Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
@Big Blue I got everything working today. I had to type in my OEM PCM code, but I did not have to revert back to the stock tune :) I didn't change much. I saved a new file before I started messing with stuff and I saved a file of what I changed too. The only things I changed were the splash screen to the Raptor and the Offroad gauge in the instrument cluster. I was looking and learning different things.

It's funny, my remote start option was disabled, but I got the OEM Remote Start option? It was way to cold here to mess with it much, so I'll probably do some more with it tomorrow, like the ABS Bleed, Bambi mode, Engine sounds off and maybe some other small changes?

Also, I saw auto start/stop in 2 different sections. One was enabled and one was disabled? Is that supposed to be right? I have it disabled through my tune.

I have aftermarket LED headlight housings and would love to find out how to disable their DRL. AlphaRex said the only way to disable it, was to cut their grey wire under the headlight housing itself...

I did see something like a Performance Brake change? Anyone know what that is/does? Honestly, there isn't much I want to change on it, but I got the 3 year license, just because whynot?
Sponsored

A Tale Of Two Rangers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT 4x4, 1999 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Marketing
@Big Blue I got everything working today. I had to type in my OEM PCM code, but I did not have to revert back to the stock tune :) I didn't change much. I saved a new file before I started messing with stuff and I saved a file of what I changed too. The only things I changed were the splash screen to the Raptor and the Offroad gauge in the instrument cluster. I was looking and learning different things.

It's funny, my remote start option was disabled, but I got the OEM Remote Start option? It was way to cold here to mess with it much, so I'll probably do some more with it tomorrow, like the ABS Bleed, Bambi mode, Engine sounds off and maybe some other small changes?

Also, I saw auto start/stop in 2 different sections. One was enabled and one was disabled? Is that supposed to be right? I have it disabled through my tune.

I have aftermarket LED headlight housings and would love to find out how to disable their DRL. AlphaRex said the only way to disable it, was to cut their grey wire under the headlight housing itself...

I did see something like a Performance Brake change? Anyone know what that is/does? Honestly, there isn't much I want to change on it, but I got the 3 year license, just because whynot?
I did the same as you, just minimal changes.
I added the courtesy wipe (extra sweep of the wipers) after you use the windshield washer. I too paid for the license. It's only fair if you plan to keep the changes.
I chose the ST splash screen as I had some extra ST badges when I did the ST Octane Academy with the purchase of my Focus ST3.
I've got a fake badged Ranger ST. When I took it in for the first service, the dealer said he'd never seen a Ranger ST. I told him how I came to own and install them.
ST Badged Ranger.jpg

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

You will find some things that do not work on our rangers and some that will only apply to Lariats because they have those features and your XLT does not. There are several that show up but only apply to F150s. Check out the Forscan WIKI thread for which changes work on our Rangers.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same as you, just minimal changes.
I added the courtesy wipe (extra sweep of the wipers) after you use the windshield washer. I too paid for the license. It's only fair if you plan to keep the changes.
I chose the ST splash screen as I had some extra ST badges when I did the ST Octane Academy with the purchase of my Focus ST3.
I've got a fake badged Ranger ST. When I took it in for the first service, the dealer said he'd never seen a Ranger ST. I told him how I came to own and install them.
Mine has an option in the instrument cluster for a courtesy wiper option already? I haven't had to drive it in the rain yet, so I'm not sure if it's there or not?

I first used the Shelby splash thingy and it looked sweet! I wanted an "ST" badge, but couldn't find an all blacked out one?

When the license runs out, we don't loose the options we've checked, do we?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
You will find some things that do not work on our rangers and some that will only apply to Lariats because they have those features and your XLT does not. There are several that show up but only apply to F150s. Check out the Forscan WIKI thread for which changes work on our Rangers.
I've looked at the 1st page of the Wiki and assume that's all that we can change and if so, it's not really that much?

I saw someone changed something with the battery percentage from 75 to 90, but I forgot what exactly it was?

A Tale Of Two Rangers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT 4x4, 1999 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Marketing
Mine has an option in the instrument cluster for a courtesy wiper option already? I haven't had to drive it in the rain yet, so I'm not sure if it's there or not?

I first used the Shelby splash thingy and it looked sweet! I wanted an "ST" badge, but couldn't find an all blacked out one?

When the license runs out, we don't loose the options we've checked, do we?
I have a log book in the truck with every change I tried and either kept or returned to the stock setting.

The courtesy wipe is in the same group as the instrument cluster changes. You can set it for 1, 2 or more extra sweeps. It happens automatically when you use the washer. There is a half-second pause and then the courtesy wipe or wipes happen.

