Lariat owners who get their trucks dirty, I have a question...

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you've cleaned up your engine bay after an off-roading trip, does that foam engine drees up piece that only comes on Lariats clean up well? Does it add any protection from water intrusion to any of the top parts of the motor when washing down the engine bay? Thanks!
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If you've cleaned up your engine bay after an off-roading trip, does that foam engine drees up piece that only comes on Lariats clean up well? Does it add any protection from water intrusion to any of the top parts of the motor when washing down the engine bay? Thanks!
I myself cannot speak 100% for sure on this with a phone part but I can give you this information. When you are washing it down just use the basic garden hose with a basic nozzle. If you go with a high pressure washer from the do-it-yourself car wash you will most likely cause electrical problems. Also make sure the vehicle is running when you're doing this. I know it sounds crazy but when the vehicle is running you have less chance of the vehicle not starting because water got where it wasn't supposed to be.

Here is a reference video for you.

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
When I did the initial detail of my truck I ceramic coated the engine cover and then after curing put p&s beadmaker on it. Did all plastic in engine bay this way and sprayed the under hood insulation with just beadmaker. I use a garden hose and simply hose off and foam gun the engine bay. Use a soft brush and rinse. The engine cover is more for sound than anything. Might be overkill with the ceramic coating but was doing truck anyway. A bottle of ceramic coating goes along way. Even did my kids powerwheels.
Sponsored