Led Headlight bulbs

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
On my phone camera, I just tap on the center of the beam to adjust the exposure. The difference between the Auxito and JDM Astar may be because it's a much more focused beam, but i don't know. When I'm comparing bulbs to the factory halogens, I focus not so much on brightness but beam pattern, especially the width of the beam.

I am still satisfied with the JDM Astar performance. I have some cheaper bulbs in my Amazon wish list that I may buy and try. As for the regular JDM, I can not confirm nor deny.
Sponsored

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Could be...but in this case, (comparing the images) the other light sources appear to be consistent in brightness:)
Didn't notice that. Bit groggy after night shift.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those of you interested, this came across my Amazon list...

Screenshot_20200303-163011_Amazon.jpg

Screenshot_20200303-163011_Amazon.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy with my JDM set...the high beam is awesome and really throws the lumen out...in conjunction with auto highbeam, this is super sweet...unlike the highbeam, which clocked in perfectly vertical, the low beams were 10/2 o'clock...still good pattern but would be perfect if they were adjustable...overall, very happy now that I have the dust caps back on and I have a piece of mind while off road...

Any one want to buy a perfectly good pair of Diode Dynamics H11s? Used for 10 months...$60 + shipping...

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...ts/h11-slf-led-cool-white-pair-diode-dynamics

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy with my JDM set...the high beam is awesome and really throws the lumen out...in conjunction with auto highbeam, this is super sweet...unlike the highbeam, which clocked in perfectly vertical, the low beams were 10/2 o'clock...still good pattern but would be perfect if they were adjustable...overall, very happy now that I have the dust caps back on and I have a piece of mind while off road...

Any one want to buy a perfectly good pair of Diode Dynamics H11s? Used for 10 months...$60 + shipping...

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...ts/h11-slf-led-cool-white-pair-diode-dynamics
I'm running these fog lights and love them. I'm waiting for them to release their low/high beam LEDs for the Ranger. (They carry our bulb size, but the fitment isn't there yet but should be at some point this year.)

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport

i could be interested. You like the JDMs better?

steve973

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XL STX
I have been considering getting a set of these to replace my fogs. I had been trying to decide between yellow and white. Yellow is good for poor conditions like snow and fog. But white is better for everyday driving and having that extra low to the road lighting. And I found this one which you can switch back and forth depending on what you want. Seems like a win-win. Haven't gotten them yet because I have a hard time making decisions sometimes (lol). But I probably will sometime soon unless someone really turns me around.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...7BSbKbdGrJeNkVvlNOJ-uq--70Xm7TEMaAjAwEALw_wcB
I have these fog lights and they are pretty good. If there is any drawback to them, it is that they can get somewhat out-of-sync with their color. Occasionally, one bulb may be white and the other bulb may be yellow at the same time. You can fix this by rapidly blinking the fog lights on and off several times. After using them for a few months, I almost always use them in their yellow mode. The white mode is fine, although it doesn't seem to illuminate as far forward as the yellow mode does. Someday, I think I will upgrade to the new SS3 Pro yellow fog lights from Diode Dynamics: https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2019-2020-ford-ranger.html and if I had not bought the superbrightleds fog lights, I would get these instead. But that is just my experience, and they are quite a bit more expensive.

Deleted member 1634

I have these fog lights and they are pretty good. If there is any drawback to them, it is that they can get somewhat out-of-sync with their color. Occasionally, one bulb may be white and the other bulb may be yellow at the same time. You can fix this by rapidly blinking the fog lights on and off several times. After using them for a few months, I almost always use them in their yellow mode. The white mode is fine, although it doesn't seem to illuminate as far forward as the yellow mode does. Someday, I think I will upgrade to the new SS3 Pro yellow fog lights from Diode Dynamics: https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2019-2020-ford-ranger.html and if I had not bought the superbrightleds fog lights, I would get these instead. But that is just my experience, and they are quite a bit more expensive.
Yeah, these dual-color bulbs definitely have their quirks. But in the end, for the price and the dual functionality, I'm very happy with them.

My theory is that the whites are plenty bright, and would throw a good distance if they were aligned differently. With the yellow chip being on the upper side of the stalk, and the white chip being on the lower side the colors bounce around the reflector and exit at different angles. Thus the yellow is a bit more horizontal coming out and throws further, while the white comes out at a sharper downward angle hitting the road sooner. Doesn't bother me much because I usually use the whites on a dark wet or reflective road where I need more light right in front of the truck, and they're perfect at that. The yellows are great for snowstorms or fog, either of which happens most of the year around here.

I had considered going solely yellow, but those whites are just so nice sometimes. But I completely understand why you would want to go with the Diode yellows.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
i could be interested. You like the JDMs better?
The DD are brighter and have a better pattern (because their collar is adjustable)...only problem is that the dust cover will not fit...not a problem if you're city driving only but I have wilder plans and need everything sealed up...:like:

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
The DD are brighter and have a better pattern (because their collar is adjustable)...only problem is that the dust cover will not fit...not a problem if you're city driving only but I have wilder plans and need everything sealed up...:like:
Oh yes that’s why the page isn’t showing a set for the ranger yet. in that case I’ll hold off.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Debating if I should buy some replacement bulbs now or just wait and hopefully an aftermarket headlight is released in the near future. I’ve browsed many pages back on here and haven’t seen any news or rumors of anything being in the works.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Debating if I should buy some replacement bulbs now or just wait and hopefully an aftermarket headlight is released in the near future. I’ve browsed many pages back on here and haven’t seen any news or rumors of anything being in the works.
Don't hold your breath on aftermarket headlamps for the XLT. Your only option right now is the Lariat projector assemblies.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Don't hold your breath on aftermarket headlamps for the XLT. Your only option right now is the Lariat projector assemblies.
I’d like those but damn they’re a steep price, even when bought used off of eBay or similar. Still disappointed ford decided to cheap out and not include push button start or modern headlights on a 2019 model year, my 2016 FocuST had amazing headlights and the thing cost 10k less than my ranger lol.