First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Still waiting for someone I trust to test the rear view camera access during highway speeds, slapping it into R at 65+ MPH. They say the computer doesn’t allow it to go into reverse but the camera comes on :p hahaha don’t try it but I thought it was interesting.
It does work and an old member here Tom @SubVet tried it. o_O I don't have the stones to do it even though I know it works. lol
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
It does work and an old member here Tom @SubVet tried it. o_O I don't have the stones to do it even though I know it works. lol
Scary lol. I don’t have the stones either even if it’s confirmed, confirmed. Pretty neat though.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried 91-93 gas? There are many mixed opinions but I can tell you this: My ranger runs better overall with the 91+ gas. I can’t put my finger on it, just overall more smooth. I honestly believe the engineers kinda tuned it for the 91+ gas.
This is 100% my opinion I don’t have stats or hard proof.
I always use 93 from Chevron, Mobil or Marathon (BP), and it does run smoother, but still likes to go down to 1100 rpm in D mode.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Scary lol. I don’t have the stones either even if it’s confirmed, confirmed. Pretty neat though.

I forgot I had saved this video showing someone doing it. Pucker moment starts at the 1:40 mark. o_O

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Yes. Unfortunately its normal. Sport mode is awesome! But keeps gears to high. Trailer mode is good too. I have been trying it out more.
But regular drive mode is awful!! Lots of lugging. Miss daisy might like it!
This is what i do, i lock out gears.
Interstate all 10.
Regular 55mph or 65mph highway, or norm 45 and above city driving, i only use 8 gears.
35 to 40, i use only 6 or 7 gears.
In neighborhoods or driving less than 30, i only use 5 gears.

Its crazy, i think my buttons are going to wear out. Need to try out tow haul mode more often, and see how it works.
I must say that I've found myself pushing that gear +/- button A LOT!!!!
Pretty well at the same speeds you mentioned.
These truck don't need a 10 speed tranny in them!
I find myself in 8th most of the time to prevent the "lugging". Above 65 maybe 9 or 10th.
As much as I use the +/- buttons, I'd just soon have a manual transmission!~

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Mines a lowly XL/STX. I'll have to see if I can even block out the the higher gears. :)
Mine is also an STX Just tap the minus button on the shifter while in Drive. The gear indicator appears in the info display beteween the gauges. 1st tap: opens gear pos. display, 2nd tap(s)up or down locks out (-) or adds back in more gears (+). Shutting the truck off defaults back to standard operation.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot I had saved this video showing someone doing it. Pucker moment starts at the 1:40 mark. o_O

I was waiting for it to grenade through the floor and shotgun him all over the inside roof ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was waiting for it to grenade through the floor and shotgun him all over the inside roof ?
The first time I saw it even I was clinching my seat waiting for parts to start flying off. Pretty cool you can do this but I'm still not trying it.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
You (@AzScorpion ) would become "That Guy!!!" immediate shun, shun, shun the unbeliever...oh wait, that's the Magical Mystical isn't it?

* daon't watch..... heheheheheh

Last edited:

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m trying to figure out if I have an issue with my transmission or if it’s just a characteristic of our rangers.

when I’m cruising around town at speeds of say 25-40mph the truck seems to be lugging a little bit. It keeps the RPMs very low and I get a vibration/lugging sensation. It feels the same as driving a Manuel transmission in too high of a gear. It almost feels like the truck is bogging down until I give it more gas. No stuttering or jerking but just a low vibrating feeling and I can feel it in the wheel. It’s like holding an electric toothbrush but not as strong. At times it feels like the road surface changed but it didn’t.

sport mode is great but I find it hold the rpms too high. No vibration in sport mode.

I have no vibration on take off and no vibration when reving the engine in park. I only have it when the truck is lugging along in 7th gear and 1100rpms at 35mph. 2021 Tremor 520 miles on it
This is my first Ford vehicle, I owned Toyota and Jeep/Chrysler, Im aware how Fords are very torqueee cause that's how it was design and tuned. I have problem driving my Ranger in town cause the torque kicks in sooner and all the horses wants to take off right away. When I pulled in to a red light or stop light the folks next to me think I'm racing them, just a slight tap in the gas and the my Ranger goes into racing mode. I have a FJ Cruiser and you have to rev the transmission at higher rpm before you can feel some bit power. I think that this is normal for the Ranger, our rigs are high performance design and tuned, when I'm cruising 80 - 90 miles on the freeway I'm at about 2200 to 2300 RPM and on my FJ Cruiser at that speed its close to 3000 rpm sometimes 3200 and you can hear the transmission screaming. I think my Ranger FX4 came out of the factory tuned for racing. With that being said, like dondonbabyraptor said, our rigs is made to work till 150K miles, I'm hoping not to get a speeding ticket at all.
Sponsored