First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I would like to see a system where a fitting is placed on the air intake stream, like a nitrous nozzle that allowed a cleaning agent to be used occasionally to hit the valves with some sort of cleaning agent or fuel.
You should Benchmark that ..Good Idea ! Yup
Sponsored

Ds_2020Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX4
Last edited:

Chris073

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Chemist
Ford began installing oil separators on the 2.3 Eco a while back and do appear to work very well. Most of what the catch cans collect is a watery fuel mix from the PCV blow-by with very little oil. I'm at 10K miles on mine and ran a bore scope up into the intake and looked at the valves and was surprised at how clean they were. There was virtually no deposits at all on the valves and running a cleaning agent like Seafoam or Techron cleaner would certainly keep them that way. Based on that installing a catch can is likely not to make much of an improvement.
I think you're 100% on point with this logic. I just bought a boroscope, but I'm having trouble figuring out where to access the intake valves without having to remove the entire manifold? So far I've only been able to check cam lobes through the oil filler. ? That's Pennzoil ultra platinum after 800 miles, BTW.

pixlr_20211205173058860.jpg

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I think you're 100% on point with this logic. I just bought a boroscope, but I'm having trouble figuring out where to access the intake valves without having to remove the entire manifold? So far I've only been able to check cam lobes through the oil filler. ? That's Pennzoil ultra platinum after 800 miles, BTW.

Did you ever figure where to get the borescope into the intake to see the valves?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I would like to see a system where a fitting is placed on the air intake stream, like a nitrous nozzle that allowed a cleaning agent to be used occasionally to hit the valves with some sort of cleaning agent or fuel.
You may be a candidate for the Boomba intake manifold spacer since the individual ports are tapped for injectors of some sort.

Juniorgoss

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Technician supervisor
Use the boost part in ecoboost alot and the air pressure will help keep things flowing. I work for VW for a while, long while. The only cars we didn't see carbon issues were from some 16 yr old punk with a GTI. The rest of the car was falling apart but them intake valves sparkled

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Did you ever figure where to get the borescope into the intake to see the valves?

To see the top of the intake valves, you go... through the intake.

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ARE JUMPING THE GUN HERE AND BEING A BIT PARANOID. THE FORD DEALERSHIP I WORK FOR HASN'T SEEN ANY OF THIS WITH THE RANGERS 2.3

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ARE JUMPING THE GUN HERE AND BEING A BIT PARANOID. THE FORD DEALERSHIP I WORK FOR HASN'T SEEN ANY OF THIS WITH THE RANGERS 2.3
I can’t hear you ..
Sponsored