Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I hate the chrome package
I wasn't crazy about it but it was on the only extended cab they had left when I bought mine....now it's grown on me....every ranger I see has black or body color everything so it makes it stand out from the crowd a little.
Sponsored

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is that tinting or a new 3rd brake light lens that's blacked out?

Reactions: Doc

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Do you have a part number for the overhead console? I tried to find one in the parts layouts, but couldn't seem the locate it!

JohnDLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL Supercrew FX4
How difficult was the overhead console, and how much did the parts cost? I wish I had a sunglass holder.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
How difficult was the overhead console, and how much did the parts cost? I wish I had a sunglass holder.
The sunglasses holder is handy. I have one in my XLT - only one drawback - it has a built-in damper - I'm working on a way to de-activate it.

Last edited:
First Name
Jaireh James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger T6 (PhDm)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Nice truck! Im curious about the blacked out ford logo. Did you tint it or replace it entirely?

I have been doing almost the same thing for my Philippine spec ranger. Got the entry level variant and just slowly mod it aesthically.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Any updated pics? I saw your tailgate is different now, is the black just on that?

801Ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4-Race Red
Added tint, running boards, tonneau, stubby antenna, blacked out ford badge. third brake light and rear letters.

20200518_184734.jpg

20200430_153754.jpg

20200518_184740.jpg

20200430_171644.jpg

20200430_171650.jpg
Awesome build, love what you've done. Did you get the black rear emblem on eBay?

OP
OP
theanswer3

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a part number for the overhead console? I tried to find one in the parts layouts, but couldn't seem the locate it!
Sorry I have not responded, I will find the part number for you, I got mine from the junkyard, then had to buy a bracket to change it out, and the swap was not too bad prob 120 total after the holder and the bracket.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Nice build!
Does the spoiler on the back of the cab help to keep dust and leaves in the bed from flying into the rear window when open?

Keep in mind its your build, your truck, your taste. Only 1 opinion matters!

As to upgrading to "Lariat" I am on a similar path with my XLT.(see my sig) All I can say is the cost of what I have added is MUCH less than the up-charge I would have paid for a Lariat. And I get to pick and choose for the most part what I add. Some features are just not feasible.
And besides, for me, its the thrill of the chase! Figuring out how to do it is half the fun.
I finally have both Lariat mirrors and once I get the second one painted Oxford White I will be finishing my XLT to Lariat mirror swap thread.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Nice build!
Does the spoiler on the back of the cab help to keep dust and leaves in the bed from flying into the rear window when open?

Keep in mind its your build, your truck, your taste. Only 1 opinion matters!

As to upgrading to "Lariat" I am on a similar path with my XLT.(see my sig) All I can say is the cost of what I have added is MUCH less than the up-charge I would have paid for a Lariat. And I get to pick and choose for the most part what I add. Some features are just not feasible.
And besides, for me, its the thrill of the chase! Figuring out how to do it is half the fun.
I finally have both Lariat mirrors and once I get the second one painted Oxford White I will be finishing my XLT to Lariat mirror swap thread.
I must have lucked out, when I was looking I spent less that $2k more for a Lariat over an XLT. Are you telling me you've managed to upgrade to everything the Lariat has for less than that?
Sponsored