RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I washed and waxed my truck today and found I have gotten a couple of very small rock chips. 1 is on the hood (where a deflector would go, but I don't have one), one is high up on the rear driver door and one is on the front bumper painted area (which is why I really wanted chrome bumpers). They are all small and not very noticeable unless you look really close. They had to come some day. I've already put my first dent in the bed, so..... :LOL:

Here in Oregon we don't use road salt but they "sand" the roads (which is really small gravel) and it stays on the roads most of the year. When I got my last Ranger (in 2005), I had it for 3 days when a rock came up and broke my windshield. 3 days and I had to get a brand new windshield (it was too bad to repair). So rock chips are kind of a fact of life here.

It looks GOOD all cleaned up though! And the white platinum really gleams in the sunshine (although it is hard to see in the photo) - I love the color:
20190427_174956.jpg
Sponsored

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
We get a lot of rock chips here in Hawaii. If I end up purchasing my truck, I'll get clear vinyl in the front. My old Mustang caught hell here.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Same here, have two on the front flat of the hood. Will be clear spraying with plastidip eventually, hopefully the weather will get "good" here soon.

Formula Indy

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to get a clear bra on mine once it is in. Has anyone done this yet?
Sponsored