aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I'd give it a day or two and try again. ThIs down time may be (I hope) to address an issue I found with some downloads.
Same issue today on Monday! I will try midnight as the traffic might be down a little??
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I just re-indexed. It is now searching properly. Yes, the voice commands are working too. One thing about the voice commands though, If my iPhone is plugged in, when I push the Voice button on the steering wheel, Siri comes up, rather than the Sync voice menu.

EDIT: I should add, when Siri comes up, it searches my phone for music, rather than the USB.
You're holding the button down to trigger Siri and/or you're in CarPlay. To control USB music, you need to use the built in voice. So, quick press and release and/or exit CarPlay.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, no idea how long it'll end up being down at this point.
As an aside, appreciate all you've been doing to help everyone out here. Way above and beyond. :like:

How's the mood at HQ? Are these issues putting a bee in everyone's bonnet? Or is it just limited to Rangers at this point?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an aside, appreciate all you've been doing to help everyone out here. Way above and beyond. :like:

How's the mood at HQ? Are these issues putting a bee in everyone's bonnet? Or is it just limited to Rangers at this point?
Hah. No worries, happy to help. The climate one is very unique to a subset of Rangers. Feeling special? The other stuff, at this point, seems to be a combination of the MY20 updates getting fixed, along with some maintenance activity. So, hopefully those will switch back on in the next few days once it's all cleared up.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Hah. No worries, happy to help. The climate one is very unique to a subset of Rangers. Feeling special? The other stuff, at this point, seems to be a combination of the MY20 updates getting fixed, along with some maintenance activity. So, hopefully those will switch back on in the next few days once it's all cleared up.
Hey, an idea where the as built line is for the turn signal count? Or know anyone that may be able to figure it out? I've looked and asked in many forums and groups related to Forscan without success.

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
I tried to follow the thread but may have missed what the common issue was for the climate control glitch. Would you mind giving the details for the subset that would be affected? Sorry if I missed it earlier. I have been holding off on the update until that bug was fixed but will go ahead if it is not likely to not apply to my vehicle.

Timothy Farley

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat 4wd
SYNC3 v3.4.43 should be landing soon. Mine shows its available for my 2019. Download link does not work yet.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
SYNC3 v3.4.43 should be landing soon. Mine shows its available for my 2019. Download link does not work yet.
Just finished a "Chat" with Sally at Ford. She said the website is undergoing maintenance and to try again in 48 hours. Yes, it is a script. But I tried........

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
3.4.43 is what mine updated to last week.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get it wifi or usb?
The last half-dozen or more pages are talking about this. It dropped last week for USB updates, but there have been issues which current speculation is that the downloads are currently down while they sort them out, but that's unclear yet.

Timothy Farley

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat 4wd
The last half-dozen or more pages are talking about this. It dropped last week for USB updates, but there have been issues which current speculation is that the downloads are currently down while they sort them out, but that's unclear yet.
I went back a few pages and didnt see anything. My bad. What issues are people having?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I went back a few pages and didnt see anything. My bad. What issues are people having?
Primarily the fact that the climate controls UI are gone now after updating. (This seems hit/miss, but it appears that more here are having the issue than not.)

Secondarily:
SYNC takes longer to startup.
The backup camera resolution has dropped.
The mic volume with iOS devices is severely decreased.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried to follow the thread but may have missed what the common issue was for the climate control glitch. Would you mind giving the details for the subset that would be affected?
Some subset has a bit set in the as built for Climate Off. There was a bug in v3.3 that it ignored this. Now that v3.4 is reading it correctly, the screen is being removed though voice commands remain (controlled via a different bit for Auto climate type). The only way to know if you'll be impacted is to check your as built data for the specific byte. If it's 0x80 you'll lose the Climate UI, if it's 0x00 you'll keep it.
Sponsored