First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
As I've told people, Zoom/webex is better than nothing, but it certainly doesn't substitute for talking to people face to face. And the more people you have on a meeting the worse it is (at least that has been my experience). Technology has come a long way, but it still has a LONG ways to go in this arena.
We just started to slowly switch over the Microsoft Teams, the sound quality is much better. The volume of everyone voice is much clearer and is more equal volume.

I agree its better to be in person, for the time being working from home i can multitask and say rebuild a carburetor while all the important people get to listen to themselves talk on the meetings.
Sponsored

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Letter To Humanity

" The earth whispered but you did not hear. The earth spoke but you did not listen The earth screamed but you turned her off. And so, I was born… I was not born to punish you… I was born to awaken you… The earth cried out for help… Massive flooding. But you didn’t listen. Burning fires. But you didn’t listen. Strong hurricanes. But you didn’t listen. Terrifying Tornadoes. But you didn’t listen. You still don’t listen to the earth when. Ocean animals are dying due to pollutants in the waters. Glaciers melting at an alarming rate. Severe drought. You didn’t listen to how much negativity the earth is receiving. Non-stop wars. Non-stop greed. You just kept going on with your life… No matter how much hate there was… No matter how many killings daily… It was more important to get that latest iPhone than worry about what the earth was trying to tell you… But now I am here. And I’ve made the world stop on its tracks. I’ve made YOU finally listen. I’ve made you take refuge. I’ve made you stop thinking about materialistic things… Now you are like the earth… You are only worried about YOUR survival. How does that feel? I give you fever… as the fires burn on earth. I give you respiratory issues… as pollution fill the earth air. I give you weakness as the earth weakens every day. I took away your comforts… Your outings. The things you would use to forget about the planet and its pain.

And I made the world stop…

And now… China has better air quality… Skies are clear blue because factories are not spewing pollution unto the earth’s air. The water in Venice is clean and dolphins are being seen. Because the gondola boats that pollute the water are not being used. YOU are having to take time to reflect on what is important in your life. Again, I am not here to punish you… I am here to Awaken you… When all this is over and I am gone… Please remember these moments… Listen to the earth. Listen to your soul. Stop Polluting the earth. Stop Fighting among each other. Stop caring about materialistic things. And start loving your neighbors. Start caring about the earth and all its creatures. Start believing in a Creator. Because next time I may come back even stronger…. "

Signed,
Coronavirus

(Written by: Vivienne R Reich)

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Letter To Humanity

" The earth whispered but you did not hear. The earth spoke but you did not listen The earth screamed but you turned her off. And so, I was born… I was not born to punish you… I was born to awaken you… The earth cried out for help… Massive flooding. But you didn’t listen. Burning fires. But you didn’t listen. Strong hurricanes. But you didn’t listen. Terrifying Tornadoes. But you didn’t listen. You still don’t listen to the earth when. Ocean animals are dying due to pollutants in the waters. Glaciers melting at an alarming rate. Severe drought. You didn’t listen to how much negativity the earth is receiving. Non-stop wars. Non-stop greed. You just kept going on with your life… No matter how much hate there was… No matter how many killings daily… It was more important to get that latest iPhone than worry about what the earth was trying to tell you… But now I am here. And I’ve made the world stop on its tracks. I’ve made YOU finally listen. I’ve made you take refuge. I’ve made you stop thinking about materialistic things… Now you are like the earth… You are only worried about YOUR survival. How does that feel? I give you fever… as the fires burn on earth. I give you respiratory issues… as pollution fill the earth air. I give you weakness as the earth weakens every day. I took away your comforts… Your outings. The things you would use to forget about the planet and its pain.

