First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
It ceases to amaze me then people boast their 30MPG average when they only drove 50 miles on that average.
Drive a couple of hundred(or thousand), THEN come back and post.
Why are peeps even concerned ? Sheesh ................. They should have bought a Prius IMHO.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
If I were to drive 65 mph here they'd run you off the road! Heck I'll be doing 80 and they're still right on my bumper.
What's the speed limit? I'm not proposing anybody not drive a speed that is close to the speed limit.

I will say however that anyone who tailgates folks that are driving the speed limit, or are harassing them in any way whatsoever, those people, the types that feel they are above the law, are true pieces of shit.

And there seems to be more of them on the road today, than law abiding one's.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
What's the speed limit? I'm not proposing anybody not drive a speed that is close to the speed limit.

I will say however that anyone who tailgates folks that are driving the speed limit, or are harassing them in any way whatsoever, those people, the types that feel they are above the law, are true pieces of shit.

Those are the people that end up killing innocent families.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
The aerodynamics of these trucks comes into play at this speed is my hunch. The drag increases at a far higher rate 60+ MPH. I noticed around town at 50ish is where I get the really high mpg. After that it starts dropping off sharply as speed increases. It’s particularly noticeable on windy days. You can see the dash counter drop like a rock as soon as the wind picks up.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

The speed limit is 65 mph on all our highways. It does change to 75 mph on the I-17 for a good stretch but there's nothing up there but wide open road. There most are traveling at 90 mph+.

This isn't just on the highways it's everywhere. On the surface streets the speed limit will be 45 mph and I can be doing 50 mph and they'll be going by you like you're standing still. Here it doesn't matter what street you're on they tailgate you everywhere. They're so close you cant even see their headlights in your rearview mirror. The worst part is you'd think it would be the younger kids and it's not, it's usually some middle age soccer mom. This is one of the main reasons I just bought a 2 channel dash cam so I can protect myself front and back and have evidence if/when something happens.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The speed limit is 65 mph on all our highways. It does change to 75 mph on the I-17 for a good stretch but there's nothing up there but wide open road. There most are traveling at 90 mph+.

This isn't just on the highways it's everywhere. On the surface streets the speed limit will be 45 mph and I can be doing 50 mph and they'll be going by you like you're standing still. Here it doesn't matter what street you're on they tailgate you everywhere. They're so close you cant even see their headlights in your rearview mirror. The worst part is you'd think it would be the younger kids and it's not, it's usually some middle age soccer mom. This is one of the main reasons I just bought a 2 channel dash cam so I can protect myself front and back and have evidence if/when something happens.
Yesterday a soccer mom in an SUV crashed into a big rig and she died... Just a few days ago we had a lady speeding down a two lane road and a truck pulled out of a neighborhood in front of her not realizing her speed. She swerved into oncoming traffic and was killed along with her kid. The lady she hit was life flighted to memorial hermann. It's speed that kills you 99% of the time. You can survive a crash going the speed limit.. You don't want to survive a crash where high rate of speeds are involved....

I actually have a front facing dash cam but been looking at getting the BLACKVUE DR750-2CH LTE. I think i'm going to pull the trigger on that already.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The aerodynamics of these trucks comes into play at this speed is my hunch. The drag increases at a far higher rate 60+ MPH. I noticed around town at 50ish is where I get the really high mpg. After that it starts dropping off sharply as speed increases. It’s particularly noticeable on windy days. You can see the dash counter drop like a rock as soon as the wind picks up.
Once I added the 2.5" level it took a hit from changing the rake. That with the larger tires was about 1-2 mpg but it was worth it as it looks so much better leveled. Adding the tune and using premium helped gain that back when you drive it normal. The tune really smooths out the shift points and keeps it from lugging in 8th-10th.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yesterday a soccer mom in an SUV crashed into a big rig and she died... Just a few days ago we had a lady speeding down a two lane road and a truck pulled out of a neighborhood in front of her not realizing her speed. She swerved into oncoming traffic and was killed along with her kid. The lady she hit was life flighted to memorial hermann. It's speed that kills you 99% of the time. You can survive a crash going the speed limit.. You don't want to survive a crash where high rate of speeds are involved....

I actually have a front facing dash cam but been looking at getting the BLACKVUE DR750-2CH LTE. I think i'm going to pull the trigger on that already.
It's sad they don't think if this before hand and have no regard for others lives. Now I will say once in a while I'll still do some dumb things and lay into the pedal but only out in open areas where no ones around which is easy to find here.

I was looking at that dash cam too but liked the Thinkware U1000 better. It has a much crisper view of license plates and images than the Blackvue. But one thing I really like with the Blackvue is their cloud is much better. You can use it over LTE where the Thinkware has to have wifi. They're both excellent cams but I wanted the clarity which I feel will be more helpful in an accident.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's sad they don't think if this before hand and have no regard for others lives. Now I will say once in a while I'll still do some dumb things and lay into the pedal but only out in open areas where no ones around which is easy to find here.

I was looking at that dash cam too but liked the Thinkware U1000 better. It has a much crisper view of license plates and images than the Blackvue. But one thing I really like with the Blackvue is their cloud is much better. You can use it over LTE where the Thinkware has to have wifi. They're both excellent cams but I wanted the clarity which I feel will be more helpful in an accident.
My issue with both of those models is how it attaches to the windshield. I had one that taped on in the past and the heat just destroyed the tape. My current one is horrible clarity but it is suction cup which if it falls, I just stick it back up. How has the tape held up on the Thinkware?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
There's a reason 55mph was set as the national speed limit back in the day. It's a m.p.g. sweet spot.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Not trying to take away from your point...

You don't want to survive a crash where high rate of speeds are involved....
But do you say ATM machine too?

Sorry, it's a pet peeve.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My issue with both of those models is how it attaches to the windshield. I had one that taped on in the past and the heat just destroyed the tape. My current one is horrible clarity but it is suction cup which if it falls, I just stick it back up. How has the tape held up on the Thinkware?
I've only had it on for a week now so I can't comment on it's longevity. They do give you extra tape so that's a good thing and I guess you could always get some Gorilla Tape if needed. The clarity is really very good on this one both from and rear. They're on sale right now here with $100.00 off for Fathers Day. I used the ODB power cable so it was a quick easy install but if you're going to ever get the battery packs I would hardwire it.