First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Just don't go placing orders while you're drinking. You never know what you'll end up with next week. On second thought it could be fun, like having Christmas in July. ?
Speaking of drinking, I mean, ordering stuff I need, does anyone have an opinion on tires? I would want a better tire than the hankooks, but same size and I don't want them to sing like truck tires. The hankooks actually ride nice and quiet. Someone else posted about coopers, I think, but didn't know how they rode or sound.

Added: 265/60R18 , or maybe a little bigger but no lifts or flairs or anything. And, no singing.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Speaking of drinking, I mean, ordering stuff I need, does anyone have an opinion on tires? I would want a better tire than the hankooks, but same size and I don't want them to sing like truck tires. The hankooks actually ride nice and quiet. Someone else posted about coopers, I think, but didn't know how they rode or sound.
I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers and they are very quiet with zero road noise. That was one thing I was looking for when purchasing new tires too as I hate that constant hummmm some tires give off.

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers and they are very quiet with zero road noise. That was one thing I was looking for when purchasing new tires too as I hate that constant hummmm some tires give off.
How does one actually know before they buy? Are there sound ratings?

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
$1,500? That’s nothing - some guys on here spend that on micro fibre towels and 303 Graphene every month.
$1500.00 on Mods is Like "Farting in the Wind" for My sick A$$....That isn't bad enough I also Mod out a Show 2005 Mustang Too!

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Did you stay with OEM size? Are yours the same size as FX4? I have 18s btw. Wondering if this has any truth to it... and I only got through 6 pages of the tire size thread, so I may answer this myself later.

Based upon what others have said regarding clearance issues with stock wheels and stock ride height this is what I’ve come up with for the 17” and 18” stock wheels. At modest 1.5” increase in height and .4” increase in width for both tire upgrades.

56EC3FF3-50B1-47E3-AF2B-1E47D41AB074.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Did you stay with OEM size? Are yours the same size as FX4? I have 18s btw. Wondering if this has any truth to it... and I only got through 6 pages of the tire size thread, so I may answer this myself later.
No I went up one size to 265/70/17 with 2.5" level. With tires only I'm not sure if it would've rubbed as I did the level and went right to the tire shop and had them installed. Plus some tires, even though they're the same size, can be off a little in size so it's tough to tell. Hopefully you can find your answer without having to read through that whole thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
No I went up one size to 265/17/17 with 2.5" level. With tires only I'm not sure if it would've rubbed as I did the level and went right to the tire shop and had them installed. Plus some tires, even though they're the same size, can be off a little in size so it's tough to tell. Hopefully you can find your answer without having to read through that whole thread.
Thanks. I have nothing else to do, and don't really plan to buy right away, just making my list just in case.
Sponsored