Gas filling funnel

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Just ordered one of those things so my wife can fill up her tractor by herself :) I have some old style "Explosion proof" cans that it won't work on, but the can she uses is one of the retarded ones that has the unusable spout.

My explosion proof ones are awesome, I picked them up at garage sales over the years, they look like this, kind of...

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-U2-51-S-Galvanized-Capacity-Diameter/dp/B000BQO15I
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Better than that little funnel for use with a gas can is to simply buy a "jiggle siphon" or a "safety siphon". You put the end with metal fixture in the gas can, the other end goes in your fuel fill port about 6 to 8 inches in. Put the gas can in the cargo bed. Shake the siphon at the gas can up and down a couple inches until it fills the clear tube of the siphon and it will finish on it's own. Empties a 5 gallon can in a couple minutes.
Harbor Freight has one for about 7 or 8 bucks. No spilling gas, no fighting with the can AND the spout AND fuel port on the truck.
https://www.harborfreight.com/self-priming-copper-jiggler-pump-47334.html
Glad I came across this thread. I have one of these safety siphons. Have never used it. It's high quality stiff clear tubing bought from Matco tools. it'll def work on the Ranger.
So I wasn't just blowing money away that day on the tool truck, cool, thanks.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
SuperCab: It's with the other tools in the rear storage compartment... drivers side.

DSCF2477.JPG
DSCF2478.JPG

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Also good for oil changes?

Rickster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Machinist/Tool Maker/CNC programmer
I just want to say how much I appreciate this thread. After purchasing my Ranger, I found that I could not get my solid plastic funnel into the second opening of the capless fuel aperture. I simply wanted to add my favorite fuel treatment, but due to the design I just couldn't do it. Thanks to this thread, I was able to find the adapter in the supplied tool kit, and it works like a champ! Many thanks to you all!

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The funnel is not for convenience. It is a necessity if you have a gas capless fuel fill. It holds the small fuel fill doors open while you fill. Most gas cans are unable to do this and trying to refill without will make a big mess.

This is absolutely the most asinine thing in my many many years I have ever seen. Why design a capless fuel door that requires a fricken funnel in order to add gas from a gas can?!?! I mean what in the actual F*** Ford?! So I went and looked and of course I don't have this stupid funnel. So now I have to buy something that I otherwise wouldn't need if Ford had uh..I don't know.. USED A REGULAR DAMN GAS CAP!!! :explode::explode::explode::explode::explode:

I really need to stop clicking on threads that have anything to do with the gas tank or "Easy Fill Gas Cap"... Every time I do I get exceedingly more irritated about this thing. I mean it had to have been designed by Loki and the Marquis De Sade... :devil::devil::devil:

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
This is absolutely the most asinine thing in my many many years I have ever seen. Why design a capless fuel door that requires a fricken funnel in order to add gas from a gas can?!?! I mean what in the actual F*** Ford?! So I went and looked and of course I don't have this stupid funnel. So now I have to buy something that I otherwise wouldn't need if Ford had uh..I don't know.. USED A REGULAR DAMN GAS CAP!!! :explode::explode::explode::explode::explode:

I really need to stop clicking on threads that have anything to do with the gas tank or "Easy Fill Gas Cap"... Every time I do I get exceedingly more irritated about this thing. I mean it had to have been designed by Loki and the Marquis De Sade... :devil::devil::devil:
Funnel should be behind the rear seat back on the passenger side.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Funnel should be behind the rear seat back on the passenger side.

I looked and of course it's not there.

Oh well...

At least I had credit on Amazon from the result of their Logistics Team's recent and numerous screw-ups. So it didn't cost me anything. But knowing my luck, they'll probably lose the package or deliver it to the wrong address. Again...

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
Ford is not the only company that uses the cap-less fuel door. I think that the fuel door should have a release inside of the cab to prevent people from messing with the fuel tank. My Jeep Renegade was the same way as the Ranger.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I picked one up at one of the auto parts store for a few bucks that I keep in the garage for adding Sea Foam. That way, I can keep the factory one behind the back seat for emergencies....and I won't stink up my truck.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
SuperCab: It's with the other tools in the rear storage compartment... drivers side.

DSCF2477.JPG
DSCF2478.JPG
John,
I just pulled out my fuel funnel and tried to put it back on the strap shown in your photo. I couldn't manage to get it snapped back on. Is there anyway to re-attach it without removing the jack?
Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I picked one up at one of the auto parts store for a few bucks that I keep in the garage for adding Sea Foam. That way, I can keep the factory one behind the back seat for emergencies....and I won't stink up my truck.
Mike,
Are these funnels specially designed not to jam in the filler tube of the Ranger? Most standard filler funnels and gas can nozzles can get stuck in there.
Thanks,
Paul

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Mike,
Are these funnels specially designed not to jam in the filler tube of the Ranger? Most standard filler funnels and gas can nozzles can get stuck in there.
Thanks,
Paul
Paul,

There are 2 pages in the Owners Manual related to the fuel funnel. Read it, Know It, Live It. :like:

Owners Manual, Page 143:

Note: Do not use aftermarket funnels as​
they may not work with the capless fuel​
system and can damage it.​
Sponsored