First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
There is supposed to be a way to download the asbuilt data from Ford, however I've not been able to figure out the magic juju to make that work. Saving what you have before you make any changes is the safest way forward with FORScan.
Use https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt/ -- on first use, the site will ask for language then toggle to login. Reload https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt/ enter your vin and answer the robo blocker and you'll get a full list of the data. There's a download tab so you can save off the data.

But... Ford and FORScan use different formats so you can't just download from Ford and apply using FORScan.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Use https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt/ -- on first use, the site will ask for language then toggle to login. Reload https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt/ enter your vin and answer the robo blocker and you'll get a full list of the data. There's a download tab so you can save off the data.

But... Ford and FORScan use different formats so you can't just download from Ford and apply using FORScan.
Thank you! I guess it was that refresh that was tripping me up. I was able to download all my asbuilt data.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I just did this, I thought the Robo locker was funny?

1587329607193.png
Too funny! I develop software for a living and I say this almost every day!!! :)

So much garbage software is developed these days and it seems to be getting worse.

moredneck

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 500A Hot Pepper Red 3/27/20
Finally got the auto start/stop disabled today, had to change the hex writing in the as built, easy change didn’t work.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I did however get the Traffic Signs option to display. I’ll test it out here in a few.
F58DE3CA-5E31-4815-8F64-26D4DDFEC35C.jpeg
6DFA8CFF-A538-459F-8AB7-228B6F807381.jpeg
144DAC01-44B1-464A-B052-CBB6D37C4F67.jpeg
I have the same option enabled now, but it does not seem to actually do anything. It added the small round area to the lower portion of the left hand screen, but no speed limit ever shows up there, and even with all the warnings turned on the truck could not care less if I exceed the speed limit. I really want to know if this truck can actually read the street signs as I pass them. Prior to enabling this feature today, I've intermittently had a speed limit indicator present on the navigation screen, but that seems to come out of GPS data, not actual posted speed limit. Sometimes it's been off.

Can a 2019 Lariat actually read speed limit signs?

Here is the bit that turns on when I enable the "Traffic Signs" system.... but no icon or anything ever appears down there. Just a black circle:

IMG_3253.jpg

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I have the same option enabled now, but it does not seem to actually do anything. It added the small round area to the lower portion of the left hand screen, but no speed limit ever shows up there, and even with all the warnings turned on the truck could not care less if I exceed the speed limit. I really want to know if this truck can actually read the street signs as I pass them. Prior to enabling this feature today, I've intermittently had a speed limit indicator present on the navigation screen, but that seems to come out of GPS data, not actual posted speed limit. Sometimes it's been off.

Here is the bit that turns on when I enable the "Traffic Signs" system.... but no icon or anything ever appears down there. Just a black circle:

IMG_3253.jpg
Only works for outside North America. Most likely Europe.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
It seemed like a non-US option to me and never worked.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_3253.jpg
Try enabling Navigation on the Right screen. It shows some speed limit signs but not all.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
Hey guys! I got me OBDLink EX yesterday, installed FORScan, and got the unit paired with my Ranger. So without reading every thread, is there a simple guide to using FORScan? I know there's spreadsheets and codes to make specific changes, but I can't find how/where to make the changes.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Hey guys! I got me OBDLink EX yesterday, installed FORScan, and got the unit paired with my Ranger. So without reading every thread, is there a simple guide to using FORScan? I know there's spreadsheets and codes to make specific changes, but I can't find how/where to make the changes.
There’s really not... first you have to make sure you are not in demo mode. I think that is under settings.

second when you connect, it’s going to ask you to confirm the vehicle details.
Next you can navigate through the buttons on the left side of the screen to find the one that lets you modify asbuilt or perform service actions.
Spend some time looking through the forscan crowdsourced wiki, and the other forscan thread with tons of pages before you start making changes.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Before you do A N Y T H I N G, create a backup of all the modules. It's explained on the forscan forum.
Sponsored