Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
1 and 5 New Yorkers believed to already had the virus and recovered. Data suggesting its not as bad as originally thought to be? Seems like it to me
other than the fact that in two months the mortality rate has matched the worst case-scenario for the flu in a year and that for the elderly its about 50 times worse than the flu. Then yeah, its not so bad. Whats a million deaths here or there?
Sponsored

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
other than the fact that in two months the mortality rate has matched the worst case-scenario for the flu in a year and that for the elderly its about 50 times worse than the flu. Then yeah, its not so bad. Whats a million deaths here or there?
Effectively 0.5% death rate. But if you beilive CNN I guess there is so much more to be worried about.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Effectively 0.5% death rate. But if you beilive CNN I guess there is so much more to be worried about.
90% of statistics are made up on the spot.

3,015,373 confirmed cases
207,933 deceased from Covid-19
1,919,949 active cases
888,547 recovred

https://ncov2019.live/data

confirmed mortality rate is 14.5%
effective rate is yet to be determined because not everyone has been tested, nor do they know how many have recovered who were never tested and how many have died before tests were available. Its probable that in the US, another 100,000 to 200,000 will die from Covid-19. The Pandemic is contained in many less populated states, but its not over yet. The containment was working, but with states starting to worry more about the economy, rather than lives lost, it will bloom with a second wave of infections now that warmer weather has arrived and people are itching to travel. The only comparison we have to a modern pandemic was the Spanish Influenza of 1918. Two waves, the 2nd wave was way worse.

https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
90% of statistics are made up on the spot.

3,015,373 confirmed cases
207,933 deceased from Covid-19
1,919,949 active cases
888,547 recovred

https://ncov2019.live/data

confirmed mortality rate is 14.5%
effective rate is yet to be determined because not everyone has been tested, nor do they know how many have recovered who were never tested and how many have died before tests were available. Its probable that in the US, another 100,000 to 200,000 will die from Covid-19. The Pandemic is contained in many less populated states, but its not over yet. The containment was working, but with states starting to worry more about the economy, rather than lives lost, it will bloom with a second wave of infections now that warmer weather has arrived and people are itching to travel. The only comparison we have to a modern pandemic was the Spanish Influenza of 1918. Two waves, the 2nd wave was way worse.

https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence
The live data site is only looking at reported cases. We already know thats not anywhere close to how many people a projected to already have had it.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...ted-a-fifth-of-new-york-city-testing-suggests

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
So far, I have known virtually everyone locally that contracted COVID 19, and two of them have died. Now, our nephew is believed to have it and has been tested; we are awaiting the results. This thing is real folks.

rangerfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 ranger xlt 4.0
Cash is still king for private purchases like garage sales ,flea markets, and swap meets.even tips.
But I hear there's an app for that!
I usually carry cash for small purchases, but I have switched to credit or debit lately... since the cash in the drawer is "last in -first out"
If the grid ever goes down. EMP goes off over us. China or Russia goes all out with a cyber attack. All electronic systems crashes.

You can forget about your iPhone, ATM's, using your laptop, using a landline ( I know. Nobody has them ), charging any purchases with your credit or debt cards...

Only thing left is CASH. BOOZE & BULLETS to barter with.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
If the grid ever goes down. EMP goes off over us. China or Russia goes all out with a cyber attack. All electronic systems crashes.

You can forget about your iPhone, ATM's, using your laptop, using a landline ( I know. Nobody has them ), charging any purchases with your credit or debt cards...

Only thing left is CASH. BOOZE & BULLETS to barter with.
So I guess I better stock up on booze, since I'm a teetotaler!:rolleyes:
Shouldn't you buy a pre '70s truck?
Oh! and charge now so they can't collect?:giggle:

Last edited:

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Been out in the shop for a while now, working on some blades & finishing up a few from the move from Tucson. Glad I have something to do & a place to do it. All of this OCD energy has a place to go & I'm tired of the endless news cycles...

v0CEV14.jpg

3ziuXJv.jpg

Bq2YHZI.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
and as the wind blows (you can tell by the concave curvature of the plastic) that any airborne virus particles are being sucked right in.....perfect

It's Chinese food....That's a big fly trap for all the bugs. Why do you think the egg rolls are so crunchy? :shock::surprised:

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to say that after this is all settled down, I hope a lot of the manufacturing will come back to the US. I am talking about all manufacturing in general and am going to make a concentrated effort to buy American, even paying a higher price if need be. ??

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I wanted to say that after this is all settled down, I hope a lot of the manufacturing will come back to the US. I am talking about all manufacturing in general and am going to make a concentrated effort to buy American, even paying a higher price if need be. ??
I concur. I wish I could shop online and filter by country of origin. There would be A LOT less to sort through on Amazon, that's for sure. I don't see that becoming a thing unless it was required by law and for a good reason. I wonder how much Amazon's stock would drop if a large segment of the population turn on the "Not made in China" filter.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
I concur. I wish I could shop online and filter by country of origin. There would be A LOT less to sort through on Amazon, that's for sure. I don't see that becoming a thing unless it was required by law and for a good reason. I wonder how much Amazon's stock would drop if a large segment of the population turn on the "Not made in China" filter.
Do a search, there are many made in USA companies out there clothes, shoes, all my business casual clothes are made in USA, jeans are Texas Jeans, socks made by Fox River, EcoSox, a part for our Rangers are made here in Effingham IL. Libman makes brooms and brushes in Arcola IL, you frequently see their products on TV during baskektball games, used to wipe the floors when someone goes down. Wether Tech and Husky are made in USA. I belive Stanley is making an effort to manufacture tools here.
Maybe we should start a Made In USA thread.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My girlfriend was looking for face masks online the other night and just about every one of them were made in China! Yeah,that's not happening! I finally found an article which had a few places where they are made here in the USA. They are more expensive but F' it,that's where she's getting it from! It will be hard for certain items but we're both trying our best NOT to buy stuff from China and support those made in the USA!

USA1.jpg

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Amazon couldn’t survive without China. I cancelled my Amazon last year, I was tired of the prices going up and low quality of crap they sell. Some of the automotive tools I use seldomly I would purchase cheap and on Amazon, sometimes didn’t even make it past one time use. I had a punch break after one hit, and a piston ring compressor break before I could get one piston installed. Complete garbage that is high priced and from China is most of what they sell.
Sponsored