Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I really wish you guys would consider an intake system for the Bi Turbo Engines
If only we could get our hands on them in the US :( We were able to look at a 3.2L diesel for a short time and develop a few parts, maybe we'll get the chance to do the same for the 2.0L bi-turbo in the future.

The R&D follow along is awesome. I wonder why only the Ranger 2.3 has that little filter elbow piece. I don't think the Mustang or Focus does... Doesn't seem like a piece of fabric would do much.
I tend to believe it has more to do with the pull that the orifices create than anything. That being said, I wonder what if any errors would occur if one was on there own of course, fabricate a similar elbow of greater dimensions while incorporating the orifices sans the clothe filter
It likely has something to do with the PCV/CCV and EVAP systems for each motor. Like Kevin said, it definitely has an effect on the flow from the EVAP system; there's a venturi in one of the connections that boost flow from the EVAP system. We saw a similar design on our 2.0L JL and a few companies got tripped up trying to replicate the flow dynamics to the point that their intakes were throwing check engine lights. You can check out a better write-up on that system here: https://www.mishimoto.com/engineering/2020/01/jeep-wrangler-intake-2018-rd-pt9/

Thanks!
-Steve
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey everybody,

The next post in our R&D blog will be coming later today but, more excitingly, the discounted pre-sale for this intake is now live! Head over to our website for more details and keep an eye out for the post detailing how we built and tested our intake.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!
-Steve

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
I took the plunge already!

RangerDanger-UT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey everybody,

The next post in our R&D blog will be coming later today but, more excitingly, the discounted pre-sale for this intake is now live! Head over to our website for more details and keep an eye out for the post detailing how we built and tested our intake.

-Steve
How long is the pre-sale for?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey everybody,

Here's the last post in this development! Check it out to see how we finished off designing, prototyping, and testing this intake, then be sure to check out our website for more details on the pre-sale!

Thanks,
-Steve

The dyno roller whirred away as we ran the Ranger through its warmup runs. We watched as the line on the graph climbed and fell with the sound of the Ranger’s 2.3L EcoBoost. With the engine up to operating temp and the dyno computer logging, we started our power runs.

When we last saw the 2019+ Ford Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost intake, we performed our 3D scans and flow-benched the stock intake. In this post, we’ll take leaps and bounds towards a finished product.

MG_9465.jpg

From our measurements and flow testing, we determined what we would keep from the stock intake and what we would improve. We want to ensure the intake air stayed as cold as possible, so we want to keep the scoop that pulls in outside air from between the hood and the grille. The rest of the airbox, however, will be completely revamped as a rotational-molded box with enough room for a custom high-flow filter.

For the intake tubes, we can only upgrade the first due to emissions restrictions. However, by replacing the first corrugated tube, we’ll improve flow drastically. Like our airbox, the first intake tube will be rotomolded plastic to give the air a smooth path into the turbo. As we mentioned in our last post, the corrugation of the first tube isolates the airbox from engine movement. Because our tube will be rigid, we need a way to allow the engine to move without damaging the intake. Instead of adding another coupler, Ye built the flexibility around the airbox and filter. A flexible collar will hold the filter and tube in place, sealing the airbox and allowing the intake to flex. Now that we had a plan, Ye could create a 3D model and begin the prototyping process.

....Continue Reading>>>

Tim G.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Occupational Health and Safety
Hey everybody,

-Steve
is it sad that ive been checking my phone every hour waiting for a ship date knowing very well it wont be shipped out until late July ...

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
is it sad that ive been checking my phone every hour waiting for a ship date knowing very well it wont be shipped out until late July ...
Haha, I'm the same way, then as soon as parts ship I start checking the tracking every two hours to make sure it's still on time ?

Unfortunately, I do have some bad news. Due to some logistics issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we've had to push back the launch a little bit. We're shooting for early to mid-August now, but we're doing everything we can to make sure we start shipping as close to the original schedule as possible.

We apologize for the delay and will keep you updated if anything changes. Feel free to let me know if you all have any questions.

Thanks,
-Steve

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Haha, I'm the same way, then as soon as parts ship I start checking the tracking every two hours to make sure it's still on time ?

Unfortunately, I do have some bad news. Due to some logistics issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we've had to push back the launch a little bit. We're shooting for early to mid-August now, but we're doing everything we can to make sure we start shipping as close to the original schedule as possible.

We apologize for the delay and will keep you updated if anything changes. Feel free to let me know if you all have any questions.

Thanks,
-Steve
At least you’re forthcoming with the delay. That’ll go a long way with this community. We can wait, even if we don’t want to. :)

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
At least you’re forthcoming with the delay. That’ll go a long way with this community. We can wait, even if we don’t want to. :)
Thanks! We always try to be as transparent as possible, even when things aren't going to plan. We appreciate everyone's patience!

-Steve

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Thanks! We always try to be as transparent as possible, even when things aren't going to plan. We appreciate everyone's patience!

-Steve
Hey Steve,

How long will this pre-sale last? I'm in the middle of an upcoming move, and I don't want to have to change addresses on you guys while the delays get sorted out...

From another Steve (possibly cooler too :cool:)

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Love the design.

I was just wondering if you could provide any information on the filter that'll be supplied with this intake.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Man i have a roush intake on the way but depending on how this ends up turning out i may ditch that later and get one that has all the parts upgraded on the intake system. Following this one closely.
I've had a Roush CAI ordered since last year. I'm getting kind of frustrated. I put on a MagnaFlow cat back, but I would like to finish this up.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everybody,

-Steve
I noticed (after ordering and then submitting a cancel request) that it is not C.A.R.B. cert for California. Will that occur soon or this will not be a market area?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.