First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
It doesn't need to be on the charger, but it needs to have some electrical input, driving or charger, as the update is a 30+ minute process.
If you are doing a non-NAV upgrade the process is much shorter. Mine was less than 8 minutes.
Sponsored

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Already have 3.4 20021 from Cyan weeks ago... but the maps are NA 1.19 yet. Anyone know when and it it will have the 1st quarter maps for 2020?

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, currently the Automated Method does not successfully create a 3.4.20021 USB drive, so the Manual Method must be used to create the USB drive for the Sync 3.4.20021 version update.
My USB was not blank, worked fine with the automated tool.

What I read in other forums and got an answer from in Discord was that the USB issues was related to mp3 playback problems.

Texas Scout

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, White Platinum

What I read in other forums and got an answer from in Discord was that the USB issues was related to mp3 playback problems.
I am a long time macOS person, all computers in the house are macOS, but I use VMware Fusion running a Windows 7 Pro virtual machine when I "need" Windows to run an application like the FordSyncDownload tool.

Highly possible my virtual Windows 7 environment impacted my USB results in running the tool where it did not write to the USB drive.

Hopefully folks read through all of this post activity before they decide to do a Sync upgrade.

Now that we have new info based on an official release, I expect most folks will just wait for the announced Build 20136 in July.

Cyanlab upgrade activity will resume in August if the July 3.4 upgrade release is rescheduled once again.
Waiting for 2019 Ranger Sync 34.png

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Now that we have new info based on an official release, I expect most folks will just wait for the announced Build 20136 in July.
It's always the best idea to wait for the Ford updaters in case there's some other background activity that should be done in an update, etc. Also, then dealers will have access to it in case something comes up.

Kyre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Lariat

I just tried and mine is not blank either. However, I noticed that they released a version at around 1pm today. It still says USB issues but it seems to write to USB now.

Mandelbloom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Got my climate controls back! Only issue I have now is I am missing some not all station logos in XM. For example Highway is just words, anyone else have that?

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I am a long time macOS person, all computers in the house are macOS, but I use VMware Fusion running a Windows 7 Pro virtual machine when I "need" Windows to run an application like the FordSyncDownload tool.

Highly possible my virtual Windows 7 environment impacted my USB results in running the tool where it did not write to the USB drive.

Hopefully folks read through all of this post activity before they decide to do a Sync upgrade.

Cyanlab upgrade activity will resume in August if the July 3.4 upgrade release is rescheduled once again.
Hey! You store my meme :giggle:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
interesting there are 21 themes listed in 3.4. There are 13 Ford and 8 Lincoln, Looks like all the Fords are the same and not sure about the Lincolns. Some of them mess up the screen aspect ratio as they are for the 10" screen. I kind of like the audio screen layout on the Lincoln themes better then the Ford ones. It's less blocky and a smoother look.

Now to figure out how to make them stick. Doesn't look like the "visual Design Variants" setting in Forscan does much of anything anymore. Maybe more testing, just need to keep my backups handy.

On a side note, it seems I get a "Testing Settings button on my main settings screen. Funny thing is it seems to come and go when I change themes. When it's there it is kind of nice not to have to hold the track skip buttons and listen to the speaker test until I can cancel it.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How do we choose the themes ??
Go to the settings menu and swipe left to go all the way to the right of the menu. In my case that is where the "testing settings" button showed up. If it is not there then press and hold the skip forward buttons on both the dash and steering wheel at the same time. After a few seconds it will start the speaker test. Cancel this and you will get a list of items. One will be testing settings, select that. At the top will be a drop-down with the theme selections. Stay away from the ones with a "10" in them. They are for a 10" screen and don't work on ours. If you get into one that messes up your screen just cycle the ignition switch and it will boot up to you original settings. The theme are only until the next ignition cycle. I need to find the Forscan setting, if there is one yet to make the themes stick between ignition cycles.

Side note:
If you go to the Display settings in the settings menu you can select from a few different backgrounds for both the day and night screens and select Day, Night or AUTO for your display. These do stick between ignition cycles

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase

I am a Mac user as well, so I get to sit back and watch.

Ranger 4 Play

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Go to the settings menu and swipe left to go all the way to the right of the menu. In my case that is where the "testing settings" button showed up. If it is not there then press and hold the skip forward buttons on both the dash and steering wheel at the same time. After a few seconds it will start the speaker test. Cancel this and you will get a list of items. One will be testing settings, select that. At the top will be a drop-down with the theme selections. Stay away from the ones with a "10" in them. They are for a 10" screen and don't work on ours. If you get into one that messes up your screen just cycle the ignition switch and it will boot up to you original settings. The theme are only until the next ignition cycle. I need to find the Forscan setting, if there is one yet to make the themes stick between ignition cycles.

Side note:
If you go to the Display settings in the settings menu you can select from a few different backgrounds for both the day and night screens and select Day, Night or AUTO for your display. These do stick between ignition cycles
I noticed this in FORSCAN as well. 2019 ranger no nav. It seems like if i wanted to change the theme and have it stick, I had to change the splash screen to a "compatible" one. Ex. I can have a lincoln splash screen with some of the lincoln themes and it works. But i cannot have raptor or ford splash screen with a lincoln theme.
I settled on Ford GT splash and theme because it was better and I watched Ford vs Ferrari the night before I used Forscan the first time lol

Mandelbloom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
What combo made the Lincoln theme stick can’t seem to nail
It ?
Sponsored