First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Wait ? ,,,, Hold the cornflakes OP, thats a nice kit you have.
?

Reactions: Doc

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Well....problem solved. I’m happy to report back to our group that the o-ring was dry.

found this video on YouTube.

decided to give it a try and added some Lucas Gun oil to the ring and reseated everything. Worked like a charm!

thank you guys for all your input.
Mine was doing this as well with the GFB Diverter valve DV+. Pulled it apart and oiled all the internal parts with CLP-4. The o-rings on the internal plunger were completely dry and wouldn't move in the valve very well, and the center sealing plug was sticking slightly. Since cleaning and lubricating it making sure everything was able to move freely there's no more squealing/whistle noise when accelerating.

Rippnlippz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Surveyor
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody out there has had any issues with squealing sounds/possible belt sounds on acceleration.

I have a 2019 Ranger XL FX4.

I only began to notice the squealing over the last week after installing a new AWE exhaust and a Turbosmart BOV. Just installed the Roush CAI this evening and the squealing sound is even more prominent.

I’m not a mad man on the road. Pretty normal driver(very subjective) it only happens on acceleration under load(not when parked reving engine). My son said it’s the tires but I’m not convinced it is. Im running Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17. I’m not driving it ready hard but am enjoying the new sounds the truck is making minus the squealing. It’s not super loud either but it is noticeable.

FF249B8A-FE80-42CF-91C3-3F711CF5011A.jpeg
I just got my truck back from the shop for the same problem I installed a performance chip and shortly after I noticed a squealing noise coming from underneath the truck but then will stop if I pull the chip out
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc