Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4X4, FX4, Black package
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
Thanks, so just confirming, my numbers are below, will I lose the climate control after the update, please let me know, I just want to be sure.

7D0-04-01000033000D1C
Yes. I'm certainly not the expert here, but your middle set is missing the 8, so you are golden.
Sponsored

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
No. I haven't found any method to either reverse it or fix it. I'll wait it out before I take it to the dealer, so currently, I'm waiting.
thanks. I guess will just wait till till I see it’s been resolved. Thanks for the info.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I lost the climate screen, but I'm not overly bothered for now--it's always just been on auto anyway.

ABKsDad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So a strange thing happened yesterday while upgrading the maps. I had already upgraded the Sync to 3.4 the previous day but when I started the map upgrade it was almost as if as soon as I pressed the button to approve the upgrade that it felt like the system had turned the heat on. AC would not blow any cool let alone cold air. Drove home and around with the AC off and the windows down. Nothing I tried including a master rest would kick the AC back on.

Now I had been idling in the Texas heat for about 15 minutes prior to starting the process, so I am wondering if the AC just choose that moment to burn out.

Anyway the truck is now at the dealer with them hopefully finding out the issue and fixing it.

Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I seem to be having an issue trying to update these damn maps. I have version 17, downloaded 18 did the install had it come up as successful and restarted the truck like it tells you to and still have 17 . Called ford sync services and they tried to tell me 18 was no go so they released version 19. Started from the beginning freshly downloaded the “new” version and attempted again with the same issue. I am on sync 3.3 build 19052 cause they took down 3.4 anyone have some insight?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I seem to be having an issue trying to update these damn maps. I have version 17, downloaded 18 did the install had it come up as successful and restarted the truck like it tells you to and still have 17 . Called ford sync services and they tried to tell me 18 was no go so they released version 19. Started from the beginning freshly downloaded the “new” version and attempted again with the same issue. I am on sync 3.3 build 19052 cause they took down 3.4 anyone have some insight?
They should’ve told you that is a bug in v3.3. You may have the 18/19 maps installed correctly. You can verify via the diagnostic screen. Updating to 3.4 won’t fix that string until the next map install is run.

Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
They should’ve told you that is a bug in v3.3. You may have the 18/19 maps installed correctly. You can verify via the diagnostic screen. Updating to 3.4 won’t fix that string until the next map install is run.
Gotcha how do I get to the diagnostic screen? And what your saying is once I can update to 3.4 rerun the map update so the number will change as well? I also lost my voice commands for nav only it seems like.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha how do I get to the diagnostic screen? And what your saying is once I can update to 3.4 rerun the map update so the number will change as well? I also lost my voice commands for nav only it seems like.
Correct on 3.4 and re-run. You’ll need to re-run anyway if voice isn’t working as the install didn’t complete fully. See other thread on that specific topic. Diag menu is hold down seek forward / right on the IP and steering wheel for 10 seconds, end speaker walk around, select APIM in upper left, IVSU Versions in lower right. For map you’ll see one 14G421 and one 14G422 (which ones depends on system language and the current location) if the map is fully installed. If you check now you won’t have a 14G422 most likely.

Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Correct on 3.4 and re-run. You’ll need to re-run anyway if voice isn’t working as the install didn’t complete fully. See other thread on that specific topic. Diag menu is hold down seek forward / right on the IP and steering wheel for 10 seconds, end speaker walk around, select APIM in upper left, IVSU Versions in lower right. For map you’ll see one 14G421 and one 14G422 (which ones depends on system language and the current location) if the map is fully installed. If you check now you won’t have a 14G422 most likely.
Gotcha thank you for the information I’m either gonna wait for ford to put 3.4 back up or just do it from the other post here.

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha thank you for the information I’m either gonna wait for ford to put 3.4 back up or just do it from the other post here.
Looks like its back up version 3.4.20136. They took it away last week and its back on there yesterday. Will try tomorrow and see if its fixed.

Update: Loaded it tonight and it went well. But still lost my climate button on the Main screen. guess they didn't fix the bug for trucks with the "8" in the block.

Update: Used forscan and enabled the the three climate switches and everything is good. Got climate back on the screen with V3.4.

Last edited:

Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like its back up version 3.4.20136. They took it away last week and its back on there yesterday. Will try tommorow and see if its fixed.
I did the update today and it worked the maps took a little while but also worked I lost my voice commands but I did a master reset and they came back also follow the instructions above from UofMEngineer that’s how I knew I was missing the voice options

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
Downloaded SYNC3 v3.4.20136 today, it installed perfectly tonight and did not lose climate.

Ammalone72

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Med clerk
Was that the FIRST time that complete pop up displayed after the initial restart (after you accept the install will disable nav voice)? If so, you pulled the stick early and need to let the last step run. That'll recover the nav voice. Per other posts, it's going to show the wrong version on v3.3 due to a bug. You can verify what's installed through the diagnostic menu.
So I finally got a call back from ford about my issue. They sent me an email with an attached file to install, however, after following instructions, I am now without complete navigation. We tried a module reset and that didn't work. Ford did state that this navigation command issue is a problem with this update. Its not effecting everyone though.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I finally got a call back from ford about my issue. They sent me an email with an attached file to install, however, after following instructions, I am now without complete navigation. We tried a module reset and that didn't work. Ford did state that this navigation command issue is a problem with this update. Its not effecting everyone though.
The tool they gave you deletes all map data. You need to re-run the map installer now. Most folks are being tripped up by the restarts unfortunately. And many are missing that there are two sets of instructions. Of course the one most miss is the one that’s says it restarts twice don’t pull the stick. Hence, the lost voice commands. Sigh.

Ammalone72

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Med clerk
The tool they gave you deletes all map data. You need to re-run the map installer now. Most folks are being tripped up by the restarts unfortunately. And many are missing that there are two sets of instructions. Of course the one most miss is the one that’s says it restarts twice don’t pull the stick. Hence, the lost voice commands. Sigh.
I re-ran the original install afterwards. I waited 10 minutes after the second install complete screen came up (it never went away) before I pulled the usb out.
Sponsored