First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Good reason to become familiar with all your controls and buttons before you need them

Imagine if you were on the highway 8n heavy traffic when something went awry
Wait till he wants to adjust the side mirrors!
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
:blush: I know, red faced here... but have to remember I'm coming from an 18 year old vehicle that had a push/pull button on top of the steering column! Dang these new fangled buttons!
Since your truck is new, have you found out how to lower the spare tire?

I recently had to replace a flat and there is a specific angle the bar has to go under the truck. It is not straight, it is like a 40 degrees angle from the rear bumper to enter the funnel. Anyone reading this and is confused about the “funnel” really should look under the bed to what I’m talking about.

If it was night time I would never have been able to lower the spare tire. This is something all owners should learn how to do. And put a flashlight in the glove compartment.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since your truck is new, have you found out how to lower the spare tire?

I recently had to replace a flat and there is a specific angle the bar has to go under the truck. It is not straight, it is like a 40 degrees angle from the rear bumper to enter the funnel. Anyone reading this and is confused about the “funnel” really should look under the bed to what I’m talking about.

If it was night time I would never have been able to lower the spare tire. This is something all owners should learn how to do. And put a flashlight in the glove compartment.
When you lower it don't forget to flip it over so you can check the air without lowering every time. :like:

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
My passenger routinely rests his hand on the bezel while fiddling with the touch screen. I've learned to check the flashers whenever he's done. :frown:
If his hand is on the touch screen, his ribs are exposed and you have perfect opportunity to teach him where his side of the car ends. Yell "Don't ever touch a black man's radio" in his ear as you deliver an elbow to his ribs.
:LOL: :punch: :LOL:

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
If his hand is on the touch screen, his ribs are exposed and you have perfect opportunity to teach him where his side of the car ends. Yell "Don't ever touch a black man's radio" in his ear as you deliver an elbow to his ribs.
:LOL: :punch: :LOL:
I'll assume you are not married and, if so, your other half is not from Alabama. There are many things I've learned in the last 41 years. :frown:

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I'll assume you are not married and, if so, your other half is not from Alabama. There are many things I've learned in the last 41 years. :frown:
I'll assume you missed the smiley faces.

If the passenger can't interact with the vehicle without affecting driving systems, like warning lights to other drivers, they should be told to keep their hands in their lap.

The same if he can't put a beverage in the cup holder without knocking the shifter into neutral, or without his jacket hooking the e-brake handle and causing a spin-out.

YMMV.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
That sure sounds familiar. I have three vehicles we drive, and none of that stuff is in the same place, i.e. sync buttons, window switches, HVAC buttons. It's like I'm driving a new car every time I drive a different one. I fumble around looking for dang buttons......:)
I have been known to try to push in the clutch pedal on the Ranger or my SUV after driving the Jeep for a while. I feel foolish when that happens.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I have been known to try to push in the clutch pedal on the Ranger or my SUV after driving the Jeep for a while. I feel foolish when that happens.
Kent, is this you?
1628634002905.png

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I'll assume you missed the smiley faces.

If the passenger can't interact with the vehicle without affecting driving systems, like warning lights to other drivers, they should be told to keep their hands in their lap.

The same if he can't put a beverage in the cup holder without knocking the shifter into neutral, or without his jacket hooking the e-brake handle and causing a spin-out.

YMMV.
... Or put into 4H reaching for your phone. Or engaging Terrain Control instead of Start/Stop Off...

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Was detailing inside of my 2121 Ranger last night and somehow turned on the flashers. My other vehicle has a button on the steering column to turn them on/off. I spend 15 minutes, between reading the owner's manual and scouring the dashboard for how to turn the flashers off! The manual just says it's on the instrument cluster.... finally I notice in the manual it shows a triangle and found that just down below the touch screen.

I was ready to jump on the forum and ask if anyone knew how to turn them off! :crackup:
Came here and searched this forum to see if anyone had anything to say about the location the button. I had the same thing happen to me. I figured it out sooner than you, but it is kinda funny trying to figure out how to turn them back off. I've bumped them on accidentally three times since then.

PhilG

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I had a similar problem with the heated seats. It was the middle of the summer. While driving into work, I accidentally hit the button to heat the driver's seat (it was set to high). I was driving on the highway with my rear end burning up, and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Traffic was really heavy, so I had to endure the heat for 20 minutes until I finally got the parking lot and turned off the car. I tried to find the butten in the manual, but couldn't; I finally found it in the cheat-sheet they supplied with the car. The button is down below all the other buttons in the center of the dash.
Sponsored