Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
I have been a VW owner most of my life, so owning a new brand will have it's learning curves, especially being a 4x4. I'm sure when I go to pick up my new Ranger (whenever it finally gets built lol) my sales guy will go over the main features with me. But I don't want to spend half the day there learning about the truck when I can be proactive and watch some youtube videos now or read some online articles to familiarize myself while I am waiting. I found a couple, but mostly everything I find are "reviews". I Don't want that, I'm looking for features of the truck, "how to use " or secret features that sales guys don't know about and general operation of the truck, especially the FX4 features. Are there any specific videos on youtube that any of you new Ranger owners have found that have helped you with learning about the truck? So far i have really enjoyed my time on here, the users here are entertaining and knowledgeable, and I have learned a lot about these trucks so far and I can't wait till mine gets here.

I ordered a 23' CG SCAB 4x4 FX4 XLT with Start/Stop delete, tow and Black appearance for reference.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have been a VW owner most of my life, so owning a new brand will have it's learning curves, especially being a 4x4. I'm sure when I go to pick up my new Ranger (whenever it finally gets built lol) my sales guy will go over the main features with me. But I don't want to spend half the day there learning about the truck when I can be proactive and watch some youtube videos now or read some online articles to familiarize myself while I am waiting. I found a couple, but mostly everything I find are "reviews". I Don't want that, I'm looking for features of the truck, "how to use " or secret features that sales guys don't know about and general operation of the truck, especially the FX4 features. Are there any specific videos on youtube that any of you new Ranger owners have found that have helped you with learning about the truck? So far i have really enjoyed my time on here, the users here are entertaining and knowledgeable, and I have learned a lot about these trucks so far and I can't wait till mine gets here.

I ordered a 23' CG SCAB 4x4 FX4 with Start/Stop delete, tow and Black appearance for reference.

Thanks!!
Hi Morgan,

I recall that Ford has such videos of features and how to operate the Ranger....you might start with a call to Ford Customer Care for more info for where these videos are located... Sorry...a bit busy now as I am teaching a class this afternoon on the Sonoran Desert Tortoise and I have to get my tortoise, Tito all gussied up....

best,
Phil

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
This sounds as boring as heck but maybe download the Ford Pass App and see if you have access to the Owner’s Manual and other reference material it contains.

If not, maybe @P. A. Schilke will post a video on the Sonoran Desert Tortoise and you could check that out in the meantime. ?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I ordered a 23' CG SCAB 4x4 FX4 with Start/Stop delete, tow and Black appearance for reference.
Is it a XLT or a Lariat? Any other packages? It does make a difference on some things. Definitely pictures once it gets here.

First of all welcome. You will find tons of info here and lots to spend youroney on, so watch your wallet. As was said the salesman will go through the basics, and you may know more about the truck than he does.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
I own my truck 3 months for now, 10 000 km on it, and still enjoy trying out new things, still learning. Owner manual and forum search button every time I want to know something specific ;) Never owned a truck before.

The dealer informs you only about main things and this is not much, after that you are on your own.

I suggest to check if wheel bolts are fastened and tightened and tire pressures correct when you finally get it. Mine were not…
Yea I'll be definitely be doing my own inspections once I get it home, I've learned that from working here at VW. VW's are notorious (maybe other manufacturers as well) for shipping "pucks" left in the suspension after PDI lol.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Is it a XLT or a Lariat? Any other packages? It does make a difference on some things. Definitely pictures once it gets here.

First of all welcome. You will find tons of info here and lots to spend youroney on, so watch your wallet. As was said the salesman will go through the basics, and you may know more about the truck than he does.
XLT, I fixed it. Knew I'd forget something lol. Oh I have already made some purchases, first was the ignition trim ring ?.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
As soon as you get your truck, I'd check the tire pressure, fuel tank level and windshield wiper fluid reservoir level. (unless of course your dealership actually does their job and checks these for you) It seems like most owners have had their tire pressure way too high (for shipping?) and empty windshield washer and fuel tanks when picking up their new trucks from the dealership.

Muddy Fenders

Banned
Banned
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I would find out if "start/stop delete" is they delete the button so it is always on like the Transit.
If you want to have the choice you may want to see about buying this back.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
I would find out if "start/stop delete" is they delete the button so it is always on like the Transit.
If you want to have the choice you may want to see about buying this back.
I don't want the Start/Stop, it's annoying. I was gonna get one of those adapters that plug in but since you can just not have it installed and get a $50 credit, even better.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome. Here are useful links:
Online owner's manual.
Links to shop manuals.
Ford Service and Support - lots of info on tech found in Ford vehicles.
Awesome, thanks man!!

WTH...there's an Ambulance package and I was not informed of this!! ???

Using Your Vehicle With a Snowplow
Do not use this vehicle for snowplowing.
Your vehicle does not have a snowplowing package.
Using Your Vehicle as an Ambulance
Do not use this vehicle as an ambulance.
Your vehicle does not have the Ambulance Preparation Package.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
welcome!

tbh there isnt to many hidden features tbh the only one i learned later then i should have was the back up sensor when i had my dual sport on the hitch it would always beep at me and i didnt know you could turn it off lol

i guess the other thing is unless there is a way to do it(i havent found out yet) any terrain mode auto puts the truck into 4wd... unsure if thats something i can change or not because it would be nice to be able to be in like sand mode in 2wd to play about.

other then that nothing i can think of tbh

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

I ordered a 23' CG SCAB 4x4 FX4 XLT with Start/Stop delete, tow and Black appearance for reference.

Thanks!!
My wife knows everything, therefore no need for Siri or Alexa, so I’m here for the entertainment ??

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Being new to 4X drive it’s not going to be something you use often or at all. I have the exact same setup as you even with the blackout package. My use has been 4 times in the last two years of ownership. 2 with snow storms and 2 off road. Can’t really do full wheel turns without some nasty grunts and grinds. Otherwise hold your wallet close being on here. You’re going to find out you need all kinds of stuff you never thought you would want!

Now for the first adds see you got the ignition bezel already. Tailgate damper @AzScorpion will help you out with and he has some other things he might pitch to you as well!

Welcome to the Ranger fam!
Sponsored