Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

washbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 4x4, Saber, 501A, Trailer Tow Package, Sport Appearance Package, FX4 Package, Electronic Locking Diff, Spray in bed liner & Tinted Windows
Occupation
Retired
I'm not a MacOS person but is there different unzip program you can use? file size and naming convention sound correct.[/QUOT
I tried several unzip programs and none of them will work. I though perhaps I had a corrupt file, so I have downloaded the map file twice, but same issue every time. I will do some more research when I have time or I might be stuck paying the $40.
Sponsored

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
I just checked and mine says NA 1 18. I put my VIN/ESN in the website and it says I have an upgrade available? I assume it is the same version?

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
I just checked and mine says NA 1 18. I put my VIN/ESN in the website and it says I have an upgrade available? I assume it is the same version?
I would assume that. No need to upgrade IMO.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'll spend the $40 on the stick but not until I'll take a two hour trip somewhere which won't happen for quite a while. No way I want to have the truck idle for two hours.

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
I tried several unzip programs and none of them will work. I though perhaps I had a corrupt file, so I have downloaded the map file twice, but same issue every time. I will do some more research when I have time or I might be stuck paying the $40.
Take it from someone who waited over two hours for the USB drives to download, it pays to read the directions and check your format options. Both my flash drives were set to Fat32, not exFat...so here is to another two hour wait...lol!

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Same same for my truck. I downloaded anyways and I’m going to see what happens when I plug in the usb tomorrow. It’s gotten a little to late tonight to mess with it.

washbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 4x4, Saber, 501A, Trailer Tow Package, Sport Appearance Package, FX4 Package, Electronic Locking Diff, Spray in bed liner & Tinted Windows
Occupation
Retired
Take it from someone who waited over two hours for the USB drives to download, it pays to read the directions and check your format options. Both my flash drives were set to Fat32, not exFat...so here is to another two hour wait...lol!
USB is formatted correctly (exFat), but I can't even reach the point to use the USB. Per directions, download file and then unzip, then copy to USB. I cannot get the download file to unzip without receiving the error. I have gigabyte service, so download doesn't take much time (minutes). I've downloaded several times, but same error every time. I will play with it a little more before exploring my options.

washbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
USB is formatted correctly (exFat), but I can't even reach the point to use the USB. Per directions, download file and then unzip, then copy to USB. I cannot get the download file to unzip without receiving the error. I have gigabyte service, so download doesn't take much time (minutes). I've downloaded several times, but same error every time. I will play with it a little more before exploring my options.
Finally was able to unzip files after trying several unarchiver applications. Copied to USB, now just need to update in the truck later today.

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
Of course I spent over 6 hours waiting for the download, converting it to two of my USB sticks, reformatting my USB's and finally going out to do the update...still errors when I put it in the vehicle. Now this morning I cannot re-download the update...:explode:

*edit*
Of course I think its an issue of not reading instructions...forgot to put the licence file in the Sync3file on the USB. Was outside. So I guess tonight after work I get to have some more fun...Still is odd we cannot download the update, or did Ford only allow one download?
ford update.jpg

Last edited:

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
So, I tried the update today and after an hour I came out and my truck had shut off and the Update had failed! I have a nightlight in the 110 volt outlet so Start/Stop doesn't engage but the Truck shut off.. Is there another way to stop it from shutting off when idling?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Of course I spent over 6 hours waiting for the download, converting it to two of my USB sticks, reformatting my USB's and finally going out to do the update...still errors when I put it in the vehicle. Now this morning I cannot re-download the update...:explode:

*edit*
Of course I think its an issue of not reading instructions...forgot to put the licence file in the Sync3file on the USB. Was outside. So I guess tonight after work I get to have some more fun...Still is odd we cannot download the update, or did Ford only allow one download?
ford update.jpg
you need to follow then link in the email to download again

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
So, I tried the update today and after an hour I came out and my truck had shut off and the Update had failed! I have a nightlight in the 110 volt outlet so Start/Stop doesn't engage but the Truck shut off.. Is there another way to stop it from shutting off when idling?
plan a long trip. the idea of needing to idle the truck to do the update is nuts.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
There's an option in the dash menus "auto engine off". Uncheck that box and it won't turn off while idling.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
There's an option in the dash menus "auto engine off". Uncheck that box and it won't turn off while idling.
By Dash Menus I assume you mean where the Speedo is? I'd expect Left side group in a Lariat?
Sponsored