Enrique

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
2019 Lariat FX4

It's happened about 3 times in the 2800 miles I've put on it. Twice in the same place.

I have heard it when I initiate a turn from a full stop (say, at a stop sign), hit the gas, start moving, heard the grind noise, feel it in the gas pedal.

It almost feels the same as when you mess up shifting on a manual car, but weird thing is it has only happened while turning.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Enrique

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sure it's not traction control kicking in?
Shouldn't i see something in the dash if that is the case? I don't think the light comes on, but the event could also be short enough i missed it.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Shouldn't i see something in the dash if that is the case? I don't think the light comes on, but the event could also be short enough i missed it.
Yes. The only time I experienced anything like this I was cornering hard and the traction light flashed on the dash. But it was brief, and unless it catches the corner of your eye you'd likely miss it unless you were staring at the dash during such a maneuver.

OP
OP

Enrique

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely didn't turn on the 4H on accident and i wasn't cornering hard, just making a left after a stop sign so it had to have 1st or 2nd gear at most.

Oradank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Any update on this? Its actually been happening to me more often, whenever im leaving a parking lot thats a little steep, I gas it to merge in and I feel this grind in the steering wheel and almost feels like the front wheels are locking up and the traction flashes. I let off the gas and continue going and its fine, tried looking for any rubbing or anything unusual but havent found anything? I have strut spacers in front so im debating on taking it in, but im not sure if they will give me trouble because of those spacers

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Is it possible that you bumped the dial and put it intro 4H by mistake? I had this happen once and it took me 3 or 4 starts and stops to figure out what was going on.
I've done this too. It felt let the brakes were applied when the weren't. Like you, I accidentally turned 4WD on. No lights, no warnings, nothing. Freaked me out. Once I realized, I turned it off and all was good.

Now, I look every time I get in.

From what the OP is describing, that's what it seems like.

dangerranger16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I’ve felt this before too and was trying to figure it out. I feel it after a left turn I always take leaving my neighborhood on the way to work in the morning. I feel a vibration in the gas pedal then it goes away. Lane keeping system off, 4wd off, not sure what it can be. XLT FX4.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Wow...that would make me cringe to have this problem...hope you guys figure this out:fingerscrossed:

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
2019 Lariat FX4

It's happened about 3 times in the 2800 miles I've put on it. Twice in the same place.

I have heard it when I initiate a turn from a full stop (say, at a stop sign), hit the gas, start moving, heard the grind noise, feel it in the gas pedal.

It almost feels the same as when you mess up shifting on a manual car, but weird thing is it has only happened while turning.
I’ve felt this before too and was trying to figure it out. I feel it after a left turn I always take leaving my neighborhood on the way to work in the morning. I feel a vibration in the gas pedal then it goes away. Lane keeping system off, 4wd off, not sure what it can be. XLT FX4.
Did you guys ever figure this out or did the phenomenon just resolve itself? I think I've got the same thing going on. It's happened twice. It's happened at low speeds both times abruptly. There is a pretty significant audible and tactile buzzing/vibration felt in the gas pedal that lasts 1.5-2 seconds.

The 2nd time it happened I noticed there was a clicking noise at the end of the buzzing interval and the RPMs dropped by a few hundred. I did not change accelerator pedal position at all during the buzzing interval. I did not have the gear indicator available so I don't know if the RPM drop was resultant of a downshift or just a RPM drop in the same gear.

I'm very relunctanty thinking that a dealer visit may be in order but I'm not sure a TCM (is that what Ford calls it?) reflash is available for 2021s.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
Same issue on my truck. Happened 3 times in the same situation. Pulling out of a parking garage turning right. Exactly how described in this thread- like messing up shifting on a manual. Crazy issue to have so rarely.

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
It sounds like the ABS pump actuating. Which would be the stability control kicking in.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
It sounds like the ABS pump actuating. Which would be the stability control kicking in.
It's kind of violent. It's loud and can be felt in the gas pedal. Always makes me think my truck is having a transmission issue.
Sponsored