First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Ranger drivers aren't as think as you drunk they are.
Drunk driving is like anything else, you have to practice to get good at it.
Long story but my best bud opened a craft brewery in Pittsburgh. Pic of the Ranger helping out last year unloading the canning machine from the semi-truck. Had to pull it straight out from the semi into his F-250 then back my Ranger up to it to bridge it so we could pick it up in the middle with the forklift. Besides being a licensed funeral director and embalmer I have a forklift certification. My skill set is, umm, unusual.
I don't get paid but I get the employee discount on beer. ?

Ranger_Brewery.jpeg

Last edited:

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Now wait a minute, how does an S10 rank 2nd and Dakota 5? Something tells me this is old data.
And for '21 data, Astro? Caprice?
I think the person putting this together was drinking.
??:beer:?

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
This is another example of taking data out of context, just like most of the popular press does these days!

Ask yourself "who" drives each of the vehicles listed. Compare that to the demographic for that associated group. Then, and only then, draw a conclusion.

To glean two groups out of the list, is actually easy if you put some thought into it. The glaring one, is indeed pickups, especially lower priced ones. To wit: Working class folks. It is well known, that blue collar workers, drink much more per capita, than white collar workers, especially beer.

And look at the hot rods here: BMW 4s, Audi A4s, and Subaru WRXs. All of these have a commonality, each of us are aware of. In case you're wondering, compare the list against the NHTSA's list of who gets the most traffic tickets. It almost jumps off the page into your face!

Oh well, carry on.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
i suspect a correlation to the relentless, shameful decontenting of the Ranger after 2019.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Cocktails on the Patio at Beer:30....Ranger in the Garage and keys on my dresser where they will stay for the night....

best,
Phil

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
It's all 'Murican pick 'em up trucks with a couple Yurapee'in sedans mixed in? No hipster DB's get pulled over in rice burners?
Hipsters drive Subarus so they are on there.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Surprised that Mercedes-Benz nor Tesla not on this list, most (not all) pseudo "drivers" of these marques are some of the most inattentive drivers ever in Honolulu.

You'd swear that they are impaired in some way or another...

Don't get me started on so-called "Smart" car drivers either!

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Surprised that Mercedes-Benz nor Tesla not on this list, most (not all) pseudo "drivers" of these marques are some of the most inattentive drivers ever in Honolulu.

You'd swear that they are impaired in some way or another...

Don't get me started on so-called "Smart" car drivers either!
I always took The BUS it made for entertaining times. $40 for a monthly pass back then and it went everywhere

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Well I know last night there was one on here.

Ahemmm... @Augie81. ??

Besides Augie it's not anyone else here because the ban list would be astronomical. ? ?
Hey now. I never drove drunk in my Ranger or any other vehicle to add to those stats in the OP of drunk drivers. That's not something I would do. I was comfortably at my home when I made all those goofy posts. It was a fun night playing cards with my friends who also had designated drivers that took those drinking with me home when the game was over.

Then I made the drunk mistake of not going to bed after my friends left and decided to go on a posting rampage here. I thought, hey this would be funny. Did my thing and then finally checked out and went to bed after I made an ass out of myself. :p

But the one interesting thing was I woke up the next day feeling like crap, looked in the mirror and someone drew a picture with a Sharpie of a tailgate damper on my forehead. Can anyone explain that?
Sponsored