Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
When a country's healthcare is run as a profit making industry, why would they have anything more than a typical projected need? Just in Time shipping has become the norm in all areas of corporate life. Healthcare is no different than the Automotive industry.

I see much more advertising for the automotive industry now than I ever have. The Federal Government could have done a better job informing the healthcare industry, but they were managing it like a public relations crisis, not a real and dangerous event.

Yes, life will change. Worse case scenario is that 2.2 million will die, either from the virus itself or the over-strained Healthcare that was forced to operate on a shoestring so corporate overlords can pad profits. I can't think of a better argument for socialized medicine than a world-wide Pandemic where capitalism is an abject failure.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
A few things I can see coming from this:

This will lead a lot of companies to reevaluate their relations with Chinese manufacturing, especially the drug companies.

In the long term, this whole fiasco will hurt China's standing with the rest of the world and I think many countries and companies will rethink their ties there.

China's economy will suffer from the fallout and they may become more militarily hostile.

I can see a push to eliminate cash and go all EFT. Many stores in my area already won't accept cash due to Covid19 fears (even though it supposedly doesn't survive on cash). The plus side from government's view is that it's far cheaper when you don't have to mint currency, and at the same time eliminating cash puts a HUGE crunch on illegal activity such as drugs, prostitution, petty theft, etc. while also making it extremely easy to watch where the money goes in the general public.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Illicit drugs trade has joined the digital future already, not en masse - but digital currency made it pretty straightforward even easier for many types of drug transactions.

Countries that don’t manage this well could see high death rates and a strain on resources - if those countries have dwindling resources and a standing army we can (should) expect international conflict.

COVID really has brought to light how dependent we are on China and how awful it is to have so many eggs in that basket. I would like to see something from government that limits the percentage of something that can be manufactured abroad if it may serve the common good or be deemed a necessity in a crisis - pharma, medical equipment, etc etc. I think an idea like that would be bi-partisan but I’m old enough to jaded in my expectations.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Well from what i am getting from the briefings, we will lose the entire month of April. There goes my birthday, Ha Ha. Of course May is really up to speculation also. It's going to be a long haul to get the country back to the new normal after this ends. :question:

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I for one, am a "glass half full" and/or "partly sunny" kinda guy.

These two COVID-19 threads here on the forum have a lot of negative stuff; "The potential for 32 million unemployed.... 2.2 million dead.... big corporations are at fault.... the medical/healthcare industry sucks".... etc, etc, etc.

Not to mention where our leaders and politicians stand. (I'm trying hard to leave politics out) ?

And because of my optimism, some say I'm "insensitive" or "not serious" about the threat of this virus?

I believe we ALL can do multiple things at one time.... like remaining optimistic & calm in the face of true uncertainty & adversity.

I have my own company. Commerce is at a complete standstill. Not because our product(s) are defective or that supply & demand are not there. It's because of the current circumstances and it's the right thing to do.

One can view most things in life in manageable, 90 day chunks. I think this is one of those things.

We're in it approximately 30 days now. (give or take) It's going to "peak" sometime in April and by the end of May we'll be recovered, healing and swiftly moving forward.

Most jobs and businesses that were present before the virus, will be there in 60 days. Yes, some will be gone, but others will also emerge.

This is how I view my business and how I view COVID-19 will play out.

Or.... as mentioned earlier, the doom & gloom scenarios will play out and it will be pure living hell.

Either scenario is possible.

My positive outlook is as accurate at this point as the negative ones. And I might add.... anyone's opinion here on this forum is as valid as any "expert" because these are uncharted & unprecedented times we all are living in.

Nobody knows what will happen.... Nobody.

So quoting the title of this thread.... I look forward to "Life After COVID-19".

May God Bless each and every one of you, your Families & loved ones.
And may God Bless The United States of America.
???

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing I was thinking about last night was how this is going to affect advertising. With so many companies getting decimated right now their adverting budgets I'm sure will get cut big time. This will lead to more layoffs and less tv.radio and internet sponsorship which will then hurt those companies. Hopefully I'm wrong but if anyone here works in that field please chime in as I'm just speculating here.

There's going to be a huge snowball effect in many industries. Companies who can't pay their leases,tenants and homeowners who can't pay their rent,mortgages, utilities,cell phones etc. All this "social distancing" is giving me way to much time to get inside my head which isn't a good thing. lol
My company is being bitten bad because of reduced advertising. We make digital products like websites, apps and voice skills for media companies, and a lot of times in place of cash payments we accept advertising barter. (IE. We get X minutes of air time for advertising on their radio stations).

We use a third party to sell ad-time to fill those minutes and we get the profit. However, ad values have hit rock bottom. 3 minutes of advertising a day on a decently-rated radio station in a middle market would net us $600-$800 or so a month (after barter fees, etc).
Those same 3 minutes may only be worth $150 now. Nobody is buying ad time.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My company is being bitten bad because of reduced advertising. We make digital products like websites, apps and voice skills for media companies, and a lot of times in place of cash payments we accept advertising barter. (IE. We get X minutes of air time for advertising on their radio stations).

