Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020
Occupation
Gainfully umployed 5 Pointed Star
Groo here
Are you staying with the truck? If so you "CAN" have what ever you have room for..
Will you "Self" rescue? The things will be much fewer and lighter as "YOU" will be packing it...
Just remember the "Law of Threes"
Three Weeks with out food,, three Days with out water, three Hours with out shelter.....
Best if it all will fit in your pockets and a shoulder bag.......
Sponsored

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
My get home Bag is my wife.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Something a little different than the OP was asking about but something I notice in America and I see a hint of it in this thread too. It is the Pill Effect. We all want to take a pill to make us magically better, healthier, leaner, etc.

The same is true in Golf - If I just get a driver made out of titanium and with an adjustable counter weight then I'll swing like Tiger Woods. Pills and golf clubs don't work that way and I think we all know you need a hot tub and a Swedish nanny to swing like Tiger.

The point is this...
Everything listed in this thread is an object you can buy and we buy a lot of them here in America. But we seem to buy with the belief that this thing in my bag or on my truck works like a magical talisman of bad-assery to ward off evil spirits. It's as though you can purchase your way through a crisis by having the right gear.

And there is some truth to that. A $20 tow strap will get you out of a ditch a lot easier than a $20 bill.

But lets take a second and look at the things we carry in that unlimited storage box between our ears. What SKILLS have you learned to accompany your bug out bag or rescue bag? What do you know that you could pass on to a son or daughter so that when they need a bag, they can actually use it rather than it being a dead weight sack of weird tools they have never seen?

Lets list those out too along with the stuff (material stuff) we have listed too.
What is in your mental bug out brain?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I’m also an Eagle Scout. That said the motto of being prepared has been ingrained my entire life. I keep items like this in a “bug out bag” in my truck. Not in any specific order mind you.
Enhanced first aid kit with tourniquet, a 6” Buck knife, flint and a lighter, solar blanket, some rope, LED flashlight, water purification tablets, ibuprofen, sun screen, leather gloves, plastic poncho, thermal blanket, and compass.
This is basically what I carry in my vehicles. Packed into a 10/22 takedown bag. Might have to eat also.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
What SKILLS have you learned to accompany your bug out bag or rescue bag? What do you know that you could pass on to a son or daughter so that when they need a bag, they can actually use it rather than it being a dead weight sack of weird tools they have never seen?
1 year army medic, 1 year peace keeper, 40 years farming & forestry, 50 year living in Arctic.

I manage :)

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
But lets take a second and look at the things we carry in that unlimited storage box between our ears. What SKILLS have you learned to accompany your bug out bag or rescue bag?
Stop the Bleed
Emergency Medical (Instructor)
15 yrs law enforcement experience
practical experience

Hank the Tank

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation