I'm addicted to 'S'......

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I will be boring along with you. :)

The truck is still pretty amazing when you stomp the gas in D mode though! It just isn't quite as quick to respond as in Sport mode, but it wakes up and moves!
I’m in the boring group too! I just came from a 2.8L Colorado crew cab with a manual trans... the definition of slow. This Ranger already feels like a rocket compared to that Chevy!
Sponsored

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I came from a 2.7TT F-150 and believe me, the F-150 was a rocket compared to the Ranger. BUT...that doesn't mean the Ranger is bad at all.

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, never heard of it. Is it not worth getting if you’re looking for something else?
Honestly it is worth getting! The functionality is great and its honestly fun to play around with. My biggest issue is I like Waze running for speed traps and such and iphone won't allow OBD fusion to run while Waze is on. 1st world problems! :LOL:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Honestly it is worth getting! The functionality is great and its honestly fun to play around with. My biggest issue is I like Waze running for speed traps and such and iphone won't allow OBD fusion to run while Waze is on. 1st world problems! :LOL:
Thanks, I’ll check it out!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I’m in the boring group too! I just came from a 2.8L Colorado crew cab with a manual trans... the definition of slow. This Ranger already feels like a rocket compared to that Chevy!
So glad I didn't go that direction with all the Diesel crackdowns happening. I had the jeep 2.8L which is the father of the baby d-max. It was tuned and deleted, and definitely not slow. BUT it was a glass motor, and dropped a valve after a 3000$ stud/valve/headgasket/waterpump/timing job.

Maintenance on the Ranger will also be WAY CHEAPER.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So glad I didn't go that direction with all the Diesel crackdowns happening. I had the jeep 2.8L which is the father of the baby d-max. It was tuned and deleted, and definitely not slow. BUT it was a glass motor, and dropped a valve after a 3000$ stud/valve/headgasket/waterpump/timing job.

Maintenance on the Ranger will also be WAY CHEAPER.
Guess I should have mentioned mine was the old 2.8L gas 4cyl, not the baby Duramax!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess I should have mentioned mine was the old 2.8L gas 4cyl, not the baby Duramax!
I had no idea there was a 2.8L gas engine in the Colorado. All I can say is "ew" my condolences, welcome to the 21st century.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had no idea there was a 2.8L gas engine in the Colorado. All I can say is "ew" my condolences, welcome to the 21st century.
Yep I actually had two of them. Power wasn't there but I could easily get 31mpg out of it!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Aaron...I get around this by running Fusion on my ipad and iphone runs Waze through Sync...:like:
K1E2Cwk.jpg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven’t gotten too deep into CarPlay yet and know very little about it, but is the Fusion app something that could be shown on the truck’s screen?

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Aaron...I get around this by running Fusion on my ipad and iphone runs Waze through Sync...:like:
K1E2Cwk.jpg
I absolutely LOVE your setup!! Dude!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven’t gotten too deep into CarPlay yet and know very little about it, but is the Fusion app something that could be shown on the truck’s screen?
Legend tells that if you jailbreak an iPhone that you can put any app on the CarPlay screen. But if you choose to follow the path of the Android, that only certain apps will be allowed into the realm of Android Auto, and those apps are divined by Google.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legend tells that if you jailbreak an iPhone that you can put any app on the CarPlay screen. But if you choose to follow the path of the Android, that only certain apps will be allowed into the realm of Android Auto, and those apps are divined by Google.
Thanks for the info.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Next tank is going to be my "test S Mode gas mileage" tank. More to come....
Please let us know the result. I have not tested my Ranger on this, but my gut feeling is that "Superman" mode would have to cost us something is terms of mileage, but, even if so, it is well worth it for some kinds of driving. (I mainly use it for highway/freeway driving, moving back to "Dork" mode for city driving....)
Sponsored