We use a third party to sell ad-time to fill those minutes and we get the profit. However, ad values have hit rock bottom. 3 minutes of advertising a day on a decently-rated radio station in a middle market would net us $600-$800 or so a month (after barter fees, etc).
Those same 3 minutes may only be worth $150 now. Nobody is buying ad time.
Sorry to hear about this,I was hoping I was wrong. I know the big corporations like P&G,J&J and Walmart etc will survive but I feared the smaller ones are going to get hurt the most. I'm really trying not to be pessimistic but I can't see this ending well for a lot of people and companies. More states are locking down now and I heard the VA is now until June. The CDC chart is looking worse every day with NY over 60,000 cases now.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Not to hijack the post, but i see this as the pin that pricked the economic bubble we were in globally .. i expect financial systems crashing more, fiat dead, hyperinflation to its fullest, and digital currency as the currency of the future .
I’ve been on the bitcoin wave for a few years now, why stop now

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
A few things I can see coming from this:

This will lead a lot of companies to reevaluate their relations with Chinese manufacturing, especially the drug companies.

In the long term, this whole fiasco will hurt China's standing with the rest of the world and I think many countries and companies will rethink their ties there.

China's economy will suffer from the fallout and they may become more militarily hostile.

I can see a push to eliminate cash and go all EFT. Many stores in my area already won't accept cash due to Covid19 fears (even though it supposedly doesn't survive on cash). The plus side from government's view is that it's far cheaper when you don't have to mint currency, and at the same time eliminating cash puts a HUGE crunch on illegal activity such as drugs, prostitution, petty theft, etc. while also making it extremely easy to watch where the money goes in the general public.
Am I remembering correctly that the Book of Revelation refers to a cashless society?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Life During Wartime

Talking Heads

Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons,
Packed up and ready to go
Heard of some grave sites, out by the highway,
A place where nobody knows
The sound of gunfire, off in the distance,
I'm getting used to it now
Lived in a brownstone, lived in a ghetto,
I've lived all over this town
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco,
This ain't no fooling around
No time for dancing, or lovey dovey,
I ain't got time for that now
Transmit the message, to the receiver,
Hope for an answer some day
I got three passports, a couple of visas,
You don't even know my real name
High on a hillside, the trucks are loading,
Everything's ready to roll
I sleep in the daytime, I work in the nighttime,
I might not ever get home
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco,p
This ain't no fooling around
This ain't no Mudd Club, or C. B. G. B.,
Heard about Houston? Heard about Detroit?
Heard about Pittsburgh, P. A.?
You oughta know not to stand by the window
Somebody see you up there
I got some groceries, some peanut butter,
To last a couple of days
But I ain't got no speakers, ain't got no headphones,
Ain't got no records to play
Why stay in college? Why go to night school?
Gonna be different this time
Can't write a letter, can't send no postcard,
Trouble in transit, got through the roadblock,
We blended in with the crowd
We got computers, we're tapping phone lines,
I know that that ain't allowed
We dress like students, we dress like housewives,
Or in a suit and a tie
I changed my hairstyle, so many times now,
I don't know what I look like!
You make me shiver, I feel so tender,
We make a pretty good team
Don't get exhausted, I'll do some driving,
You ought to get you some sleep
Burned all my notebooks, what good are notebooks?
They won't help me survive
My chest is aching, burns like a furnace,
The burning keeps me alive
Source: LyricFind
Regards

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Am I remembering correctly that the Book of Revelation refers to a cashless society?
Why, yes it does.

When you think about it, we are already almost in a cashless society.

Most transactions are by EFT, CC, or check.

Some people will be extremely reluctant to let go of cash.

Younger individuals that grew up paying for everything with their phone or CC won't even bat an eye at the change.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I find that keeping the news off helps keep me sane through it all. If i watched the news all day i wouldn't be able to leave the house.

And if i have to go to the supermarket ill wear my N95, nitrile gloves and sunglasses and no gets within 10 feet of me, its amazing.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I find that keeping the news off helps keep me sane through it all. If i watched the news all day i wouldn't be able to leave the house.

And if i have to go to the supermarket ill wear my N95, nitrile gloves and sunglasses and no gets within 10 feet of me, its amazing.
I agree the news it to damn depressing, besides they will rarely report anything good just doom and gloom!

I'm getting ready to go out to the grocery store now.

Going To The Store.png

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I agree the news it to damn depressing, besides they will rarely report anything good just doom and gloom!

I'm getting ready to go out to the grocery store now.

Going To The Store.png
hahahaha! This is incredible. This is telling me I need to step up my grocery shopping attire

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
hahahaha! This is incredible. This is telling me I need to step up my grocery shopping attire
Take tips from this guy.

He's prepared!

m0eekg7hnpp41.png
Sponsored