"Lower all windows" from remote?

p3zz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
My previous car had a remote control feature, triple pressing the unlock button in quick succession lowered all windows at once, but I can't find this on the Ranger -- is there such a function? Thanks!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nope it doesn't work on the Ranger. There were a few posts on the Bronco forum where it can be done on it and I tried following the directions on how to do it and it didn't work on the Ranger.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
My previous car had a remote control feature, triple pressing the unlock button in quick succession lowered all windows at once, but I can't find this on the Ranger -- is there such a function? Thanks!
my honda did that too to my knowledge the ranger doesn't as far as I am aware that was like the precursor to remote start and fords doctrine shifted away from that when remote start came about since it does a similar function (cool down interior by letting the hot air out vs blasting the ac) but more efficiently

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Would be a sweet Ford Pass feature , even if it was only 2 inches to let the heat out ...
What I do with mine is I have it on last climate settings and if I know its gonna be hot I just turn on max ac before I get out so it has the max blast lowest temp and recirc on to cool things down faster or you can schedule the starts if you have a consistent schedule

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
Global down only works of you have keyless entry. I can do it on the mustang and the escape but not the ranger.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Global down only works of you have keyless entry. I can do it on the mustang and the escape but not the ranger.
I have keyless (intelligent access) on my Lariat and it doesn't work with it.

gnico80

First Name
Gian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger fx2
Occupation
Service technician
no global window feature on ranger. I just use remote start fro my phone

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
What I do with mine is I have it on last climate settings and if I know its gonna be hot I just turn on max ac before I get out so it has the max blast lowest temp and recirc on to cool things down faster or you can schedule the starts if you have a consistent schedule
You don't have to do anything to the climate settings (before exiting) if using Ford pass to remotely start. If you FP remote start and it’s hot outside, it will blast the ac; if it’s cold it will blast the heat.

Last edited:

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Doesn't work on my Lariat either. It does work on 2014 Fusion Titanium.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, when we picked up mine from the dealer last October, they told me it had all auto down windows with the remote. I knew it didn't, but I let them try to show me and they couldn't figure it out, LOL! They said, you'll have to get signed up in the FP app before you can do it... I swear dealers are getting dumber and dumber with each new year...

I plan on buying the Redtek thingy soon, as there's been a few days this years, when leaving work, it was blistering hot AF inside the cab!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
And next, they'll introduce a subscription fee to use it ?
? Shush you! lol They've already deleted enough stuff since 2019 we don't need to give them any more ideas. :wink:

sandog

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Pepper
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Most Ford vehicles can have Global windows enabled thru Forscan or Focuss.
I tried to enable Global windows in my Escape thru Forscan and couldn't get it to work, then I tried Focuss and was successful,

Apparently with the Ranger Ford decided to delete a $140 -$150 part that is necessary to enable Global windows, (a relay module). Once you install that part in the driver door, then global windows can be enabled thru one of the software programs.
gwhalin provided the link for the module above.
Sponsored