When I purchased my Focus ST3 it came with a free 1-day driving school at Miller Motorsport Park. At the completion of the course they gave everyone blacked out ST badges to replace the red badges.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I have a log book in the truck with every change I tried and either kept or returned to the stock setting.

The courtesy wipe is in the same group as the instrument cluster changes. You can set it for 1, 2 or more extra sweeps. It happens automatically when you use the washer. There is a half-second pause and then the courtesy wipe or wipes happen.

When I purchased my Focus ST3 it came with a free 1-day driving school at Miller Motorsport Park. At the completion of the course they gave everyone blacked out ST badges to replace the red badges.

Oh, I see what you mean about the wiper now. I personally don't mind having to manually do it. Vehicles are getting way too advanced, at least for my tastes, LOL!

I believe I found a Black ST badge on Fleabay, but they wanted damn near $100 bucks for it... I watched your video, I've never been much of a fan of auto-x, but I would love to do a road course with the Ranger :)

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student

What i know as of now from actually using forscan
There is for the gauge cluster ass. It is in the menu of the gauge cluster. The fuel milage part. If im making any sense, it enables what it shows for ass, turned off by driver, working normal, plug in use, drive mode selected, etc
In the gauge cluster.
The second part of ass is in the bcm. This is where it actually gets disabled. Makes the dash button just a useless button. But it also disables battery management. I have not noticed a difference on battery management. It is a daily driver so gets used for work errands and so on.
The drl. That is a feature that can be disabled through your menu on the gauge cluster.
I have a 4x2 xlt
Enabled the off road guages too. And the remote start, for the ford app on our phones? Or for the remote? I do not know about that one.
Any more help needed i can add pics. Just ask. Be happy to help

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
What i know as of now from actually using forscan
There is for the gauge cluster ass. It is in the menu of the gauge cluster. The fuel milage part. If im making any sense, it enables what it shows for ass, turned off by driver, working normal, plug in use, drive mode selected, etc
In the gauge cluster.
The second part of ass is in the bcm. This is where it actually gets disabled. Makes the dash button just a useless button. But it also disables battery management. I have not noticed a difference on battery management. It is a daily driver so gets used for work errands and so on.
The drl. That is a feature that can be disabled through your menu on the gauge cluster.
I have a 4x2 xlt
Enabled the off road guages too. And the remote start, for the ford app on our phones? Or for the remote? I do not know about that one.
Any more help needed i can add pics. Just ask. Be happy to help
Gotcha on the instrument cluster ASS light, LOL! That's where it was still enabled, but 5-Star definitely disabled it on the tune, per my request. It's weird, if I drive in "D", the console light is off, but ASS never engages. When I switch to "S", the ASS console light comes on. That was throwing me off, but after talking to 5-Star Tuning last week, that answered that. I assume if I turn ASS off in the instrument cluster section, that the console light won't come on in "S" mode at all? It's not a big deal, as long as ASS isn't working, as I really dislike that feature...

As far my DRL's, they're not like OEM. I have AlphaRex LUXX LED headlight assemblies. If I turn off DRL in the trucks' settings on the dash, that just turns off my dim DRL lights. These light have a completely different DRL and AlphaRex told me if I wanted to disable the DRL's, I had to cut a grey wire, in the bottom of their headlight assembly. These are my lights:

My DRL's

I'm not sure I'll actually use the offroad gauges, since my truck is lowered, I just thought that was a neat feature and might look cool on a road track course?

I'm not sure which section I saw the Remote Start in, but it was disabled. I did notice that on my key fob, if I push the start button, like the idiots at the dealer showed me, that it does absolutely nothing. But, if I use Ford app on my phone, it works perfectly? I used that last Friday to warm up my truck before leaving work.

Once it warms up today, I'll go out to the garage and mess with it some more. I also realized that I didn't save any of the AS BUILT files.... :( but, at least, I did not change anything in these files, but I was told I needed to save them as backups, in case something did get changed by accident in?

I didn't know how to do the ABS bleed yesterday, but I watched a video last night, that explains it, so that will be done today.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
OK yall, I went out to the garage about 1.5 hours ago and cranked up the ole propane heater and got to work.

I looked at the FORScan Wiki on here and went from there :)

I saved every one of the AS BUILT files, there were a lot on my truck!

After that was done, I did the ABS Bleed and ABS Reset.

Then, I changed my Splash Screen back to the Raptor intro.

I enabled the Off-Road Gauge back.

I disabled the other ASS option.

I disabled DRL, but in my case, it didn't work, because of the lights I have installed... Wonder if that can be added in the future?

