First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Finally, exactly 8 and half months since ordering and now she is in the driveway. Can't wait to slide canoe in that six ft bed and go fishing. My golf game has suffered having to share the Honda with wife. Going golfing too.

20220111_160005.jpg

20220111_155958.jpg

20220111_155949.jpg
You have a 6’ canoe, cool! Mine would still hang out another 9’ ?

That colour looks sharp, nice truck!
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
You have a 6’ canoe, cool! Mine would still hang out another 9’ ?

That colour looks sharp, nice truck!
No, canoe is 13 ft Old Town Pack canoe. had it for about 40 years. with tail gate down that is about 7 ft. Tie red cloth on end of canoe and off to fishing. So easy to slide out of boat and back in.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Jimmy, are you in the Kings Park subdivision? Neighborhood looks familiar. I grew up there.
Yeah, right across from shopping center

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
if the truck was just washed and its cold out, its likely just a little bit of ice. Same thing happened to me when I picked my ranger up the other day from the dealer.

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
My first trip in mine. I got a mosquito on one sensor. The system trips out at parking speeds then.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
My first trip in mine. I got a mosquito on one sensor. The system trips out at parking speeds then.
Must have been a Cajun swamp mosquito. Three of them get together and they will drag you into the woods for a feast.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove the truck today, there was an error on the center console when stopped. See the pic. A sound as well as the image. Once truck rolling, the picture disappeared.

Sorry, this thing is so complicated. Lariat 2021, SCAB. I think this is something to do with the radar warning systems but I can't find anything in the manual or on the ford site for the truck to tell me what it is.

Sales guy smoked me about it was cause the just washed it and there was some water or something and it would drop off. Nope.

I will be back there tomorrow to buy some mats and then deal with this thing. I think the left front censor is not working and it is telling me in this symbol???

Thanks for any help.

20220111_141408.jpg
All my 2019 Ranger's sensors had worked great until last week when we had a significant storm and below freezing weather for several days. I started getting a reading like yours whenever I slowed the truck down. Since I had never had a problem before, I figured that there was some ice or other weather-related debris on the sensor and, the lazybones that I am, decided to do nothing until things thawed out. Sure enough, when the temperatures rose, the problem stopped. You could have a malfunction of some kind, in which case the dealer should fix it, and free of charge, but most likely the sensor just needs cleaning (or waiting).

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I’ve had one sensor go bad on my 19’ Lariat and they are a mess in the cold and especially in the cold if I wash it.
Temps in the teens and below do not seem to be kind to the parking sensors especially the front ones.

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
There's a car/motorcycle "dryer" you can get but it's not cheap. When I was my HD I just use a leaf blower. I live in a condo but kept the leaf blower for drying the bike.

it has heat modes: https://www.amazon.com/SHELANDY-Powerful-Motorcycle-Flexible-Wheels/dp/B07H8TVGR9/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3JYA5W071EGCU&keywords=hot+air+motorcycle+dryer&qid=1641951594&sprefix=hot+air+motorcycle+dry,aps,327&sr=8-2
I bought this a while back from Amazon (no longer carry it though). I believe Harbor Freight also has it. Cheap and powerful.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Performance-Tool-600W-Garage-Shop-Blower/42120320

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
TE="JimInVA, post: 360191, member: 12754"] I test drove the truck today, there was an error on the center console when stopped. See the pic. A sound as well as the image. Once truck rolling, the picture disappeared. Sorry, this thing is so complicated. Lariat 2021, SCAB. I think this is something to do with the radar warning systems but I can't find anything in the manual or on the ford site for the truck to tell me what it is. Sales guy smoked me about it was cause the just washed it and there was some water or something and it would drop off. Nope. I will be back there tomorrow to buy some mats and then deal with this thing. I think the left front censor is not working and it is telling me in this symbol??? Thanks for any help. [/QUOTE] My sensors act up in the winter after a wash or if covered in snow. I hit the silence button on the console to get rid of the noise. It's been over a year but I think the visual dash alerts stopped also. Once it dried off it was fine, mine is a 2019 lariat screw.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had an issue with the forward collision sensors going off one icy morning, and I was confused when it just stopped. But then it started again when I came to a stop at a light. Duh. It works off speed, and I found my front bumper was iced over! ?

Then I discovered that when I'm out 4-wheeling the Ranger, I need to shut off the parking sensors or risk going mad! HAHAHA When I did the abandoned Nemo train tunnel, it was going off like crazy!

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Download a PDF of the owners manual. Just be warned, it was written by engineers. Thus, in this case you would need to search "parking aid". If you use "parking sensor" nothing is found. And your front sensors only work at speed below 5 mph. pg 184.

Congrats on joining the supercab club.
The most polite RTFM reply I've seen yet. :LOL:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor