First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
This is my only forum, so I'm pretty inexperienced. I do read a lot of comments online though, and it's the same everywhere: there will always be that 5% that "stir the pot". It could be the cutest video of kittens playing with baby ducks, and still there will be dislikes. Usually in the single digit percentage. I just shake my head, and move on. It's no different here, although it seems to be pretty limited. Despite that, here I am, happy to be learning new things about my truck. The positives completely outweigh the negatives for me.
Sponsored

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
I'm guilty of a few digs at the damper owners but it's all in fun and (hopefully) good humor. Nothing mean or rude. If a topic isn't my cup of tea (politics, guns, hunting etc) I never even click on it. Just whiz on by and stay with stuff I like. I come here to relax and enjoy the Ranger family. Same thing with other forums in the classic Mustang world.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
This is my only forum, so I'm pretty inexperienced. I do read a lot of comments online though, and it's the same everywhere: there will always be that 5% that "stir the pot". It could be the cutest video of kittens playing with baby ducks, and still there will be dislikes. Usually in the single digit percentage. I just shake my head, and move on. It's no different here, although it seems to be pretty limited. Despite that, here I am, happy to be learning new things about my truck. The positives completely outweigh the negatives for me.
At this time, my job and hobbies keeps me pretty occupied so this is also my only forum. I do need to get on an Edge Forum for my wife's 2021 Edge ST. LOVE that car and really need to learn more about it - as I have on this forum.

Like most of us old-timers, if the read is starting to get rude, I just move on. Don't need that drama in my life.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I like that Rob lets us try and work things out ourselves and steps in once things get really out of hand.
Thanks for the compliment Dave, but I'm not the only moderator on the forum. I think there is a good group of moderators here. I do think moderation should be light, although some of the recent threads were really pushing the envelope. Sometimes people need to just take a breath before responding. I've been guilty of that myself sometimes, and then I take a breath and just don't respond.

Sorry for the long post, I don't mean to put a damper on anyones day. ?
You just couldn't help yourself make one more damper comment, could you? :LOL:

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
I..... don't see any of that. Sorry, but I find this forum to be helpful, insightful and fun. Compared to Twitter and Facebook, this forum is pure delight. There may be a few rabble-rousers, but they're ignored easily enough. My humble suggestion is to just move past those posts. Block or mute if you must.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guilty of a few digs at the damper owners but it's all in fun and (hopefully) good humor. Nothing mean or rude. If a topic isn't my cup of tea (politics, guns, hunting etc) I never even click on it. Just whiz on by and stay with stuff I like. I come here to relax and enjoy the Ranger family. Same thing with other forums in the classic Mustang world.
Same - it's not usually too difficult to see what threads to avoid. I also think there are some on here with senses of humor (sense of humors?) that are taken the wrong way...they make a comment and get lambasted for it because someone didn't understand the sarcasm.

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
I understand your points and they are relevant. Here is the deal, forums can be strictly informational like a cookbook/encyclopedia or they be a community where folks come on for a nice distraction with folks who have a few things in common. Personalities will naturally reveal themselves in a two dimensional space, we can’t see body language or facial expressions so some of the banter maybe playful even though it appears hostile at face value. It is all about positively and balance. Ships don’t sink because of the water around them, they sink when they let the water get inside them.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
This place is pretty fair compared to some others, I come here for technical info and have learned some interesting stuff, I didn't even know there was a damper until I dropped in here and I was amused until it got so old (although, I thought of photo shopping a arm with a damper between the shoulder and the wrist?)
It's the calling people stupid or F#cker$ that makes you wonder 'is that the beer talking?"
Some of the big mouths should try to view things from somebody else's position, not just their own.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I am with you guys - this is not the worst forum for bickering, probably not the best but like you all have said ignore it and move on. I know that can be hard in the middle of thread on bed lights for examplem, when a couple go off for 20 posts arguing about dampers ? - couldn't resist!
I have not ignored anyone yet, I figure even a PIA will eventually make a positive contribution.
I do ignore threads, some due to stupidity and others I just don't have an interest.
But I follow twice as many as I ignore and have gotten a lot out of this forum (and spent a lot of $$). But its great to have a community to learn from and share with!
The few guys I have met in person are awesome and remember we all have that common Ranger Fever.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Lots of good stuff on here and some good jokes. You have to be able to take a joke here and in life. Just no reason to be a condescending dickhead which I've seen a few times on here, but more the exception than the rule. Good group overall even you Ranger Pride and the rest of the Canadians. :LOL:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Thanks for the compliment Dave, but I'm not the only moderator on the forum. I think there is a good group of moderators here. I do think moderation should be light, although some of the recent threads were really pushing the envelope. Sometimes people need to just take a breath before responding. I've been guilty of that myself sometimes, and then I take a breath and just don't respond.

You just couldn't help yourself make one more damper comment, could you? :LOL:
Good advice Rob, I think it is incredibly important to think before acting :)

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
... senses of humor (sense of humors?) that are taken the wrong way...they make a comment and get lambasted for it because someone didn't understand the sarcasm.
and that used to be called "having the vapors":crackup:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
thanks
I own who I am and people can take it or leave it.
I dont lose sleep over offending people
ahhh, too bad, I didn't see this while writing the previous, you guys are too fast. At any rate, I suspect you just caused some a "vapor" or 6 :angel:

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like here recently there is a lot of flaming and BS going on in a lot of threads. I'm not talking about threads going off topic but more actual flaming, name calling, insults, etc. Stuff that would get your teeth knocked out at a bar. I'm finding myself on here less just because it's frustrating and irritating to have to sift through pages of stupid arguments to find actual useful information. A lot of it seems to come from the same members too. Even after reporting posts nothing seems to change. I'm on multiple forums and this one seems to be the most hostile with is rather unfortunate. I guess this is more venting/ranting than anything.
I've been noticing more and more personal jabs/insults in the hotter topics lately as well. I've unwatched quite a few threads that I would have otherwise liked to keep up with because of it. Sometimes it literally makes me feel sick.

It's usually the guys who feel that they have more experience than everyone else and act as if they are the authority on a particular topic and therefore must tear everyone else down in a show of dominance. Like watching gorillas fight over a toy at the zoo.

Oh and the damper jokes too.. I cringe and try to sift through them but sometimes it's too much. It's bad enough when half the replies to a legitimate question are people ripping apart the question with their conflicting opinions, so to have to sift through all the damper jokes as well can be really annoying.

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You know those Progressive Insurance commercials where they are talking about using an app and is it hash-tagging? ... is this what cancel culture looks like :crackup: :crazy:
Sponsored