And I made the world stop…

And now… China has better air quality… Skies are clear blue because factories are not spewing pollution unto the earth’s air. The water in Venice is clean and dolphins are being seen. Because the gondola boats that pollute the water are not being used. YOU are having to take time to reflect on what is important in your life. Again, I am not here to punish you… I am here to Awaken you… When all this is over and I am gone… Please remember these moments… Listen to the earth. Listen to your soul. Stop Polluting the earth. Stop Fighting among each other. Stop caring about materialistic things. And start loving your neighbors. Start caring about the earth and all its creatures. Start believing in a Creator. Because next time I may come back even stronger…. "

Signed,
Coronavirus

(Written by: Vivienne R Reich)
This is incredible....thank you!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You're right in that if your temp is above their cutoff, excuses won't be listened to and you'll be kept off the plane.

You'll probably be feeling better tomorrow anyway.

They used to load us up with injections in the military and you felt like a truckload of stumps for about a day. Second day was always much better.

Ibuprofen always worked better for me than acetaminophen. Take it an hour before you expect to go through and you should be OK.

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
You're right in that if your temp is above their cutoff, excuses won't be listened to and you'll be kept off the plane.

You'll probably be feeling better tomorrow anyway.

They used to load us up with injections in the military and you felt like a truckload of stumps for about a day. Second day was always much better.

Ibuprofen always worked better for me than acetaminophen. Take it an hour before you expect to go through and you should be OK.
Oh man have not thought about that in a while lol. It was like collecting your food at a buffet counter but instead it was needles poking you. Then to top it off at the end you got the good ol prick to the butt cheek and had to roll around on your ass to wake it back up.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Oh man have not thought about that in a while lol. It was like collecting your food at a buffet counter but instead it was needles poking you. Then to top it off at the end you got the good ol prick to the butt cheek and had to roll around on your ass to wake it back up.
I've had a lifetime of vaccinations in the first 25 years of my life from all the 3rd world shitholes my country sent me to. I'm avoiding any more. I'm no longer required to take them. Flu shot makes me sick. Not going to be a guinea pig for big pharma to make profits on a covid vaccination, that may or may not be effective and quite possibly can be dangerous. I'll willingly be the control part of the population that doesn't get a vaccine.

I think one of the screening questions is them asking you if you are taking any fever reducing medications. Lie.

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
I've had a lifetime of vaccinations in the first 25 years of my life from all the 3rd world shitholes my country sent me to. I'm avoiding any more. I'm no longer required to take them. Flu shot makes me sick. Not going to be a guinea pig for big pharma to make profits on a covid vaccination, that may or may not be effective and quite possibly can be dangerous. I'll willingly be the control part of the population that doesn't get a vaccine.

I think one of the screening questions is them asking you if you are taking any fever reducing medications. Lie.
Same here, got out in 2012 and haven't got a vac shot since. We got more shots in service than probably 10 civvys get in a lifetime. I just make sure I stay fit and eat properly, has been working fine for me so far.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
so, somewhere down the line I assume there will be a covid vaccination.
I dont want to start a vaccination / antivax battle, but i just got shot up with several vaccinations yesterday and looking for advice.

I got the shingles vax, the pneumococcal and the flu shot all at once, and i feel like I have gorilla arms dragging through the mud today.
I dont have a fever, but i feel warmer than normal. A fever is sometimes a side effect of the shingles vax.

I am supposed to fly across the country tomorrow for work and I'm concerned I may tip off the temp checker and cause a panic if i am on the higher side. I am sure that my excuse of vax shots wont phase them and worry I'll get booted off the flight based on a walmart brand temp checker thats not calibrated.

So, should I be taking something to reduce my fever, and reduce my gorilla arm dragging? and if so whats the best and when? is ibuprofen better than acetaminophen, and an hour before my flight? two hours?? I dunno.
Once upon a time in an ER when I was running a very high fever they gave me aspirin and tylenol at the same time. It's supposed to work faster. That was their opinion.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
15 days to slow the spread.

2.5 years later…

Did you keep your Cardinals season tickets?

Reactions: Doc

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
It is not "MAY come back" but "WILL come back." The real problem is the overpopulation of people on this planet. ?
And globalization, making it just a airplane flight away for it to span continents.

Never fear though, Mother Nature will step and take care of it, that is. if Putin or Xi don't make it happen sooner. :(
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc