First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Ford Flex
Occupation
Firefighter
I agree, but depending on how the space utilization is laid out, it may be something that is a possibility. In any case I just wanted to lay out what my expectations are. Having worked on my own vehicles for nearly 15 years, I'm more than happy to drop a tank, but I don't have the patience or room to pull the bed.
I’m the opposite. I’d much rather pull the bed than drop the tank. Any time I need to replace a fuel pump I pull the bed. Helps having a good oak tree branch to hoist it from but I’ve done it without as many times.
Sponsored

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Any updates from Long Range? I'm real jealous of my friends F150 35 gallon tank. We get the same MPG towing but he can go twice the distance. My wife told me to get a truck with a bigger gas tank.
20200816_181438.jpg

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Any updates from Long Range? I'm real jealous of my friends F150 35 gallon tank. We get the same MPG towing but he can go twice the distance. My wife told me to get a truck with a bigger gas tank.
20200816_181438.jpg
Unfortunately a prototype tank wont be ready to fit until January at the earliest. Parts from ford are on back order and LRA is starting to get backed up on international orders in Australia. That is the latest news I have.

I understand the struggle since the MPG drops with any sort of weight load. Even with my tune the best I could do was between 16-18 at best.

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Unfortunately a prototype tank wont be ready to fit until January at the earliest. Parts from ford are on back order and LRA is starting to get backed up on international orders in Australia. That is the latest news I have.

I understand the struggle since the MPG drops with any sort of weight load. Even with my tune the best I could do was between 16-18 at best.
I feel like there are alot of great products just around the corner for our trucks. Mishimoto and Mountune should be releasing intercooler piping to match their intercoolers next year as well.
I'm definitely on board to buy the LR gas tank the second its available. Im okay with any size but the main thing I would want is for the tank to be higher than or flush to the frame.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I feel like there are alot of great products just around the corner for our trucks. Mishimoto and Mountune should be releasing intercooler piping to match their intercoolers next year as well.
I'm definitely on board to buy the LR gas tank the second its available. Im okay with any size but the main thing I would want is for the tank to be higher than or flush to the frame.
I can understand wanting a flush mount or higher tank. Weather that will happen or not I can't say but as mentioned before they make nice tanks that can take a beating and if you go offroad then put a Lift kit(not a leveling kit) on the truck and clearance shouldnt be a problem like most want to think. I myself have the Old Man EMU lift and I haven't touched anything underneath on the trail and it makes it wonderful. It doesn't mean I wont touch anything yet but the possibility is still there. If you install just a leveling kit then you have a greater chance of hitting things down below since all you did was raise the front. And in my opinion it is kind of silly to put a leveling kit on any vehicle you plan to take offroad.

Hope that made some kind of sense to you.

Ward Harris

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2013 Lexus GX 460
Occupation
North American Distributor of Steel Fuel Tanks and Rear Bumper Systems from Australia
Thanks for your continued interest - also for mention of Mishimoto. That firm is a favorite of ours - great products, amazing communications skills and an inspiration to us as a business on how to do it "the right way"

As Chris says, access to OE parts for development plus Covid shutdowns/slowdowns makes life interesting these days. The Range tank is top of list for next prototype.

Cheers,
Ward

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I can understand wanting a flush mount or higher tank. Weather that will happen or not I can't say but as mentioned before they make nice tanks that can take a beating and if you go offroad then put a Lift kit(not a leveling kit) on the truck and clearance shouldnt be a problem like most want to think. I myself have the Old Man EMU lift and I haven't touched anything underneath on the trail and it makes it wonderful. It doesn't mean I wont touch anything yet but the possibility is still there. If you install just a leveling kit then you have a greater chance of hitting things down below since all you did was raise the front. And in my opinion it is kind of silly to put a leveling kit on any vehicle you plan to take offroad.

Hope that made some kind of sense to you.
I would buy it regardless, but there seems to be plenty of room to make q large tank b
Thanks for your continued interest - also for mention of Mishimoto. That firm is a favorite of ours - great products, amazing communications skills and an inspiration to us as a business on how to do it "the right way"

As Chris says, access to OE parts for development plus Covid shutdowns/slowdowns makes life interesting these days. The Range tank is top of list for next prototype.

Cheers,
Ward
Thats great to hear. I can't wait to purchase your finished product and be able to skip a gas station or two when we are towing our boat out of town.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
I need a bigger tank and also am interested. I've towed across the country, twice now, and having to stop at short of 200 miles reminds me of being on my motorcycle... The number of scares with small town gas stations late at night that are closed is too many. I carry a 5 gal can with me, just in case.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
If there was a bigger aftermarket tank available I would buy it immediately. Even if it was 2 grand.
There is a lot of room underneath too, in front of the gas tank. So space is no issue. I hope something comes along.

ChiliTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I need a bigger tank and also am interested. I've towed across the country, twice now, and having to stop at short of 200 miles reminds me of being on my motorcycle... The number of scares with small town gas stations late at night that are closed is too many. I carry a 5 gal can with me, just in case.
100%, I go to some secluded race tracks at varying hours and it never fails to have to stop in some sketchy area at the worse time haha. I have a 16 gallon gas tank with a hand pump I use @ the track which I've resorted to use in the bed of the truck as my reserve for now. Better to pull off @ a rest stop or well lit area and use that then the latter. Hopefully something comes over this fall/winter so I can just have a bigger tank slung under this damn truck, I love it otherwise :)

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
100%, I go to some secluded race tracks at varying hours and it never fails to have to stop in some sketchy area at the worse time haha. I have a 16 gallon gas tank with a hand pump I use @ the track which I've resorted to use in the bed of the truck as my reserve for now. Better to pull off @ a rest stop or well lit area and use that then the latter. Hopefully something comes over this fall/winter so I can just have a bigger tank slung under this damn truck, I love it otherwise :)
Yeah, I'm hauling my motos as well.
6x12 Enclosed yields about 12mpg at 70mph so range sucks.

ChiliTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yeah, I'm hauling my motos as well.
6x12 Enclosed yields about 12mpg at 70mph so range sucks.
Yep, 8.5x17 here so I got a BIG OLE BRICK behind me haha. I'm around 11-12 as well if I am pacing, but when I go south, mostly everything is 70mph and I sink to 9-10 mpg going 70+. I'd love to get at min a mid-20s gallon tank but honestly, I want a 30+ gallon one.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.