Continued SYNC Issues - Remote Start and Windows...

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Hey R5G Forum Folks!

In the continuing saga of my SYNC Issues, I have a new wrinkle.

Previously the system would all of the sudden, in the middle of a road trip, "forget" my phone. Not just temporarily not see it - I would have to go re-add it as a device and re-enable Apple Car Play.

So I finally threw in the towel and did a Master Reset hoping to take it back to factory and pull down the latest updates. It did the reset but was still running the latest SYNC without download. Strange, not what I expected, but OK.

I set up my WiFi and reconfigured all of my settings again and it has been fine - except for two new issues.
1. My Ford Pass App no longer works and it won't let me re-add it back
2. Drivers side window won't Auto-Up or Auto-Down anymore.

I can't find the settings or menu path to take care of these two things. Can anyone assist me?
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
damn , that's an odd glitch , just messing the auto up/down , BCM glitch maybe , unhook battery for 30 seconds is my go to...

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
I thought about that but I just had the battery replaced and the old one was out for a solid 5 minutes or longer before the new one was brought out and installed - no impact on the issue.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Did you disconnect the ASS battery monitor cable (not sure of the right name) from the battery? I know that according to a Ford tech, on Youtube, this has been known to add gremlins into the electronics.. in regards to your window issue.

Frank

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I have heard there is a BMS reset procedure that must be performed when a new battery is installed. I believe it can be done with Forscan. Saw it somewhere on here, can’t remember where.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Just look up “window auto-up down reset” Google or YouTube. Done with the key and window switch.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Just look up “window auto-up down reset” Google or YouTube. Done with the key and window switch.
I've never had to reset this on my Ranger, but had to reset the auto up/down on several Subarus. It's not related to the the head unit. My Subarus will lose the auto up/down when the battery is changed. There will be a reset procedure, as stated above.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Window controls.
Resetting the Memory of the Electric Windows - Vehicle with One Touch Up/Down on Driver Side only
Note: The bounce back feature remains turned off until you reset the memory.
In the event of a flat battery or after the battery is disconnected from the vehicle, you must reset the memory for the driver window.
1. Open the window and then try to close it using the one-touch feature.
2. Lift and hold the switch to the second action point until you fully close the window.
3. Lift and hold the switch for more than two seconds and release.
4. Open the window using the first action point and try to close it automatically using the second action point.
5. If the window does not open or close automatically when you press the switch or lift it to the second action point, repeat the procedure.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I thought about that but I just had the battery replaced and the old one was out for a solid 5 minutes or longer before the new one was brought out and installed - no impact on the issue.
Edit: Rp930 just beat me to it!!!

When you disconnect/replace the battery, the window auto down/up must be reset. From the manual:

Resetting the Memory of the Electric Windows - Vehicle with One Touch Up/Down on Driver Side only
In the event of a flat battery or after the battery is disconnected from the vehicle, you must reset the memory for the driver window.
2. Lift and hold the switch to the second action point until you fully close the window.
4. Open the window using the first action point and try to close it automatically using the second action point.
5. If the window does not open or close automatically when you press the switch or lift it to the second action point, repeat the procedure.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Did you disconnect the ASS battery monitor cable (not sure of the right name) from the battery? I know that according to a Ford tech, on Youtube, this has been known to add gremlins into the electronics.. in regards to your window issue.

Frank
I have experienced this, twice in two weeks my entire sync system has gone dead, replaced the the plug on the neg terminal and it comes back up as if reset.

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
I have heard there is a BMS reset procedure that must be performed when a new battery is installed. I believe it can be done with Forscan. Saw it somewhere on here, can’t remember where.

I found this and did it. Key accessory on / engine off. Flash brights 5 times. Pump brake 5 times. Battery icon flashed four times indicating BMS reset.

I'm wondering if they ever reset the BMS the first time and that may be why the battery failed so soon. But it also has me wondering - why is this not just a memory option. Feels a lot like a Nintendo - left left right right up down up down a, b, start.

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
Window controls.
Gracias! Knocked that out yesterday.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Feels a lot like a Nintendo - left left right right up down up down a, b, start.
Wasn't that the "Contra" code ? where you didn't die ? Only way I was ever gona see the end of the game...

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
Wasn't that the "Contra" code ? where you didn't die ? Only way I was ever gona see the end of the game...
Started with Contra but worked on others.
Sponsored