First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
100% agree. @Stage3Motorsports proved it in their review video before they started their overland build. I think the current popularity of overlanding and the resulting aftermarket boom as fueled the idea that everything needs to modified in order to be any good. @RoadBoss has proven that these trucks are extremely capable off the lot even in their most stripped down stock form. He gets into places WAY more remote and challenging than I'll ever attempt.
I agree, we usually have along more than we absolutely need. :)

This guy always makes me laugh, good reality check. ;)

Sponsored

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Reasons why I didn't purchase the tremor or fx4.

I don't do too much offloading so I knew the tremor was out of the question. Didn't care for leather seats.

They didn't have the fx4 in stock so I went with a sport mode. Regardless of I had gotten the fx4 I still would have purchased fox shocks and struts($1100)

What I did to my sport 4x4.

-Leveled it with fox 2.0 struts and shocks(1100)
-Replaced tires with wrangler duratracs and Went up tire size(1100)
-Installed terrain management switch(100)
-had rear diff locker from package

The only thing the fx4 has that mine doesn't is the skid plates. Love my sport.
my logic was always: why pay for an upgraded suspension from the factory if you're just gonna tear it off? LOL

I did similar mods to my 4x4 sport as well.

BBTremor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Consultant
I tried search, but like always, I am hopelessly bad at using the tool, so...

I have been told the Tremor package includes Fox shocks and different leaf springs.

I have also been told the Tremor package only is the Fox shocks (over the FX4).

Just talking about the suspension, not wheel, tires and other cosmetic stuff.

Anyone know for sure?
Having driven both I can tell you the FX4 and the stock Ranger has a very floating almost motion sickness like ride. The tremor has a much better fox suspension and a much better ride on an off-road. It also is higher has cool grippy interior and different wheels and tires, step bars, auxiliary switches, Locking differential with trail modes though so I think the FX 4 might have the last two. It also retains the max 7500 pound towing capacity

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Will do! Thanks!
Update: I talked via email with the folks at Levittown Ford Parts, not Benny but Dave S., who checked my VIN and told me that I could not order the Tremor leaf kit unless I had a Tremor VIN. Obviously, if I had bought a Tremor in the first place, I would not be having this problem... Anyway, I will check with some other Ford dealers and suppliers, and if I get the same answer from all of them, I will start looking at the Icon leaf kit for Rangers more closely. Members, please weigh in with your experiences and/or advice!

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
No, my local dealer has a new 2022 Cyber Orange SuperCrew 4x4 with black appearance package, tow and tech package on the lot, been there over a month now. Last I spoke to them MSPR is the price on it. Visually it is my truck's twin, so please, someone not on the east coast of NC buy it and take it away from here.
That sure is a pretty Ranger. Unfortunately it’s 480 miles from where I live and I have a Ranger already. It would prove difficult to convince my wife I needed another Ranger…

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Update: I talked via email with the folks at Levittown Ford Parts, not Benny but Dave S., who checked my VIN and told me that I could not order the Tremor leaf kit unless I had a Tremor VIN....
That doesn't make any sense.

P/N's are in this thread: LINK

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Update: I talked via email with the folks at Levittown Ford Parts, not Benny but Dave S., who checked my VIN and told me that I could not order the Tremor leaf kit unless I had a Tremor VIN. Obviously, if I had bought a Tremor in the first place, I would not be having this problem... Anyway, I will check with some other Ford dealers and suppliers, and if I get the same answer from all of them, I will start looking at the Icon leaf kit for Rangers more closely. Members, please weigh in with your experiences and/or advice!
I think I would be inclined to post a request here for someone to PM me their Tremor VIN...

I mean, it isn't like you are going to have to sign anything that says, "under penalty of perjury... " :)

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I went back to try and snag the Tremor my dealer had coming in May, but it was already sold, so I just updated my order to reflect the Tremor package (and no auto start-stop delete :() and now it is just a waiting game.

Does anyone know what the priority code means?

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Does anyone know what the priority code means?
Just Google it, lots of info.

"Basically, Ford uses a number system to organize their orders. Dealer stock orders are code 80 and technically have the lowest priority. An order for a customer is most likely placed with a priority code of 10-19 with the lower number getting higher priority over the higher ones."

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Just Google it, lots of info.

"Basically, Ford uses a number system to organize their orders. Dealer stock orders are code 80 and technically have the lowest priority. An order for a customer is most likely placed with a priority code of 10-19 with the lower number getting higher priority over the higher ones."
Thanks.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
Afaik you don't have to "own" a Tremor. Just pull a Tremor vin from autotrader and give them that.

YRMV

EDIT: Also try to order online, so there isn't a live approver.

Last edited:
OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
One last post on this thread.

I found a new White SLT w/FX4 package and the light colored interior (exactly what I was after originally color combo wise) at a dealer about 200 miles from me. I went over yesterday and checked it out and ended up striking a deal for it. So I cancelled the Tremor I had on order.

Driving it home it was on some pretty twisty and occasionally fairly rough pavement and on the steeper downhill parts I did notice the rear end hopping around a little when the pavement was bumpy, so I already have it in my head that the Fox 2.0 shocks on the rear will need to be bought.

I will post some pictures of it in the appropriate place here after I get time to clean it up and get a few of the odd bits I already have on the way for it installed (because I am sure everyone will be wondering what a white Ranger SLT looks like :)).

Thanks again for all the help so many have offered me on this thread. I really appreciate it.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
One last post on this thread.

I found a new White SLT w/FX4 package and the light colored interior (exactly what I was after originally color combo wise) at a dealer about 200 miles from me. I went over yesterday and checked it out and ended up striking a deal for it. So I cancelled the Tremor I had on order.

Driving it home it was on some pretty twisty and occasionally fairly rough pavement and on the steeper downhill parts I did notice the rear end hopping around a little when the pavement was bumpy, so I already have it in my head that the Fox 2.0 shocks on the rear will need to be bought.

I will post some pictures of it in the appropriate place here after I get time to clean it up and get a few of the odd bits I already have on the way for it installed (because I am sure everyone will be wondering what a white Ranger SLT looks like :)).

Thanks again for all the help so many have offered me on this thread. I really appreciate it.
Congrats!

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not saying the Tremor is not a more capable truck but I think there is some justifications there with the owners and extra costs. I get on Forest Service Roads all the time in Colorado and my FX4 is plenty capable, especially with the Trail Control system to assist. Your going to have to find some serious trails up in the mountains (I'm not interested in those) to out do my FX4.....just sayin....
Sponsored