So, that being said, I added parking lights on with DRL's

I enabled Bambi mode, even though I rarely drive at night...

I enabled the other Remote Start, assuming that's the one on my FOB?

I changed the Power Point outlets to go off in 5 seconds.

I looked at my Enhanced Engine Sound through Speakers and it was already disabled? Maybe they did this to the 2021's?

I disabled Battery Management (BMS?)

I disabled the Welcome/Goodbye screen on the Instrument Cluster

I meant to change the one option in one of the Battery areas from 75% to 90%, like I saw someone on here do... Unsure what that option does exactly?

I think that's all I actually changed. Would be nice if you can change the lighting, but I assume that's a bulb replacement deal?

Is there anything else yall recommend I do? I do wish they still have the lifelong license option available, as I would've bought that one...

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I did change the courtesy wipe to the #2 setting.

Last edited:

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
OK yall, I went out to the garage about 1.5 hours ago and cranked up the ole propane heater and got to work.

I looked at the FORScan Wiki on here and went from there :)

I saved every one of the AS BUILT files, there were a lot on my truck!

After that was done, I did the ABS Bleed and ABS Reset.

Then, I changed my Splash Screen back to the Raptor intro.

I enabled the Off-Road Gauge back.

I disabled the other ASS option.

I disabled DRL, but in my case, it didn't work, because of the lights I have installed... Wonder if that can be added in the future?

So, that being said, I added parking lights on with DRL's

I enabled Bambi mode, even though I rarely drive at night...

I enabled the other Remote Start, assuming that's the one on my FOB?

I changed the Power Point outlets to go off in 5 seconds.

I looked at my Enhanced Engine Sound through Speakers and it was already disabled? Maybe they did this to the 2021's?

I disabled Battery Management (BMS?)

I disabled the Welcome/Goodbye screen on the Instrument Cluster

I meant to change the one option in one of the Battery areas from 75% to 90%, like I saw someone on here do... Unsure what that option does exactly?

I think that's all I actually changed. Would be nice if you can change the lighting, but I assume that's a bulb replacement deal?

Is there anything else yall recommend I do? I do wish they still have the lifelong license option available, as I would've bought that one...

Thanks for the help!
Up to you what you want really.
I disabled the key in ignition door chime
Seat belt reminder for both passenger and driver.
Blinker on fog light for that side turns on. Also turns on with steering angle at night. Dont remember what the feature is called. And really does not light up a dark corner.
And the bronco splash screen

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Up to you what you want really.
I disabled the key in ignition door chime
Seat belt reminder for both passenger and driver.
Blinker on fog light for that side turns on. Also turns on with steering angle at night. Dont remember what the feature is called. And really does not light up a dark corner.
And the bronco splash screen
Cool! The chimes and warning don't bother me. I know what you're talking about with the fog on with blinker, my 80's Vette did something similar. The Bronco screen is the sharpest one, but most of the people I work with think I have a lowered Raptor, LOL! Plus, I found a small Black 4" Raptor emblem that I ordered :)

The brake pedal felt different when I stopped at the first red light, but I guess I've gotten used to it already, as nothing felt different after that initial stop

I drove it to the store earlier and nothing was acting weird or anything. As I was driving, I remembered something else I changed and was going to update it here, but guess what? I completely forgot, LOL!

EDIT: I did change the courtesy wipe to the #2 setting.

Last edited:

vincenzo

First Name
vincenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Non sono stato in grado di pasticciare affatto, ma da quello che ho letto, la cosa piĂą importante sono i fogli di calcolo con tutti gli offset appropriati per ciascuno degli elementi configurabili. Non sono sicuro di come le persone capiscano queste cose, ma senza gli offset non sembra che tu possa fare molto. Ho guardato un video su YouTube di un ragazzo che ha apportato alcune modifiche al suo F-150 e poi ho dato un'occhiata ai forum di Forscan.

Mi piacerebbe sapere se qualcuno ha successo nell'apportare modifiche. Non avrò alcuna possibilità di sperimentare per un paio di mesi....
[/CITAZIONE]
Ci sono molte centraline che non hanno bisogno di codici ma hanno menu scritti con opzione da abilitare. Scusate immagine sfocata ma serve x dare idea
C665A888-FF8F-4D77-ABDD-0872B4C6D3E8.jpg

vincenzo

First Name
vincenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Gli specchietti autopieganti sarebbero siiiiiiick!
[/CITAZIONE
Sul mio ranger aggiunto centralina, ma da ultimo aggiornamento FORScan comparsa voce nel programma , ancora da provare
Sponsored