First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Turning out of a parking lot from work it happened to me twice. So I slowed just a bit and hasn’t happened since. Nothing displayed so it must’ve been RSC.. yeah loss of power and ABS chatter indicates that.

I like to zoom too either slow it down a bit or turn the nanny off..
Sponsored

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
Turning out of a parking lot from work it happened to me twice. So I slowed just a bit and hasn’t happened since. Nothing displayed so it must’ve been RSC.. yeah loss of power and ABS chatter indicates that.

I like to zoom too either slow it down a bit or turn the nanny off..
I do feel like it happens when i go a little fast. Must be something with the traction control since there is a slight dip. Just crazy how noticable it is.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I do feel like it happens when i go a little fast. Must be something with the traction control since there is a slight dip. Just crazy how noticable it is.
You may be hitting a drainage dip while turning which will definitely have RSC kick in while “zooming “ if flat then you definitely are going fast ?

Billdub01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I've had the same issue. It always happens after getting off the driveway onto the blacktop. Either turning left or right. I'm usually about 5mph or so. It does it as I touch the gas. Then it goes away. It's happened a handful of times. But random at that and different downward grades.

It did it once stopped in traffic on an hill. Not too steep. Traffic moved then slowed and moved again. After applying the brakes then back to the gas the traction control light flickered, lost power and chattered a bit. I've got a 2019 lariat fx4 25k miles. I hadn't tried driving with traction control off. I definitely will now to see how it does.

Let me know if you guys have figured it out.

Thank you.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
It's definitely the traction control. Happens most often to me when I'm turning right from a dead stop. I assume the right rear wheel breaks traction just barely, and that kicks in the system.
The nannies on this truck are a bit too aggressive.

VengeanceWithin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I knew if I searched “grinding when turning right” I’d find some shit. Definitely a noticeable and disturbing feeling when it does this.

Seems to happen most coming out of driveways or changing streets with a transition in the road. Guess I’ll have to calm down on the gas ⛽ whenI’m turning.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
No one mentioned the EPAS yet? This is a common issue off idle when power steering pumps are going bad during the initial turn. It could make sense that the electric motor is going out. Very low speed turning is the hardest for these. Plus you wouldn't feel the engine through the pedal it os drive by wire. The EPAS is mounted near there. Just a thought to anyone experiencing these sounds.

Billdub01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Noticed the TC light the other day when I happened again. I've been trying to remember to turn the TC off. Lol it's always on a small decline and turn. Just weird and un-nerving.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I just gave up trying to figure this out. Happened since I bought it and I mentioned it but the dealership can "never" replicate it. I can replicate it though. I should probably take a video of it with the sound. I know the exact sound. It is a loud grinding, well 38k miles later and no serious problems. God knows what it is. And I have TC off 95% of the time.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
traction control doin its thing.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I just gave up trying to figure this out. Happened since I bought it and I mentioned it but the dealership can "never" replicate it. I can replicate it though. I should probably take a video of it with the sound. I know the exact sound. It is a loud grinding, well 38k miles later and no serious problems. God knows what it is. And I have TC off 95% of the time.
its never really fully off unless you yank the computer fuse for it.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
its never really fully off unless you yank the computer fuse for it.
That prob explains it. Hopefully no issues arise in the future but it's a nasty sound.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
a way to test if this is it (TC) is get into a low traction situation like off road, or using trail control at a certain speed while going down a hill you know will make the system slow the truck. if its the same feel and sound then no worries.
Sponsored