First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
Still getting to know the truck, overall loving it so far. But think I may have a couple more small ones to add sadly.

Any 23 owners get the little removable pen tray or w/e it is in the center console? Not that probably too many care about it anyhow, I myself was replacing with one of the full size trays when I noticed it wasn’t there.

This one however is something I DO care about, however insignificant seeming.
When I was installing my dash lettering inlays it dawned on me the Lariat dash trim is no longer actually painted like years prior, and appears to be moulded in color. To me, it makes quite a difference in the interiors appearance, and really took the Lariats interior up a notch to have actual paint matched interior trim to the exterior trim and was somewhat of a “feature” to me. They’re still “magnetic grey” but it’s no where near the same.

Photos attached of my matte looking MIC 23 panel (it does look more matte in the photo than it is but still), and a photo’s of someone’s actual painted trim panel. This extends to the vent and door trim as well obviously
21F2DA5A-908A-456A-A550-A45CB69CE601.jpeg
EF942748-1B65-4FF9-AB3B-381292EAD39F.jpeg

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
Last edited:

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Still getting to know the truck, overall loving it so far. But think I may have a couple more small ones to add sadly.

Any 23 owners get the little removable pen tray or w/e it is in the center console? Not that probably too many care about it anyhow, I myself was replacing with one of the full size trays when I noticed it wasn’t there.

This one however is something I DO care about, however insignificant seeming.
When I was installing my dash lettering inlays it dawned on me the Lariat dash trim is no longer actually painted like years prior, and appears to be moulded in color. To me, it makes quite a difference in the interiors appearance, and really took the Lariats interior up a notch to have actual paint matched interior trim to the exterior trim and was somewhat of a “feature” to me. They’re still “magnetic grey” but it’s no where near the same.
Pretty sure that black dash panel is part of the Tremor package

LB
@Surlyman pen tray was removed sometime in 2019 or 2020 production years. And as @LB'sTremor stated the Tremor has a more subdued interior look. The chrome is also more of a brushed look as opposed to the mirror finish of the regular Lariat.

I kind of like the more subdued nature of the interior finishes. But just one man opinion.

Frank

Surlyman

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
@Surlyman pen tray was removed sometime in 2019 or 2020 production years. And as @LB'sTremor stated the Tremor has a more subdued interior look. The chrome is also more of a brushed look as opposed to the mirror finish of the regular Lariat.

I kind of like the more subdued nature of the interior finishes. But just one man opinion.

Frank
Suppose that makes sense now, I test drove a Lariat sport (gloss), and an XLT tremor which had the semi-gloss or w/e, but I attributed that to being an XLT at the time and was expecting/looking forward to the gloss appearance.

Nothing a little gloss clear won’t fix however, just gonna go ahead and add it to the list. :crazy:

R_Willis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
No power folding or heated side mirrors in my '23 XLT 302a even though website build/price shows it.

Screenshot_20230223_103941_Chrome.jpg

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
No power folding or heated side mirrors in my '23 XLT 302a even though website build/price shows it.

That sucks!

Did you receive any sort of credit?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.

Power folding mirrors only come on the Lariat with the 500A package.
The 302A has only the power and heated mirrors. The 500A package isn't available on the XLT.

On my 2021, it appears the power folding mirrors were included in the 302A and available on the XLT. Looks like they did away with that option in 2023, and available only on the Lariat 500A package.

Last edited:

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
The 302A has only the power and heated mirrors. The 500A package isn't available on the XLT.

On my 2021, it appears the power folding mirrors were included in the 302A and available on the XLT. Looks like they did away with that option in 2023, and available only on the Lariat 500A package.
Oh! Hopefully he got powered and heated.

R_Willis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
So power means power controlling the mirror itself? I didn't know there where any cars you had to roll down window any physically push mirror glass? Lol - just presumed it meant power folding.

I will check to see if its heated.

Actually plan to try and do Lariat mirrors eventually for the built-in turn signals. I like that safety feature.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 XLT has a small button by the mirror adjustment...push it and the mirror folds...

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
So power means power controlling the mirror itself? I didn't know there where any cars you had to roll down window any physically push mirror glass? Lol - just presumed it meant power folding.

I will check to see if its heated.

Actually plan to try and do Lariat mirrors eventually for the built-in turn signals. I like that safety feature.
Yeah, the power on your 302A only refers to the mirror glass being able to be controlled.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My 2019 XLT has a small button by the mirror adjustment...push it and the mirror folds...
I'm sure you know but If you push it again after you shut the truck off and before opening the door when you restart it the mirrors will reopen. Magic! ?
Sponsored