First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey now. I never drove drunk in my Ranger or any other vehicle to add to those stats in the OP of drunk drivers. That's not something I would do. I was comfortably at my home when I made all those goofy posts. It was a fun night playing cards with my friends who also had designated drivers that took those drinking with me home when the game was over.

Then I made the drunk mistake of not going to bed after my friends left and decided to go on a posting rampage here. I thought, hey this would be funny. Did my thing and then finally checked out and went to bed after I made an ass out of myself. :p

But the one interesting thing was I woke up the next day feeling like crap, looked in the mirror and someone drew a picture with a Sharpie of a tailgate damper on my forehead. Can anyone explain that?
I wonder who would do such a thing? :rolleyes:?

Oh, I wasn't saying you were drinking and driving. I said you were the only one on here that night drunk and posting. :crazy:?
Sponsored

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
This is another example of taking data out of context, just like most of the popular press does these days!

Ask yourself "who" drives each of the vehicles listed. Compare that to the demographic for that associated group. Then, and only then, draw a conclusion.

To glean two groups out of the list, is actually easy if you put some thought into it. The glaring one, is indeed pickups, especially lower priced ones. To wit: Working class folks. It is well known, that blue collar workers, drink much more per capita, than white collar workers, especially beer.

And look at the hot rods here: BMW 4s, Audi A4s, and Subaru WRXs. All of these have a commonality, each of us are aware of. In case you're wondering, compare the list against the NHTSA's list of who gets the most traffic tickets. It almost jumps off the page into your face!

Oh well, carry on.

... speaking of taking data out of context......
it does say that the data is based on drivers who reported a prior DUI. that doesn't mean they were Ranger drivers at the time they got their DWI, just that they currently drive one. Which, obviously leads a reader to believe there is a correlation thats not necessarily true... so current Ranger drivers rank sixth (according to the article) on list of drivers who, at some point in their entire lives, have had a DUI conviction...

not that any of this has an affect on the price of tea in China, but just that internet articles love skewing data as much as possible to get the most clicks. ?‍♂

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
... speaking of taking data out of context......
it does say that the data is based on drivers who reported a prior DUI. that doesn't mean they were Ranger drivers at the time they got their DWI, just that they currently drive one. Which, obviously leads a reader to believe there is a correlation thats not necessarily true... so current Ranger drivers rank sixth (according to the article) on list of drivers who, at some point in their entire lives, have had a DUI conviction...

not that any of this has an affect on the price of tea in China, but just that internet articles love skewing data as much as possible to get the most clicks. ?‍♂
Where you get your data from?
We need facts and science else it ain't true.
Don't try to use any logic and common sense when it comes to the internet.... ;) :LOL:
Back when I was young and naive, I asked our cfo how our budget numbers were looking. He asked me how I wanted them to look. He went on to explain they could make the numbers look the way they needed.
Same with any data. Use the data that fits your narrative and proves what you want.?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yep!
I’m much older and a Little wiser.
Thank God I never hurt anyone or myself
I hear ya there! I think back at some of the DUMB things I did (yes drinking and driving was one of them) and I could kick myself now! :facepalm: I'm glad to have wisened up as some never do and leave a mess behind them all their life. Sad because they don't realize how many people they hurt (not physically either) along the way.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I hear ya there! I think back at some of the DUMB things I did (yes drinking and driving was one of them) and I could kick myself now! :facepalm: I'm glad to have wisened up as some never do and leave a mess behind them all their life. Sad because they don't realize how many people they hurt (not physically either) along the way.
Well all that is horribly familiar , I , also quite the asshole in my youth , "woke up driving" more than once, extremely lucky that nothing ever happened. My vehicles now take me to and return me from (next morning) anything alcohol realted... No excuse ever , especially now with all the Uber alternatives out there...

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
What about junkies, anarchists, child molesters, sociopaths and chrome lovers driving Ford Rangers. Why restrict the data to drunkards only , not fair to others.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Drinking and driving is bad. Just drive and drink, has to be better.

I do neither btw.