Hazard/4-way flashers

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Was detailing inside of my 2121 Ranger last night and somehow turned on the flashers. My other vehicle has a button on the steering column to turn them on/off. I spend 15 minutes, between reading the owner's manual and scouring the dashboard for how to turn the flashers off! The manual just says it's on the instrument cluster.... finally I notice in the manual it shows a triangle and found that just down below the touch screen.

I was ready to jump on the forum and ask if anyone knew how to turn them off! :crackup:
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry but you are cracking me up. It is literally a huge button right in the middle of the dash console.

Then again I've been known to frantically look for my sunglasses only to realize they are resting on the top of my head...

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry but you are cracking me up. It is literally a huge button right in the middle of the dash console.

Then again I've been known to frantically look for my sunglasses only to realize they are resting on the top of my head...
:blush: I know, red faced here... but have to remember I'm coming from an 18 year old vehicle that had a push/pull button on top of the steering column! Dang these new fangled buttons!

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
Was detailing inside of my 2121 Ranger last night and somehow turned on the flashers. My other vehicle has a button on the steering column to turn them on/off. I spend 15 minutes, between reading the owner's manual and scouring the dashboard for how to turn the flashers off! The manual just says it's on the instrument cluster.... finally I notice in the manual it shows a triangle and found that just down below the touch screen.

I was ready to jump on the forum and ask if anyone knew how to turn them off! :crackup:
I too was in the hunt although it took me a couple of minutes to realize where it was at, when I was connecting my boat trailer up to test. I also came from hazards on the steering column. Yes it's a "BIG" button.

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good reason to become familiar with all your controls and buttons before you need them

Imagine if you were on the highway 8n heavy traffic when something went awry
Yea, glad I was only in my driveway.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

Don’t feel bad bro. Drove away from my house and got a half mile away before I tap my pocket for my glasses. Drove back home and went inside to retrieve them. Looked for 5 minutes before I realized they’re on my head already ?‍?

8B45C7CC-D9B6-46F0-B85C-18B2C1F6D6F6.jpeg

ak47p

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Ford Sales Representative

It happens! Glad you found it!

Cheers.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That sure sounds familiar. I have three vehicles we drive, and none of that stuff is in the same place, i.e. sync buttons, window switches, HVAC buttons. It's like I'm driving a new car every time I drive a different one. I fumble around looking for dang buttons......:)

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
:blush: I know, red faced here... but have to remember I'm coming from an 18 year old vehicle that had a push/pull button on top of the steering column! Dang these new fangled buttons!
I know how you feel. Like me, you probably drove one of these. I like that they have tires made of rubber now.

1628597684415.gif

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Done that in both my Outback and Ranger. Not in an emergency or after I accidently turned them on, but when just looking for all the controls and was like, where are the damn hazards!? Seems pretty silly, but yeah, it happens.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
My passenger routinely rests his hand on the bezel while fiddling with the touch screen. I've learned to check the flashers whenever he's done. :frown:
Done that myself, I use my thumb to steady my hand using the touch screen and end up hitting the button. Actual which it was above tje screen instead of below.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know how you feel. Like me, you probably drove one of these. I like that they have tires made of rubber now.

1628597684415.gif
Solid rubber is just as rough. :LOL: Was better when they invented inflatable.:thumbsup: unless dealer leaves them at 45psi :headbang:
Sponsored