Any 2wd owners put in an aftermarket locket yet?

Wannabe_spek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
RCAF AVN Technician
I'm about ready to pull the diff cover, check the spline count, take some basic measurements and check the ring gear.

I've read the ring gear is welded to the carrier and want to verify.

If so, I'll probably order a set of 4.1:1 gears with the lsd if the spline count is really 32.

With the tire size, the lower ratio is not unreasonable and with an lsd, should really liven up the initial acceleration experiance. Yea, a hit in highway fuel economy but with the 10 speed transmission, probably little impact around town if the go pedal is used judicially. (Big IF!!!)
Did you pull the cover? Is it 32 like arb states in my last comment? Hope this works i want that lsd
Sponsored

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
I'm about ready to pull the diff cover, check the spline count, take some basic measurements and check the ring gear.

I've read the ring gear is welded to the carrier and want to verify.

If so, I'll probably order a set of 4.1:1 gears with the lsd if the spline count is really 32.

With the tire size, the lower ratio is not unreasonable and with an lsd, should really liven up the initial acceleration experiance. Yea, a hit in highway fuel economy but with the 10 speed transmission, probably little impact around town if the go pedal is used judicially. (Big IF!!!)
did you ever remove the diff cover to see how the ring was welded to carrier? I'm curious as of it is something that can easily be cut .

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
I have not, roo much life, not enough time..

Still on the list of things to get done,
Sponsored