First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I hate to say it, but it looks like the President is going to start some shut with Iran to draw attention away from this crisis..
Regards

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I hate to say it, but it looks like the President is going to start some shut with Iran to draw attention away from this crisis..
Regards
Seems like a creative way to control the price of oil... not saying its right.

Reactions: Doc

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like I'm in the WalkingDead.........cause that's all I see in the malls only they don't have to bite you to become "one of them" who has been tested positive.....I had my yearly Blood Labs this week........VA canceled all appointments... Course the wifey doesn't want me leaving the house because I'm 65. Lol, she's 55 so she feels more invincible than me. I haven't got sick with the flu in probaly 20 years. I hardly catch colds any more. Maybe that's an ominous sign

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
That's always happening though. Tunnels to smuggle drugs over the border is nothing new.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
After the Pandemic?

Salad Bars and Buffet's are all but gone. Ironically - you'll still see them at the Chinese Buffet. That's not racist. I just see them as wholly devoted to the art and craft of the all you can eat buffet for $7.99. I also think 95% of Americans will still eat at the $7.99 Chinese Food Buffet.

Remote Work / Work From Home - This will become part of our culture and laws will have to change to allow it to be more universal, flexible and fluid.

Infrastructure Investments - I think any company that hauls data in one form or another will snap in line and the Gig-Economy will truly take off. I have been trying to convince small Arizona Towns that are out and remote to invest in getting high speed data. There are TON's of people that would like to buy a nice house for $68,000 and live the rural lifestyle but it's hard to do that with a student loan because the professions that hire college degreed people need data to work. Internet speeds are about to take off in the US.

Sadly - I think you will see the remaining "Greatest Generation" citizens wiped out. I also think "Ok Boomer" will turn into "Oh No Boomer!" as that generation is plundered pretty hard too in the coming years. It will create one of the greatest transfers of wealth inside our border as Gen-X and Millennial's now find themselves as the "eldest" in their lineage.

"Health Codes" will now supersede "Fire Codes" for dictating how many people can be in a public place to allow for "Social distancing" as peoples personal space comfort zone is pushed out to the 6 foot or beyond mark. I have always wondered why a McDonalds had a sign that says "By Order of the Fire Marshall - Occupancy not to Exceed 350 Persons." Seriously that a lot of people in a McDonalds. They don't even have that many chairs. It must be based on how many square feet divided by the number of doors allowing X number of people to evacuate inside of 2 minutes or something. I'm sure a Firefighter will clarify and I'm sure it varies from govt to govt.

I think new homes will start to be built with more storage. Seriously - If you had time to plan this out and it didn't catch you off guard, would you have had room in your house for three weeks of food, water, TP and stuff?

Personally - I'm hopeful this will impact HOA's (Home Owners Associations) Darth Vader like grasp on things like "on street parking" or "ham radio antennas" and letting people use some of their lot for food production. I'm hopeful that municipalities loosen up on Rainwater harvesting. There are a LOT of ways we have been legislated into bing consumers and less self reliant.

Many states in Hurricane Prone Areas have a Tax Free "Prepping" weekend at the beginning of summer. I'd like to see something like that to incentivize and create awareness for people to take time to get their stuff together.

Distance learning is going to come into vogue. More High schools will offer it as a substitute to suspension and discipline as well as making it available for students who are recovering from illnesses or participate in competitive sports.

I know Firearms are a divisive topic, but a lot of people are first time owners and buyers as a result of this and a lot of them in states with fairly restrictive laws. In my gun forums several people have reported neighbors that were shocked at how hard it actually is to get a gun and how long the process takes (looking at you California) and they never realized you had to get a license just to buy bullets. I think a lot of people have blindly accepted the slick shiny wrapper of "common sense gun laws" without looking deeper to see what they were actually voting for. Regardless of where you stand on the topic, I hope that more Americans actually look at the legislation their chosen representatives are passing and ask themselves "how will this impact me?" Not how will this impact me now when times are good and I don't want a gun, but how will this impact me when we are going off the rails on the crazy train? That goes for ALL Legislation, not just Gun Legislation.

And lastly - I think a lot of people are going to sell their house and move soon. When this is over, lots of people will have been stuck in their house with all of its flaws believing they would have had an easier time if only X was different. Location, pool, hot tub, Sky lights, not in an apartment no stairs, beter view, closer to Mom & Dad, room for a work out room, etc.... It will largely be a case of "the grass is always greener" but also a case of "life is too short and precious to live it somewhere that doesn't spark joy."

That's my list.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Didn't really think about this one.

During a Pandemic, an Unanticipated Problem: Out-of-Work Health Workers

As hospitals across the country brace for an onslaught of coronavirus patients, doctors, nurses and other health care workers — even in emerging hot spots — are being furloughed, reassigned or told they must take pay cuts.

The job cuts, which stretch from Massachusetts to Nevada, are a new and possibly urgent problem for a business-oriented health care system whose hospitals must earn revenue even in a national crisis. Hospitals large and small have canceled many elective services — often under state government orders — as they prepare for the virus, sending revenues plummeting.

That has left trained health care workers sidelined, even in areas around Detroit and Washington, where infection rates are climbing, and even as hard-hit hospitals are pleading for help.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/during-pandemic-unanticipated-problem-health-150355070.html

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Didn't really think about this one.

During a Pandemic, an Unanticipated Problem: Out-of-Work Health Workers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/during-pandemic-unanticipated-problem-health-150355070.html
Another example of the failure of the "for profit" capitalistic health care industry.

My GF and I, during our daily walk, was talking about the possible changes. In most communities, the school department is the single largest taxpayer expense. If everyone is being home schooled, using distance learning, the internet becomes that much more important and school buildings, less so. All that real estate should be sold and repurposed, or turned into homeless shelters, or razed and turned into vegetable gardens . Of course, if people are working from home, businesses won't need to pay for office space. The commercial real estate market is going to go into the toilet in short order. Kids being home-schooled means that one parent has to stay home to teach the kids, while the other works from home. Working from Home means that people can spread out across the planet and stop piling on top of each other in densely crowded cities. Less work related traffic results in less green house gas emissions and curbs global warming. Less dependence on fossil fuels, less dependence on the Middle East and Americans can finally stop inadvertantly funding jihadists. Covid-19 seems to be a death sentence for the elderly. Watching the evening News, I've only seen one elderly person that was touted to survive and he was 104 year old WWII veteran. Can't be many of the greatest generation left. Even the Baby-Boomer generation, the generation that hoards most of the wealth in this county, is of an age where they are high-risk. All those 401k's and pensions that won't need to be paid out should help some industries. Maybe that wealth being passed down to descendents will help prop up the housing market where newly flush with cash Millenials and Gen Z will buy houses from the surviving Gen-X'ers.

Just thinking out loud, but the potential for change is endless.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Another example of the failure of the "for profit" capitalistic health care industry.

My GF and I, during our daily walk, was talking about the possible changes. In most communities, the school department is the single largest taxpayer expense. If everyone is being home schooled, using distance learning, the internet becomes that much more important and school buildings, less so. All that real estate should be sold and repurposed, or turned into homeless shelters, or razed and turned into vegetable gardens . Of course, if people are working from home, businesses won't need to pay for office space. The commercial real estate market is going to go into the toilet in short order. Kids being home-schooled means that one parent has to stay home to teach the kids, while the other works from home. Working from Home means that people can spread out across the planet and stop piling on top of each other in densely crowded cities. Less work related traffic results in less green house gas emissions and curbs global warming. Less dependence on fossil fuels, less dependence on the Middle East and Americans can finally stop inadvertantly funding jihadists. Covid-19 seems to be a death sentence for the elderly. Watching the evening News, I've only seen one elderly person that was touted to survive and he was 104 year old WWII veteran. Can't be many of the greatest generation left. Even the Baby-Boomer generation, the generation that hoards most of the wealth in this county, is of an age where they are high-risk. All those 401k's and pensions that won't need to be paid out should help some industries. Maybe that wealth being passed down to descendents will help prop up the housing market where newly flush with cash Millenials and Gen Z will buy houses from the surviving Gen-X'ers.

Just thinking out loud, but the potential for change is endless.

It's not really a failure of the for profit capitalistic health care industry. It's simply stating that because the hospitals can not do elective surgeries now that there's not a lot of money coming in.

Also something else I thought of was now there are so many either working from home or just being forced to stay home there are a lot less traffic accidents which intern means the hospitals are not getting these patients or the surgeries. I've noticed here that I rarely hear sirens like I normally do. I have a fire station very close by and normally hear it several times a day as they're responding to accidents,people here drive like idiots! I think I've only heard it once or twice all week. It is much nicer driving around lately without all traffic around here.

I think you're right about many large commercial building will affected by this because now employers are seeing that most can get their jobs done working from home which will lead the to downsize their office space.

The next couple of months are going to get interesting. Will the virus start to curve downwards or will it still keep spreading and we continue these lockdowns throughout the summer? I don't think the economy can't withstand the later and at some point we have to regain some sort of normalcy or it won't matter how many live as there will be any jobs to come back to.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's not really a failure of the for profit capitalistic health care industry. It's simply stating that because the hospitals can not do elective surgeries now that there's not a lot of money coming in.

Also something else I thought of was now there are so many either working from home or just being forced to stay home there are a lot less traffic accidents which intern means the hospitals are not getting these patients or the surgeries. I've noticed here that I rarely hear sirens like I normally do. I have a fire station very close by and normally hear it several times a day as they're responding to accidents,people here drive like idiots! I think I've only heard it once or twice all week. It is much nicer driving around lately without all traffic around here.

I think you're right about many large commercial building will affected by this because now employers are seeing that most can get their jobs done working from home which will lead the to downsize their office space.

The next couple of months are going to get interesting. Will the virus start to curve downwards or will it still keep spreading and we continue these lockdowns throughout the summer? I don't think the economy can't withstand the later and at some point we have to regain some sort of normalcy or it won't matter how many live as there will be any jobs to come back to.
Now that you mention it, I don't hear sirens either and it was two or three times a day. I don't hear any jets flying over from Portland to Boston and New York, the Amtrak Downeaster that runs by my house only has one run a day and no freight trains are running. People are actually staying indoors unless its to go out to get groceries or exercise.

My GF told me a joke today. Men need to stay 10 feet away from other people, because they can't tell the difference between 6 inches and 10 inches, they surely can't tell the difference between 6 feet and 10 feet

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
So this is thing now. Happened to me last week.

I wonder if this type of thing will become more normal? Tow trucks are making people stay in the towed vehicles even though it's illegal.
Sponsored