Is it normal to only have parking sensors in the rear?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yeah, 2019 XLT here, no Tech package, but do have the 302a. Have front sensors and I'll never buy a truck without them again, they are super handy!
Same here, use them all the time parking. Love them for making sure I've pulled far enough into garage. Must be a 2020 thing.

Flarg Bargleson

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
New Home Construction
My 2019 XLT has them, I have 301a and Technology Package.

Reactions: R_B

ScoobieSnax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
It was a great car for the time. Look at how many they sold, it's the car people wanted at the time.

It has nothing to do with a young engineer. It's all about accepted safety requirements and mass producing a vehicle economically.

And for the record, 1960's Mustang's had the same type of gas tank arrangement, where the top of the fuel tank was actually the floor of the car. So if you had a Mustang Fastback and the gas tank ruptured, the fuel went into the vehicle.

But GM and Ford both had pickup trucks where the gas tank was inside the truck's cab.
Let's not forget about the Jeep Cherokee. Produced for decades with years of data showing the tanks explode and the fix is to put a cheap aftermarket hitch bracket on the back.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
It was a great car for the time. Look at how many they sold, it's the car people wanted at the time.

It has nothing to do with a young engineer. It's all about accepted safety requirements and mass producing a vehicle economically.

And for the record, 1960's Mustang's had the same type of gas tank arrangement, where the top of the fuel tank was actually the floor of the car. So if you had a Mustang Fastback and the gas tank ruptured, the fuel went into the vehicle.

But GM and Ford both had pickup trucks where the gas tank was inside the truck's cab.
Yes The Pinto was not only a great car for its time ,but one of the 10 best cars of all time.
BTW the Pinto did not use the top of the tank for the trunk floor like the Mustang and Falcon.
In fact the Mustang II used the Pinto Chassis with the same basic tank design as nearly every car from the era.

People love to hate the Pinto, which was safe, reliable, cheap, and an absolute joy to drive.
Some of the same people often love such trash as the Chevelle which was none of the above and handled like a ruptured duck. Go figger??

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
I've got them on my 2019 XL. I have the co-pilot 360 package though

Simondo

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrak X
Occupation
ELECTRICIAN
Don't want them either, 6 months in and still a major fooking issue with them going off randomly. Updated software last week through dealer to alledgedly fix the issue and now they all go off together. Ford Au as much use as a chocolate fire guard

20200810_144440.jpg
Sponsored