OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Paul,

There are 2 pages in the Owners Manual related to the fuel funnel. Read it, Know It, Live It. :like:

Owners Manual, Page 143:

Note: Do not use aftermarket funnels as​
they may not work with the capless fuel​
system and can damage it.​
John,
I did read the manual before this post and it didn't answer my following question. I pulled the factory fuel funnel out from underneath the jack and my question to you is: To replace the funnel back into its original location, Is there a way to snap the funnel back onto the strip shown in you photo without removing the jack? I tried to attach it to the strip with the jack still in but couldn't manage it.

My question about buying an aftermarket funnel for a spare is: Can you get one that is designed to work with the filler neck on the Ranger that will not jam or get stuck in the filler neck or do you have purchase a Ford OEM funnel?

Thanks again.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
John,
I did read the manual before this post and it didn't answer my following question. I pulled the factory fuel funnel out from underneath the jack and my question to you is: To replace the funnel back into its original location, Is there a way to snap the funnel back onto the strip shown in you photo without removing the jack? I tried to attach it to the strip with the jack still in but couldn't manage it.
I don't know.

For an unused funnel, you could always wrap a shop rage around the funnel and stuff it in beside the jack. If it's been used though I'd suggest putting the funnel in a zip-lock bag so your truck doesn't wreak of gas.

John,
My question about buying an aftermarket funnel for a spare is: Can you get one that is designed to work with the filler neck on the Ranger that will not jam or get stuck in the filler neck or do you have purchase a Ford OEM funnel?

Thanks again.
I would buy the funnel from Ford. Why take a chance on finding out there is an issue?

But I see no reason why you couldn't compare your "Ford" funnel to an aftermarket funnel and determine for yourself if they are dimensionally the same.

In my nearly 5 decades of driving, I've never run out of gas. But it's always good to be prepared.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't know.

For an unused funnel, you could always wrap a shop rage around the funnel and stuff it in beside the jack. If it's been used though I'd suggest putting the funnel in a zip-lock bag so your truck doesn't wreak of gas.

I would buy the funnel from Ford. Why take a chance on finding out there is an issue?

But I see no reason why you couldn't compare your "Ford" funnel to an aftermarket funnel and determine for yourself if they are dimensionally the same.

In my nearly 5 decades of driving, I've never run out of gas. But it's always good to be prepared.
I've only run out to gas once or twice in my life when I was a kid and hopefully it won't happen again. Before vehicles gave low gas notifications. The reason I need a spare funnel is because of the gas shortage which has not reached our area yet but probably will. I have filled up some extra gas containers just in case and will need to transfer into the Truck before the octane has diminished too much. I want to keep the factory one in the Truck for a backup and use the spare for the transfers so I won't have to keep pulling the factory one in and out and also prevent it from stinking the Truck up with a gas smell.

1622042025002.png

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
The funnel can be easily clipped on and off the vertical interior trim piece where the jack is, where it comes from the factory. Would leave it in the bed to air out though first after using it

Since I "splash blend" E85 at the pump with 91, I use a funnel each time. I bought a 2nd funnel from ford for about $7 and then cut down a funnel like this to fit within the factory funnel and it works great, fits under the rear seat

1622043609383.png

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Mike,
Are these funnels specially designed not to jam in the filler tube of the Ranger? Most standard filler funnels and gas can nozzles can get stuck in there.
Thanks,
Paul
The funnel was sold specifically for "capless" fuel tank vehicles. It looks just like the factory Ford one. No issues, having used it many times since last summer.

funnel.jpg

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
The funnel was sold specifically for "capless" fuel tank vehicles. It looks just like the factory Ford one. No issues, having used it many times since last summer.

funnel.jpg
Reminds me of a "piss tube" off a Beach Craft King Air.... ✈

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

funnel.jpg
Thanks Mike!

1622063456563.png

Grady

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger FX4, 17 Subaru BRZ Yellow, 11 Evora
Occupation
Manager