Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Josh,

Glad to hear from you .... been absent from the forums for a while ... hope all is welll!
Hey Phil!
Yep, everything is good, just been crazy busy with my (almost) 2 year old, he's a handful! I should hopefully be back around here more often now that he's getting a little bigger.

Hope all is well with you!

Will do, thank you for your order!

-Steve
My pleasure! Thank you!

Reactions: Doc

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Phil!
Yep, everything is good, just been crazy busy with my (almost) 2 year old, he's a handful! I should hopefully be back around here more often now that he's getting a little bigger.

Hope all is well with you!

My pleasure! Thank you!
Hi Josh,

Yep...pretty socially isolated and so far virus free!

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
A one thing to keep in mind when choosing a "cool air intake" system...

Hydraulic infusion of water is always a concern, but more so with turbo engines. If you analyze the stock intake system, you'll notice the intake runner (for lack of a better name), curves down, and under the cleaning element. There are drain holes to allow excess moisture to leak out. If it can't, the stagnate water can be sucked up and into the engine with predictable results. I don't think Mishimoto makes one that is questionable, but others do.

speedczar

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Trucker
I have finally pulled the Trigger on this ( and I will need a CARB Compliant sticker when and if they become available ).

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have finally pulled the Trigger on this ( and I will need a CARB Compliant sticker when and if they become available ).
Thank you for your order! I'll make sure to let everybody know when the CARB stickers are available on here too.

Thanks again,
-Steve

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
How much sound is this going to add? I don't care about the supposed "gains". I put an intake on the last 3 vehicles I've had and I don't think intakes add anything. All I care about is the added induction sounds

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
How much sound is this going to add? I don't care about the supposed "gains". I put an intake on the last 3 vehicles I've had and I don't think intakes add anything. All I care about is the added induction sounds
You can add all the air you want...if you can't exhaust it - there is no gain.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
The intake adds a little bit of induction noise that can be heard in the cabin, but it's not much because we opted for a closed airbox that isolates the intake from hot engine air and retains the fresh air inlet.

You can add all the air you want...if you can't exhaust it - there is no gain.
That's not untrue, but we tested our intake with the factory exhaust and made an average of 6 horsepower and 7 lb-ft of torque, so the stock exhaust at least flows well enough to make some gains. These runs were also performed after the truck had been driven for several days to let the ECU adapt to the new airflow.

Thanks!
-Steve

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The intake adds a little bit of induction noise that can be heard in the cabin, but it's not much because we opted for a closed airbox that isolates the intake from hot engine air and retains the fresh air inlet.

That's not untrue, but we tested our intake with the factory exhaust and made an average of 6 horsepower and 7 lb-ft of torque, so the stock exhaust at least flows well enough to make some gains. These runs were also performed after the truck had been driven for several days to let the ECU adapt to the new airflow.

Thanks!
-Steve
LOL...I was being sarcastic. When I added the cat back, I noticed some improvement but not as much as I expected. This was a first for me, so I really didn't have any experience to measure with. But, after I put on the CAI...it was a very noticeable improvement...so I deducted...more air in without the restriction of the exhaust meant the combination was the solution over just one modification. I'm sure any mod will improve the combustion. And to complete the air flow, you need to allow the exhaust to be expended.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
LOL...I was being sarcastic. When I added the cat back, I noticed some improvement but not as much as I expected. This was a first for me, so I really didn't have any experience to measure with. But, after I put on the CAI...it was a very noticeable improvement...so I deducted...more air in without the restriction of the exhaust meant the combination was the solution over just one modification. I'm sure any mod will improve the combustion. And to complete the air flow, you need to allow the exhaust to be expended.
Haha, gotcha. Intake + exhaust (and sometimes a tune) are the holy grail of bolt-on mods on these turbocharged engines.

Thanks!
-Steve

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know that we're aiming to start shipping the intakes out this week and the pre-sale will be ending Wednesday, so get your orders in now!

Thanks,
-Steve

Last edited:

Tim G.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Occupational Health and Safety
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know that we're aiming to start shipping this intakes out this week and the pre-sale will be ending Wednesday, so get your orders in now!

Thanks,
-Steve
Can't wait!!!!!!!! What would you say the average ship time is to the east coast?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Can't wait!!!!!!!! What would you say the average ship time is to the east coast?
We're hoping to get enough in both our DE and NV warehouses that we can fulfill orders based on proximity - if everything goes to plan, yours should ship from our Delaware warehouse and arrive in a day or two. UPS says that shipping to your from our NV warehouse is still only 2 days, but I'd probably guess it's more like 3-4 days.

Thanks,
-Steve

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
We're hoping to get enough in both our DE and NV warehouses that we can fulfill orders based on proximity - if everything goes to plan, yours should ship from our Delaware warehouse and arrive in a day or two. UPS says that shipping to your from our NV warehouse is still only 2 days, but I'd probably guess it's more like 3-4 days.

Thanks,
-Steve
Did you already post pictures father back in the thread? If not can you? Also price?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.