Lariat Headlight Flicker

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Now that I know they are not OEM Led, It should be an easy fix with Forscan as it just needs to have the correct setting,

Since you are new here, you need to get Forscan and download your as built files from ford.
and check these specific as built files, I am pretty sure that the headlights were swapped and no Forscan changes were implemented or not correctly set as this would explain the reason for the DRL flicker. The DRL source needs to be set correctly as the truck thinks that the DRL is stil Low Beam headlight bulbs and not the LED strip
Here are my swap notes that are posted in the Forsscan Wiki

FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki | Page 41 | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com
Sponsored

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Prius - Purchasing a 2022 Ranger
Does forscan lite for iOS do what I need it to do?

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
You need to be able to get into the Configuration and Programming to see the AS-Built Files and I don't think the lite version can do it.

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is it a PC application instead of a mobile app?

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Yes, the Windows version and use the preferred adapter. I have 2 that I use, OBD-Link EX and the MX versions, the EX-version is pushed as preferred due to hard wired connection and less chance of issues of losing communication, but I have not had any issues with the MX version either. The MX version makes it easier as you are not tethered to the truck and can perform functions from the workbench in the garage, as I found it difficult to have the laptop in the driver's seat and steering wheel in the way, plus I wanted the functionality of being able to run forscan while driving and laptop in passenger seat to monitor my charging system testing and get real time results.
I did a quick search and could not find exact screenshots but here are examples of what you need to be able to view.

Example Shot only, the BCM is in Module 726, and you need that little blue microchip icon on the left side of the pic

ModuleConfigurationABD.jpg

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
There are numerous threads on how to use it, just take it slow and either back-up the file before you change anything or document exactly what you are changing, so you can set it back to previous setting if needed.

You may want to find the manufacturer install notes as the cheaper after-markets sometimes have you add an extra tie in to a fuse for power, but the Factory LED headlights are just plug and play install wise and then configure via programming.

To download your As-Built file go here and input your VIN #
Index - FordServiceInfo.Com (motorcraftservice.com), these are the programming files that came with the truck at the factory build.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
It’ll be fun trying to replace if I need to. I have a lariat that apparently came with halogen. The LEDs that appear to match mine say they are only for XL/XLT. Maybe that’s because the internals of a “normal” lariat wouldn’t work and hopefully my “abnormal” lariat will work with them.
Are you sure you have a Lariat Tremor? Unless I missed it this the first you've called it a Lariat. The Tremor came in both XLT and Lariat flavors. Also hate to inform you but those aftermarket projector headlights may be using halogen bulbs unless the previous owner changed them to LED drop-ins. If they are the ones we think they use standard H1 and H11 bulbs.

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure you have a Lariat Tremor? Unless I missed it this the first you've called it a Lariat. The Tremor came in both XLT and Lariat flavors. Also hate to inform you but those aftermarket projector headlights may be using halogen bulbs unless the previous owner changed them to LED drop-ins. If they are the ones we think they use standard H1 and H11 bulbs.
It is a lariat, but it was made with halogens.
Not sure if this helps but here’s the original sheet from the original purchaser.
image.jpg

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
It’ll be fun trying to replace if I need to. I have a lariat that apparently came with halogen. The LEDs that appear to match mine say they are only for XL/XLT. Maybe that’s because the internals of a “normal” lariat wouldn’t work and hopefully my “abnormal” lariat will work with them.
That is really interesting. I thought all lariats came with LED. But who knows how they package them these days, maybe there was some shortage and they made a few of these? I would inquire my dealer about that and see if you could get LED housing if it's supposed to be standard on lariat.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
It is a lariat, but it was made with halogens.
Not sure if this helps but here’s the original sheet from the original purchaser.
image.jpg
This is identical to my lariat pretty much. I wish I had the actual sheet to compare though.

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is really interesting. I thought all lariats came with LED. But who knows how they package them these days, maybe there was some shortage and they made a few of these? I would inquire my dealer about that and see if you could get LED housing if it's supposed to be standard on lariat.
All they offered to do was replace with an oem halogen since that’s what it shipped with.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
All they offered to do was replace with an oem halogen since that’s what it shipped with.
Could you inquire at another dealer? Or ask corporate what they think of your situation? Because here on the ford website...
1675911572346.png

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
1675911680960.png

here is another example of lariat, there is no build you can do with halogen. this is standard when you build a lariat ranger.
Sponsored