Is the 'Fake Engine Noise' for real?

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
For me it's an economic choice.

Floor it or buy eggs.

I suppose once they take my stove and I can't cook eggs, I'll be able to floor it any time I want!
Of course, if you end up buying the last eggs in the store, you'll HAVE to floor it too, to keep them out of the hands of the marauding hordes! Better start up a "gas & eggs" savings account...
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
im sure some folks now what fake engine sound i want for my sewing machine ranger... ive posted the video at least three times i will abstain this time.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Of course, if you end up buying the last eggs in the store, you'll HAVE to floor it too, to keep them out of the hands of the marauding hordes! Better start up a "gas & eggs" savings account...
Good point and, as Ford Ranger owners, we may all be able to use our pickup beds to make a little extra cash.

I understand that people are smuggling eggs in from Mexico!

Looks like Soupie's gonna become Egg Drop Soupie! =D

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good point and, as Ford Ranger owners, we may all be able to use our pickup beds to make a little extra cash.

We're heading to MX on February 10th to finish up some dental work. Get your egg orders in now before they're all gone. :bandit:??

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
When we went to the Led Zep concert and sat directly in front of the big speakers - we were such completely stoned dumb asses but one jackass friend proceeds to pass out shortly after we were seated and sleeps thru almost the entire performance, then we hear a loud burp and the dude wakes up and asks "when is Led Zepplin coming on" hilarious. Was pretty cool though to sit that close to Led Zep thinking we were pretty wasted but being up close we could tell we were relatively sober compared to the boys in the band.
My wife won free tickets to a Rolling Stones concert at Giants stadium on a radio station give away years ago. They were 4 rows from the stage slightly off center and I could feel my head vibrating all the way home and then into the next day. Awesome show but pouring rain the whole show and they put tarps on to protect the fields under the chairs so we were standing in 4 inches of water the entire show. I think they cranked up the volume to overcome the rain noise. Guess it's part of the reason I wear hearing aids now.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My wife won free tickets to a Rolling Stones concert at Giants stadium on a radio station give away years ago. They were 4 rows from the stage slightly off center and I could feel my head vibrating all the way home and then into the next day. Awesome show but pouring rain the whole show and they put tarps on to protect the fields under the chairs so we were standing in 4 inches of water the entire show. I think they cranked up the volume to overcome the rain noise. Guess it's part of the reason I wear hearing aids now.
Thats crazy I won Stones tickets too (from a bar having a raffle) but it was at Shea Stadium. It was back in '90 and In Living Color was their back up. We were 7 rows center stage and was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat

You'll need to change the color, but I think that it'll have to be a custom job...

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Thats crazy I won Stones tickets too (from a bar having a raffle) but it was at Shea Stadium. It was back in '90 and In Living Color was their back up. We were 7 rows center stage and was one of the best shows I've ever seen.
I think it was 1997 or 1998. It was the Bridges to Babylon tour. Wife called me at work noontime and said were going on a road trip tonight. Leave work early I just won Stones tickets for tonight. I think warm up was Cheryl Crow. Great surprise. It was an amazing show even in the rain. They had a giant tarp over the stage.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We're heading to MX on February 10th to finish up some dental work. Get your egg orders in now before they're all gone. :bandit:??
Hi Dave,

Last trip to MX on return US Customs confiscated our eggs...5 from a dozen clearly labeled Costco, I challenged him and he growled...LOOK...I JUST ENFORCE THE RULES... I said yes Sir! And our eggs were gone...to Nogales USA, not Mexico... Go figure... F*ing government gone wild I guess...

Best,
Phil

Last edited:

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I have it and my wife thinks it sounds like a V8 ?. Wondering if it's a Lariat thing.
Yes. Ford's fake engine sound is actually designed to replicate the 5.0 Coyote V8. That is the best sounding engine they build so good choice to simulate, but just sort of funny. It's even funnier when they simulate it in the EV vehicles.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Last trip to MX on return US Customs confiscated our eggs...5 from a dozen clearly labeled Costco, I challenged me and he growled...LOOK...I JUST ENFORCE THE RULES... I said yes Sir! And our eggs were gone...to Nogales USA, not Mexico... Go figure... F*ing government gone wild I guess...

Best,
Phil
We go down to Los Algodonez which is just past Yuma,AZ. It's a smaller area than Nogales, MX and MUCH safer. It's only 4 square blocks and all pharmacies, dentist and optometrist along with your typical street vendors. It's heavily policed but most are really nice and friendly except the ones at US border coming back through. None of them have a personality. We went to Nogales, MX once and within 1 hour we all looked at each other and said let's get out of here.