Spod Needs a New Logo and We Need Your Help!

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Baja Designs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado H.D.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
@Baja Designs - folks are going to need a lot more information than “Spod needs a new logo”. I think @RANGER PRIDE mignt be telling you just that in his reply. You provided zero direction so he gave you what you asked for. Help out the creative folks on here….
  • What does the name “sPOD” stand for?
  • What is the brand positioning?
  • Do you want it to align in anyway with the BD logo or brand?
  • What are the preferred Pantone colours? New? BD’s?
  • Are the mountains a deal breaker element?
  • Do you need a tagline incorporated? (I.e., “by Baja Designs”)
I could go on but without a decent creative brief, you’re likely to end up with a bunch of submissions you don’t like.
This guy graphic designs. ?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Done! Fingers crossed - I need a win. I've been trying to get back into design after graduating with a design degree in 2003 and not really using it because I ended up working in law enforcement. My wife encouraged me to find a career field that I was interested in, and I went to graphic design. The trouble is, this week I'm finding I suck at it. ? The software is kicking my ass and I'm having trouble getting proficient in it enough to deserve a job. Ughhhhh. Did I mention, fingers crossed.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Done! Fingers crossed - I need a win. I've been trying to get back into design after graduating with a design degree in 2003 and not really using it because I ended up working in law enforcement. My wife encouraged me to find a career field that I was interested in, and I went to graphic design. The trouble is, this week I'm finding I suck at it. ? The software is kicking my ass and I'm having trouble getting proficient in it enough to deserve a job. Ughhhhh. Did I mention, fingers crossed.
Don’t feel bad. I don’t know if there’s money in it. A company with $21m+ annual revenue just crowdsourced a new logo for $1,000.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t feel bad. I don’t know if there’s money in it. A company with $21m+ annual revenue just crowdsourced a new logo for $1,000.
HAHAHA Yeah. I need the "win" in more of the sense everything I'm touching in Graphic Design seems to be going wrong for me. Besides, the product I dropped as my submission would probably still require a lot of fettling to get it right.
sPOD-Logo.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man...how did I miss this? I was getting excited until I saw the date this was posted...Back to my crayons...:(

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I think you guys might want to consider renaming the product now that you've bought them. I keep reading the thread title as "Sped."

You have a well known name and really only one competitor that's on the same level. SPOD is yet another option in a saturated market.

I'd consider nixxing the name all together and folding the product into your existing product naming.

Squadron Controllers rolls off the tongue.

If you end up using my suggestion I take my fee in product.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Baja Designs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado H.D.
Yeah! Let's see the winning design! :D
Hey Glocker,
Official winning design will be posted sometime next week. Ill keep you guys updated.
Best,
Brahian

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Baja Designs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado H.D.
Hey Andrew,
we are trying our best to release the new logo soon. We have been running into some complications. Ill keep you guys updated and thank you guys for your patience.
Best,

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I think you guys might want to consider renaming the product now that you've bought them. I keep reading the thread title as "Sped."

You have a well known name and really only one competitor that's on the same level. SPOD is yet another option in a saturated market.

I'd consider nixxing the name all together and folding the product into your existing product naming.

Squadron Controllers rolls off the tongue.

If you end up using my suggestion I take my fee in product.
My mind goes juvenile when I saw the term "SPOD". Sounds like a dirty sex move/position.

Like the dirty sanchez or the donkey punch.

"Girl I am going to spod you tonight".

Its terrible. I can't help myself.
Sponsored