Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Getting weaned off the damper is more difficult than getting weaned off a government program.
I really wish they had engineered a way of opening the tailgate without having to lift the handle. It's convenient that I don't have to worry about the heavy tailgate slamming down with a damper installed if I have both hands full , but I still have to use my tongue to lift the latch handle. The wife loves the improved dexterity though.
Sponsored

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I really wish they had engineered a way of opening the tailgate without having to lift the handle. It's convenient that I don't have to worry about the heavy tailgate slamming down with a damper installed if I have both hands full , but I still have to use my tongue to lift the latch handle. The wife loves the improved dexterity though.
Somebody must have a remote control tailgate opener. That way you can have your beer in one hand, your food in the other and tell Siri to lower the tailgate and plop your a$$ right down on it.
Decided to search for one while I wrote this and I found it... (if anyone tries this, you have to let us know how it goes)

Last edited:

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Somebody must have a remote control tailgate opener. That way you're going to have your beer in one hand your food in the other and tell Siri to lower the tailgate and plop your a$$ right down on it.

View attachment 105828
The GMs and the Rams have heated tailgates so that your hands don't get cold when pushing them...

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Jezee...I go to work for one day and there's a damper crisis! Glad @BButah was here to aid you Dennis. As long as you bought the original DeeZee damper you're good for life. ?
It's a fur-real DeeZee but they actually only have a 3 year warranty.

From the DeeZee site...

Truck Tailgate Assist Features:

• Safely Controls The Drop Rate of Your Tailgate
  • Designed Specifically for Each Make and Model
  • Tested To Handle Heavy Daily Use
  • Works In Conjunction With Factory Cables
  • Easy, No Drill Installation with Simple Hand Tools
  • All Hardware Included - Mounts to Driver's Side
  • Only One (1) Tailgate Assist Required per Vehicle
  • 3-Year Warranty

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Jezee...I go to work for one day and there's a damper crisis! Glad @BButah was here to aid you Dennis. As long as you bought the original DeeZee damper you're good for life. ?
1634246120822.png

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
My DeeZee tailgate assist shock has decided to bellow like a wounded ox every time I lower the tailgate.

It's still under warranty but since I purchased it online, I'll have to dig through my CC transactions and see if I can find when and where I bought it.

I'm definitely going to simply remove it for the near term and then search my transactions when I have time to waste on that.

Here's hoping that my arms haven't atrophied away to the point where I can no longer catch that heavy tailgate descending at the speed of gravity. :muscle:
Oh Lord Dennis, you posted this without an update. I was devastated until I saw you found a fix. But it was too late by then. Now, if you'll excuse me I need to call my therapist. Even though it was diverted, this horrble horrible news threw me into a tailspin. o_O :facepalm: :crying: I'm glad you have figured out the problem, but the damage is already done. I'm a very excitable person don'tcha know. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Oh Lord Dennis, you posted this without an update. I was devastated until I saw you found a fix. But it was too late by then. Now, if you'll excuse me I need to call my therapist. Even though it was diverted, this horrble horrible news threw me into a tailspin. o_O :facepalm: :crying: I'm glad you have figured out the problem, but the damage is already done. I'm a very excitable person don'tcha know. :)
I'll go fix it now to spare the faint of heart...

I apologize for the unnecessary heart palpitations that you endured.

Have a ?and if the wife asks tell her it was required therapy after undue drama erupted on the Ranger forum.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I'll go fix it now to spare the faint of heart...

I apologize for the unnecessary heart palpitations that you endured.

Have a ?and if the wife asks tell her it was required therapy after undue drama erupted on the Ranger forum.
You're a fine man Dennis. Your sympathy for my plight goes a long way in helping with my recovery. Now, fix that damper so I can sleep tonight. :turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey: A line of @Tracy Bowman dancing turkeys sent to you sir.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We have just all witnessed the formation of a new strain of PTSD!

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Are you suggesting there's more than one use for KY jelly?
When I have a especially difficult motorcycle tire that just does not want to go on the rim , I use a couple drops of this . Slickest stuff you ever could use . The rubber will pop right into that rim ;)

Slippery fun.png

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4