Is there any disadvantage to a SuperCab?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Other than space (cabin and bed), is there any disadvantage for the SuperCab? Aren't they all rated the same for everything other than trim level and the cab size? I will be towing eventually.

Before I make a 30K+ mistake, any help is appreciated. I don't need 4door. 2021 xlt
First and foremost, welcome to the forums...
As you can see, there are arguments for both...Scab owners, like me, love our decisions, and Screw owners love theirs. It all comes down to personal needs and future use of your Ranger.
They are basically the same, length wise their identical, the xtra rear doors taking away from the bed, thus a 5 foot bed. Aside from the Tremor I think all the options and packages are available on either. It just comes down to your needs and what is important to you.
Lots of info here to sort thru but which ever you go with I think you'll be satisified.

Oh, one other item...the "damper" will fit either.....:clap:
Sponsored

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I will echo everything already posted. Plus, a 1 cubic yard bucket is just short of 6' long so if you ever get a load mulch or dirt in a shorter bed it gets messy. I'm of the group who would prefer a regular cab with a 7' bed. I have never regretted going with the SuperCab but I have regretted adding a damper

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
One bonus with the SCAB is the doors are 5” longer than the Super Crew. Just that much more entry area up front. I’ve had mine over a year now and still lovin every bit of it! If you get the sport model the shocks seem to be better than the FX4. If I did order mine again I would have got the locker rear end axel though. Still 4X drive works awesome

jalapeno_cat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Geo
The front doors on the SCAB are 5” longer. If you’re tall it really makes mount and dismount easier. I’ve owned both and really like the bigger doors/openings. Down side of the SCAB door configuration for me is that it makes loading groceries awkward when in a parking lot with other vehicles due to the rear suicide doors. I also like the extra rear cab space in the SCREW when traveling although that can be easily fixed with dry bed storage solutions. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Just my $.02.
I agree about the groceries, it can get super awkward with another vehicle parked next to you. Too bad the doors don't open to full ~160-180 degrees instead of 90.

WV Baptist

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Occupation
Contractor
I too am new here. I bought an BB Bronco in July 2021 and gave my son my
2012 Tundra with 281K on the odometer. Anyways I really missed my truck and even though I have a small trailer to tote stuff around with Bronco. I've decided to get another truck as well. So I can still haul stuff in a truck bed.

I ordered the SCab cause it's just me and my wife now. I had to have a 6' bed (my Tundra was 6.5' I think)

I ordered a 2022 XLT 4x4 Scab in VB with 301A Pack, Tow and Tech package, Sport appearance and E Lock Rear Diff.

It looked like Scab was about 1K cheaper than Screw as well.
But I just like the usefulness of the longer bed.

Ordered 1/10/2022

No idea how long its going to take to get, especially with Bronco in super high demand being built on the same production line.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I too am new here. I bought an BB Bronco in July 2021 and gave my son my
2012 Tundra with 281K on the odometer. Anyways I really missed my truck and even though I have a small trailer to tote stuff around with Bronco. I've decided to get another truck as well. So I can still haul stuff in a truck bed.

I ordered the SCab cause it's just me and my wife now. I had to have a 6' bed (my Tundra was 6.5' I think)

I ordered a 2022 XLT 4x4 Scab in VB with 301A Pack, Tow and Tech package, Sport appearance and E Lock Rear Diff.

It looked like Scab was about 1K cheaper than Screw as well.
But I just like the usefulness of the longer bed.

Ordered 1/10/2022

No idea how long its going to take to get, especially with Bronco in super high demand being built on the same production line.
Very nice package. Pretty much the same as what I have minus the locker. You’re going to love it

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I feel that the appearance of the SCab is an advantage. I think that this style has nice proportions and looks sporty especially when viewed from the side. Also, the 6" bed has been an asset when hauling. Very pleased and no regrets about getting the SCab! :like: ...

CB & Wax 4 (07-16-21) Edited Best.jpg

Last edited:

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Depends if you need a back seat or not. I had two Sport Tracs before, essentially the same size as a SuperCrew Ranger, but now my kids are grown and gone and I have no need for a back seat and would rather have the longer bed and save a few bucks. Got my Ranger in April and someone has sat in the back seat exactly once.

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
One thing not mentioned here is the SuperCab does not have an adjustment for seatbelt height (at the top mount). If you have a short waist the seatbelt will ride a little high an your neck. Way better than my '91 Chevy was but still a little high. If you are long waisted or tall it probably won't matter.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
SCAB with a cap can turn it into a ready camper for people over 5' tall...I probably should've gone that route and forgo the RTT...

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Sometimes I wish I had gone with a scab over the crew cab, just for the longer bed to sleep in. I somewhat frequently need to take rear seat passengers and I personally prefer the crew cab proportions, so no buyer's remorse.

The only wrong purchase is buying something other than a Ranger ;)

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Sometimes I wish I had gone with a scab over the crew cab, just for the longer bed to sleep in. I somewhat frequently need to take rear seat passengers and I personally prefer the crew cab proportions, so no buyer's remorse.

The only wrong purchase is buying something other than a Ranger ;)
Other than the bed length which has been mentioned the choice is realy do you want/need the rear seating space. Capabilities are the same. I have a SCREW and love it. We go camping with our TT and our three ferrets. Have a travel cage that takes up the rear seat. SCAB wouldn't work as well. Extra foot on bed wouldn’t make that much difference in what we haul. All comes down to personal want/needs. Your choice, can't really make a bad one.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I believe, at least for the 19-21 model that if you got the lariat, the upgraded speakers are not included and/or available. I have a supercab xlt and love it. I find the seatbelt height perfect for me thankfully, being shorter I almost always have to adjust it in every car I am in. I tend to like the smaller cab, as my last car was a focus I drove for 6+ years, so I'm used to having a smaller passenger area. Getting groceries was the hardest thing for me to adapt too, but as long as I keep the rear seats and floor not cluttered there is a good amount of room, plus at Costco I find some of the enclosed display type boxes with an opening at the front work great in the bed for bulk food stuff. I find it's best if you have tote bags/cloth grocery bags with the harder bottom, as they can sit behind the driver and passenger seat and help keep everything more organized and less plastic bags falling everywhere after a trip to the store.