Lariat LED headlight question

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
Regarding the LED headlights, can someone tell me how the high beam portion works?
Are there two LED elements, one for low and another for high?
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Regarding the LED headlights, can someone tell me how the high beam portion works?
Are there two LED elements, one for low and another for high?
If the same lens is used for both there's a internal shutter that comes down to cause the cutoff for low beam. Only one element.

In another thread I asked for someone to test what lights light in switch setting, parking, headlight, (high and low) and what comes on for DRL. I have an XLT, but there seems to be some confusion with Lariat owners and those that have swapped in the Lariat lights.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Same lens for high and low,so I believe they use a shutter.
Gonna have to double check since I know I can actually here the shutter in my Hellcat,but they are HID’s,not LED’s

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I just swapped Lariat lights into my XLT today. There is a shutter that moves between low and high beam. You can see the light pattern change and hear the shutter when toggled.

By default the XLT uses the low beam for DRL use. You’ll need to use Forscan to change couple of settings for the truck to use the dedicated LED DRL strip instead. The lights are 100% plug-and-play otherwise.
Sponsored