First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think a huge variable for the Rangers is HOW you drive it, which many people don't understand. If you drive it like you stole it, the MPG is going to be significantly worse than EPA estimates. If you hypermile it, it can be better than the MPG estimates. I like having the power on tap when I want/need it - I just have to resist the urge to tap that power too often to kill my MPG.

I read this quite a while back and it is very true - You can have ECO or you can have BOOST, but not both. And which you get depends on how heavy your right foot is.
^^This^^ Before I got my tune I drove mostly conservative but got on it once in a while and averaged 21.5 mpg with my best being 22.9 mpg. Now tuned my most recent was 19.4 mpg (which still isn't that bad) because now I'm laying into it more.

This tank I'm trying to drive it more conservative just to see what the mpg's will be as most say the tune will give you better mpg's IF you drive it tame. So far I'm at 1/2 a tank and averaging 22.8 mpg's with a mix of 60% highway/40% city driving. Now if I can continue this it proves it's all in your driving habit.
Sponsored

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
I think a huge variable for the Rangers is HOW you drive it, which many people don't understand. If you drive it like you stole it, the MPG is going to be significantly worse than EPA estimates. If you hypermile it, it can be better than the MPG estimates. I like having the power on tap when I want/need it - I just have to resist the urge to tap that power too often to kill my MPG.

I read this quite a while back and it is very true - You can have ECO or you can have BOOST, but not both. And which you get depends on how heavy your right foot is.

To add more to this today I ran an experiment. 30 Miles being active in fuel management which resulted in:
IMG_1990.jpg

It just goes to show how much mindset can affect our MPG too