Adding Remote Start from Fob

Zanardi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Saber 4x4 Sport
I found some older threads that somewhat address this topic but want to see if anything more has been learned now that the new Ranger has been out for a while.

When I bought my 2019 XLT it did not have the factory installed remote start option on the key fobs. I was thrilled to learn I could remote start the vehicle through my phone. That feature has worked well. I would still like to have the feature on my key fob in case I don't have my phone on me, I'm in an area with no service, my wife or kids are driving the truck, etc...

When I search for the official Ford remote start kit for 2019 Ranger it seems only a pair of fobs come up, or a long range extender. A complete kit with the receiver box, all of the wiring and such does not come up:

1) Has it been confirmed that the system currently installed that works through my phone is indeed a different and separate receiver from the factory installed option that works from the key fob?

2) If the same - can I simply buy the Ford remote start key fobs listed as a Ranger accessory, program them (or have the dealership program them) to match my current receiver and be good to go?

3) If the receivers are indeed different does the lack of a remote start receiver kit as a Ranger accessory indicate the fob controlled system is only available as a factory installed system and can not be added now?

4) Since there is already a remote start system on board (the one that works through the phone app) - does that preclude me from having an aftermarket remote start installed? There are dozens of kits available that claim to be suitable for the 2019 Ranger. From experience however that doesn't necessarily mean that's the case. Since something's already in place I would think the new system wiring would need to connect to many if not all of the same points? I don't want to remove my current system that works through the phone app.

Any direction is appreciated. I discussed with my dealership and they have no idea if I can just buy the Ford accessory fobs and be good to go. A bit surprising since I know this particular dealership sold a lot of Rangers in 2019 and into 2020. Either no one else has brought it up or most of the trucks had the factory option. They were going to research and call me back but as anticipated I've heard nothing.

Thank you!
Sponsored

mapco

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
In for answer. The phone app hasn't always been reliable for me.

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
I found some older threads that somewhat address this topic but want to see if anything more has been learned now that the new Ranger has been out for a while.

When I bought my 2019 XLT it did not have the factory installed remote start option on the key fobs. I was thrilled to learn I could remote start the vehicle through my phone. That feature has worked well. I would still like to have the feature on my key fob in case I don't have my phone on me, I'm in an area with no service, my wife or kids are driving the truck, etc...

When I search for the official Ford remote start kit for 2019 Ranger it seems only a pair of fobs come up, or a long range extender. A complete kit with the receiver box, all of the wiring and such does not come up:

1) Has it been confirmed that the system currently installed that works through my phone is indeed a different and separate receiver from the factory installed option that works from the key fob?

2) If the same - can I simply buy the Ford remote start key fobs listed as a Ranger accessory, program them (or have the dealership program them) to match my current receiver and be good to go?

3) If the receivers are indeed different does the lack of a remote start receiver kit as a Ranger accessory indicate the fob controlled system is only available as a factory installed system and can not be added now?

4) Since there is already a remote start system on board (the one that works through the phone app) - does that preclude me from having an aftermarket remote start installed? There are dozens of kits available that claim to be suitable for the 2019 Ranger. From experience however that doesn't necessarily mean that's the case. Since something's already in place I would think the new system wiring would need to connect to many if not all of the same points? I don't want to remove my current system that works through the phone app.

Any direction is appreciated. I discussed with my dealership and they have no idea if I can just buy the Ford accessory fobs and be good to go. A bit surprising since I know this particular dealership sold a lot of Rangers in 2019 and into 2020. Either no one else has brought it up or most of the trucks had the factory option. They were going to research and call me back but as anticipated I've heard nothing.

Thank you!

Check out this thread. It should answer most if not all of your questions :)
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/remote-start-key-fob.9472/

Last edited:
OP
OP

Zanardi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Saber 4x4 Sport
Thank you Washashore! The link to the module/part is very helpful. I can send that to my dealership and at least confirm it is still current and available and they can work with it. The service tech I originally spoke with mentioned using lock/unlock sequences and such so he may have been thinking of that very setup. He said he just wanted to make sure he wasn't confusing things with F150.

Thank you again for sending the link.

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
im not sure if this is what ur thinking?

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Last edited:

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)