First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I'm am planning to dive into the project of putting the Bronco M210 front diff with locker into my ranger.

Right now I'm planning to by the Bronco M210 driveshaft and modify it and my current ranger drivshaft to make it work.
Also planning to buy the bronco CV shafts and see if the ranger Axles shafts will fit into them, if not will be stuck with custom axles.

But I'm not real certain were the extra with of the bronco comes from. If this front diff is wider than the ranges i would not want to mess with it.

Can anyone confirm that the width of the Bronco front diff is the same with of a ranger?
Dimension X measures about 23 1/8" on my ranger.

1642121337599.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cody Smith

Cody Smith

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Reactions: Doc

Yama_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor Soon 2021 APG Ranger
that Dana news is exciting. Iā€™m in an APG built Ranger on 35ā€™s and the lack of proper gears has been a big disappointment. The m190ā€™s lack of strength is also not particularly awesome. Stoked to see this come together. I canā€™t imagine the m210 is dimensionally much different. The devil will be in the details, I suppose.

GareBare

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
The differential in that photo measures at about 25 1/4 inches. You must use the Bronco inner axle joint from a Bronco with an E-locker on the drivers side or you'll have issues. Don't ask how I know that ?.

PXL_20220118_231537171.jpg

Last edited:

GareBare

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
Has anyone looked to see if 4.70 gear set is available for the rear differential?

OP
OP
Cody Smith

Cody Smith

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
The differential in that photo measures at about 25 1/4 inches. You must use the Bronco inner axle joint from a Bronco with an E-locker on the drivers side or you'll have issues. Don't ask how I know that ?.

PXL_20220118_231537171.jpg
Thanks! So Ranger CV on passenger side works?

Does this mean I could just by only driver side Bronco CV axle And make it work.

OP
OP
Cody Smith

Cody Smith

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Has anyone looked to see if 4.70 gear set is available for the rear differential?
stage 3 Motorsports has 4.7 ring and pinion and install kit listed in the 2021 Bronco. But description includes ranger too. Should be the same.

GareBare

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
Thanks! So Ranger CV on passenger side works?

Does this mean I could just by only driver side Bronco CV axle And make it work.
I haven't been able to hold on to a diff long enough to get the time to really dig into this. So I haven't tried the ranger axles at all. We had a Bronco come in with a noise from front diff and it turned out the left axle was incorrect. The E-locker front diff is slightly larger to accommodate the locker and thus requires a longer stub on the driver side shaft. If you look at the fine print on that link to the Dana website you'll they also designate what axles are required for each differential option and it appears if you have an M190 you're going to need axles in order to use a M2X0. As far as length from wheel bearing to the differential I also have not gotten that far.
I came from swapping Hondas so if Bronco and Ranger are as close as say a Civic and an Integra then I can imagine the right combination of shafts and joints and maybe some custom parts will get this done.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Really curious to see where this goes.Would definitely be on my to do list.
ā€˜Keep the info coming!!

Ranger2020zoomzoom

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Na
I'm am planning to dive into the project of putting the Bronco M210 front diff with locker into my ranger.

Right now I'm planning to by the Bronco M210 driveshaft and modify it and my current ranger drivshaft to make it work.
Also planning to buy the bronco CV shafts and see if the ranger Axles shafts will fit into them, if not will be stuck with custom axles.

But I'm not real certain were the extra with of the bronco comes from. If this front diff is wider than the ranges i would not want to mess with it.

Can anyone confirm that the width of the Bronco front diff is the same with of a ranger?
Dimension X measures about 23 1/8" on my ranger.

1642121337599.png
Watching

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic